Best Betting Apps
With the emergence of legal US online betting sites, gambling has become more accessible. But this way is equally risky as well, especially for new and inexperienced players. To help gain these players’ confidence, sportbooks get betting apps with free bets, no deposit and with deposit requirements.
These are offers that allow bettors to place risk free bets. This implies that that can acquire winning opportunities without risking the loss of money. And, in this article, we tell you everything that you need to know about the best betting apps.
Best Betting Apps
How We Rank US Sportsbook Apps?
Individuals might become way too overwhelmed because of the various sportsbooks available within their respective states. For such reasons, choosing the right online sports betting app becomes a bit too challenging for bettors.
You will come across reputed brands, such as FanDuel and DraftKings, available in most wagering markets. Apart from that, some states have their homegrown sports wagering sites.
It’s guaranteed that all the bettors will come across a combination of local companies and big brands within their state regarding sports betting. All these sportsbooks are ranked by comparing their odds to make it easier for individuals to find the best value for their bets.
Mobile Sports Betting App Basics
American sports bettors enjoy placing their bets online, as 85% of the sports wagers started on the internet itself. But when you look into those numbers deeply, you will find that most bets are placed through mobile phones. So, to gain a good understanding, let’s find the actual meaning behind mobile sportsbooks and what people can expect from them.
Are Sportsbook Apps Available For Iphones And Android Devices?
Of course, they are. You will easily find sportsbooks available in Google Play Store and Apple App Store. But some sportsbooks are not released as apps so easily because of the numerous testing they go through to receive approval from smartphone companies.
Where To Download The Sportsbook Applications For Mobiles?
iPhone or iOS users can instantly download the app from their App Store. But the Android users, in most cases, have to download the application from the sportsbook’s official website.
What Can An Individual Do With A Mobile Sports Betting App?
The mobile sports betting apps provides bettors with a diverse range of features. They can register for an account, place their wagers, withdraw and invest funds, and win many rewards and prices. If the sportsbooks operators provide live streaming options, you can easily get them on the mobile apps as well.
States With Legal Mobile Betting Apps
Several states within the country provide mobile betting apps legally, so that people can enjoy sports wagering. So, let’s find out which are these US states.
- Colorado: Managed by the Colorado Division of Gaming.
- Washington DC: Governed by the DC Lottery.
- Illinois: Regulated under the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Iowa: Managed through the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- Oregon: Directed by Oregon Lottery.
- New Hampshire: Ruled under the New Hampshire Lottery.
- Nevada: Governed by the Nevada Gaming Control Board.
- West Virginia: Regulated under the West Virginia Lottery.
- New Jersey: Regulated by NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Michigan: Managed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
- Virginia: Governed by the Virginia Lottery.
- Pennsylvania: Managed by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Tennessee: Regulated by Tennessee Lottery.
- Indiana: Regulated by Indiana Gaming Commission.
States Looking To Launch Mobile Betting
In the United States, several states are looking forward to launching the best online betting apps by the end of 2021. These states are:
- Wyoming: The governor of Wyoming has issued House Bill 133 to legalize mobile sports wagering within the state.
- New York: The lawmakers of the state have officially approved mobile betting on April 7th, 2021. The New York governor signed the bill on 22Nd April 2021.
- Florida: Florida agreed with the Seminole Tribe, and sports wagering was approved in May 2021. Even though it received a significant “YES” from the state, the bill might experience some issues at the Federal Court before moving towards the US Department of Interiors.
- Arizona: The State Senate and Arizona House approved HB 2772 to legalize all mobile and retail sports wagering within the state on April 12th, 2021.
- Maryland: The lawmakers in Maryland passed the bill to legalize sports betting on April 12th, 2021. Governor Larry Hogan signed the bill on April 18th, 2021.
- Connecticut: The state of Connecticut is moving at a rapid pace. They had already opened up the licensing procedure for the mobile operators before it became official. The state passed the bill through the CT House, but it’s still waiting for approval from the Governor and the Senate.
Picking Top Online Sports Betting Apps
Finding the best legal sports betting apps can be a little tricky because there are so many options available on the internet. But there are several things, which you must look into when opting for a sports wagering application. Look below!
- Diverse selection: You will find most sportsbook apps have NFL and NBA options where you can place your wagers. But you must go for a sports betting app that provides all types of sports, such as La Liga soccer, golf, rugby, tennis, cricket, baseball, and hockey.
- Banking options: Choose a sportsbook application, which comes with a wide range of banking methods. If the credit/debit cards don’t work, you can always opt for online bank transfer or PayPal options withdrawing and depositing funds.
- Security: Trusted and licensed sportsbook apps will provide high-quality protection to secure all the players’ private information. When choosing a sportsbook app, make sure to check the type of security features they have in-store.
Mobile Betting Apps Versus Online Sportsbook Sites
The sports wagering apps counterparts are the online sportsbooks websites. So, all the bettors out there are wondering what type of differences they have. The website’s differences will be superficial if the players are utilizing all the core functions of the applications.
On the other hand, online sport betting websites provide a less immersive experience when compared to retail sportsbooks. That should not be surprising. If you take away the bar, televisions, and lounge from the retail facility, sports betting will look a lot more strategic than social.
Best Sports Betting Apps with Free Bets
|Betting Apps||Free Bet Bonus||Promo Code||Playthrough Requirements|
|William Hill||Upon registration, $10 free bet will be deposited in players’ accounts.||WHGAMBLER500.||It is site credit so you cannot withdraw the bonus but you can withdraw winnings gained from the same|
|FanDuel||On the first deposit, the players are eligible to avail free bet up to $500.||There is no requirement of promo code.||The bonus is non-withdrawal.|
|PointsBet||When players make their first deposit, they are eligible to receive free bet of up $1000.||1000POINTS||Players acquire up to $500 refund if they make first bet through fixed odds and do not generate a winning ticket. They also get $500 back when they lose on their first point betting lines.|
Best Sportsbook Apps and the Free Bets Offer
Bet 365 App
If you register an account on Bet365 using the promo code NJ GAMBLER, you will be eligible to receive a matched bonus of up to $100. This amount is provided the best credits, and you have to make a minimum deposit of $10. The bet credits will be added to your account within 72 hours of qualifying for the deposit. Bet365 sportsbook and casino mobile app is available for both Android and iOS users.
William Hill App
The risk free bet by William Hill is offered for new players in New Jersey and Colorado. When you sign up on the platform using the promo code GAMBLER 500, you are eligible to receive a free bet up to $500. This free bet is offered in the form of a 100% deposit match with the maximum bonus limit of $500. Players who are above 21 and live in NJ or Colorado can access this promotion through the William Hill mobile app.
BETRIVERSGAMBLER is the promo code that new players have to use to access free bet. When you log in to the platform through a mobile app, you are eligible to get a deposit bonus of up to $250. The minimum deposit requirement for this bonus is $10. This bonus is available for players in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Colorado. Depending on the state you live in, there are certain wagering requirements that you should consider.
FanDuel offers its mobile app without any charges for both Android and iOS users. And when you first register on the platform via mobile app, you become eligible for a risk free bonus of up to $500. The platform offers a 100% deposit match of up to $500 on your first deposit. The wagering requirements associated with casinos and sportsbooks are different. So you should look into the terms and conditions before making your deposit.
Pointsbet offers an exciting welcome bonus to attract new players. When players make the first deposit through the mobile app, the platform offers a 100% deposit match of up to $250. The bonus amount will be credited within 60 minutes after you qualify for the same. And, you can claim the bonus within 14 days from the date of it being issued. Players of New Jersey, Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa can access this promotion using A GAMBLER.
This platform offers a signup bonus with no deposit required. When you register via 888Sports mobile app, you receive a free bet worth $10. There is also a deposit bonus where players can get a free bet worth $500. The site matches your first deposit of up to $500. Players who are above 21 can download the 888Sports betting app with risk free bets for both iOS and Android devices.
When you use the promo code AMERICAN GAMBLER to register on the BetMGM mobile app, you are eligible for free bets. The platform provides a 100% deposit match of up to $500. The minimum deposit to avail of this bonus is $25. You have to wager the bonus amount six times before you can withdraw the money. Although the players can wager the fund on any type of market, the market odds should go beyond -150.
New players who are above 21 are eligible to free bets through the mobile app. You can download the SugarHouse mobile app and use the SUGARGAMBLER promo code to access the bonus. The platform matches your first deposit amount up to $250. The minimum deposit requirement for this bonus is $25. And, players need to adhere to the wagering requirement of 1x before they can withdraw the money.
Golden Nugget App
Golden Nugget allows new players to access bonuses through its best mobile free bets. The platform offers a risk free bet up to $100. This bonus is only limited to your first wager. If you lose your first bet, the platform will refund the money up to $100.
DraftKings is a leading betting app with a free bet bonus for its mobile bettors in New Jersey and Indiana. The platform offers a 20% deposit match of up to $500. To avail of this bonus, you merely have to make an initial deposit of $5. DraftKings mobile can be downloaded by both iOS and Android users.
What Are Free Bet Apps Bonuses?
Today, a lot of bookmakers provide free bets and bonuses to attract new customers to register. It is an excellent opportunity to place a wager without risk and get paid out winnings on the bet in case it wins. The difference between a regular bet and a free bet is that players do not contribute the stake themselves; therefore, the stake would not be refunded to the players along with their winnings if the bet wins. Thousands of dollars of free bets are accessible on credible bookmakers online. Generally, these bets are offered when you first sign up with a betting platform.
How Do Free Bets Apps Work?
Primarily a free bet is an amount of money, which a sportsbook will credit to players’ accounts, enabling them to bet on specific betting markets or particular bet types. The primary difference is that if you lose the bet, you will not lose anything. Another difference is that if you win, contrary to a regular bet where the betting amount is returned along with profit, you only get the profit.
Why Do Legal Online Betting Sites Provide Free Bets?
Bookmakers leverage free bets to motivate people to register for their services and make a deposit in their account. In return for offering something free upfront, the sportsbook also hopes that the players will continue to bet on their platform in the future. While most of the time, these free bets can be used to your advantage; at times, there is a catch. But bookmakers may need that you use the free bet funds to place extra bets before they offer winnings.
What Are The Types of Free App Bets?
Following are the types of free bets offered by the bookmakers:
- Stake Not Returned: SNR is among the most common forms of free bet and also known as bet credit or bet token. In this, you only receive the winnings of your bet instead of the stake. Bookmakers offer this type of free bet as a form of no-deposit bonus.
- Bet Refunds: Bet refunds are among the emerging types of free bets. You must have seen a sportsbook offering’ money back if the player scores first. Considering that the bookmakers restrict this type of bet to a certain segment, you have to be careful of the terms and conditions. Typically, these are provided in the SNR format, but many bookmakers refund in the form of cash.
- Qualify Free Bet: This form of bet occurs when you place a bet to acquire a free bet. This is another popular form offered by the bookmakers. Generally, they are provided in SNR format, but you should go through the fine print related to each offer.
- Matched Free Bet: You acquire a free bet when you register with a new bookmaker. This is offered like $30 to get a $30 free bet. While these are generally offered to existing players, the qualifying stakes are comparatively a lot higher for them.
- Deposit Bonus: Many bookmakers provide you with a free bet for signing up on their websites. But some offer you greater deposit bonuses. These are more substantial than no-deposit free bets and come with more Terms and Conditions. The deposit bonus is generally allowed to be used on any market of your choice.
- Refund Bonus: This form of bonus may seem familiar to bet refunds, but they are not the same for bookmakers. They have only recently emerged into the commercial market. In this type of bet, you generally get some percentage of your bet loss back.
- Risk-Free Bet: Every bookmaker comes with a unique form of risk free bets, so you have to be careful of the terms and conditions. These types of free bets feature a small amount and are not seen often.
- Events Bonuses: These types of bonuses are essentially offered to existing players. It centers on some current events, which bookmakers use to generate promotions. This allows existing players to win big without having to go through the qualifying hoops of signup offers.
- Stake Returned As Free Bet: It has been gaining a lot of popularity. This is an effective offer for bookmakers as players rely on a particular sporting event. And players have the option of getting their money back.
App Store Reviews – US Sports Betting Apps
|App||iOS||Android||App Store Reviews|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Yes||Yes||4.8 (194k ratings)|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Yes||Yes||4.7 (113k ratings)|
|William Hill Sportsbook/Caesars||Yes||Yes||4.5 (3.6k ratings)|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||Yes||Yes||4.8 (21k ratings)|
|PointsBet Sportsbook||Yes||Yes||4.5 (2.4k ratings)|
|WynnBET Sportsbook||Yes||Yes||3.9 (140 ratings)|
|FOX Bet||Yes||Yes||4.2 (1.3k ratings)|
|BetRivers Sportsbook||Yes||Yes||1.6 (223 ratings)|
|Unibet Sportsbook||Yes||Yes||3 (140 ratings)|
|Golden Nugget||Yes||Yes||3.7 (328 ratings)|
What Are Low Deposit App Sportsbooks?
Low deposit sportsbook refers to bookmakers who allow players to be a part of their site with a low deposit. Every player has to make a certain deposit in order to participate in betting activities. The platform that offers a low minimum deposit is reckoned as a low deposit sportsbook. There are many leading online sports betting platforms that have lower minimum deposit requirements to attract more players to their sites.
$10 Deposit Sportsbooks
You need to make a minimum deposit at sportsbooks to place a bet. Although there are different options that facilitate a free bet, you will find limited options, and they are only accessible once. But after a point, you will have to make a deposit to continue to play real money wager.
The best betting sites require you to make a minimum deposit, which can be $20, $30, or even $50. But there are certain bookmakers that offer low betting stakes that can go as low as $10. They are often known as 10 dollars minimum deposit sportsbooks.
Deposit $1 to get free bets
Some websites allow you to access free bets with a minimum deposit of merely $1. In this, free bets are generally offered in the form of a certain number of free spins. There are certain online wagering requirements that you should consider with these types of deposit bonuses.
Deposit $5 to get free bets
Some websites facilitate a minimum deposit of $5 and offer free bets. The kind of free bets offered depends on the bookmakers. Similar to other deposit bonuses, there are certain wagering requirements associated with this form of bonus as well.
Download iOS Sports Betting Apps
Traditionally, Apple showed a lax attitude towards online sportsbook applications. For such reasons, you can easily locate all these betting apps on the Apple App Store. Once you download the betting app you need, you have to provide all your credentials and use it. Downloading such apps directly from the App Store will give you the chance to check or view the user ratings and reviews provided by others.
Download Android Sports Betting Apps
In the United States, Android users have to undergo some obstacles before they can use the sportsbook applications easily. Because of Google’s strict policies, the wagering applications are not visible on the Google Play Store. For such reasons, individuals have to download the application from the sportsbook’s website.
In simple words, you have to download the app outside the official store. You need to visit the website and find the link for downloading the app. After that, the operator will guide you to the download page. After the download is complete, you can easily open the file.
How To Download And Utilize A Mobile Sportsbook?
The process is pretty simple when downloading a sportsbook on your smartphone, as it contains few steps. They are:
- Visit the official website of the sportsbooks or the App Store.
- Click on the download button to install the sportsbook on your phone.
- After downloading it, you must create an account and provide your personal information, email address, and social security number.
- After making an account, you can start betting on your favorite sports.
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting On Mobile Devices
If you wish to learn about the pros and cons of placing bets on sports through smartphones, please check the information below.
- It provides portability and convenience.
- Offers flexibility when it comes to scheduling wagering activities.
- Provides additional perks, such as promotional offers.
- Delivers excellent user experience.
- Functionality might be restricted on the sites.
- The small screen of the smartphone can be pretty restricting.
- The 3rd party APIs are limited.
- If you are outside of your residence, you might face an unsecured network.
States With Retail Sportsbook
Several states have retail sportsbooks legally allowed. These states are:
- Rhode Island
- Washington State
- New Hampshire
- South Dakota
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
- New York
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- Washington DC
What are the Betting Wagering Requirements?
A wager is money or bet that is put on casino games or sports activities. When you acquire an online casino bonus, it often comes with certain wagering requirements related to it. A wagering requirement is the number of times bettors must place the bonus before they are allowed to withdraw. Sportsbook bonuses come with a series of betting conditions that players must adhere to in order to leverage the benefits. Wagering requirements are among the most common betting conditions by betting sites.
Free bets are important as they offer a glimpse of what the betting apps offer without risking too much money. Above, we have reviewed some of the best betting apps in the USA that offer free bet bonuses. You can go through each one of them to make an informed decision with regards to where you want to invest your money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online betting is legal in some states in the United States. New Jersey, Indiana, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois, Colorado, etc. are some of the states that legally offer sports betting.
To access betting online in the US, a player must be 21 or above. All legal websites require players to verify their age and location before allowing them to enter into the site.
There are many leading websites that offer great bonuses. Bet365, DraftKings, FanDuel, BetAmerica, Points bet, etc., all have amazing promotion programs.
They allow players to place a wager without bearing the risk of losing money.
Yes, you can access the legal sportsbook mobile app and enjoy free bets bonuses. You can access the best betting apps for free bets.
Football, soccer, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc.
Partially. You can place bets in a state where sports betting is legal.
Your phone contains information about location, which the sportsbook utilizes to track you down whether you are within the state or outside of it.
Yes, you can access the sportsbook. But if the state’s laws don’t allow online betting, you cannot access it.
Yes, you need to. But usually it depends on the type of application and your operation system.
You surely can do so.