Review of the Best Pennsylvania Online Casino Sites
Looking for Pennsylvania online casino reviews? You are in the right place. We are the most trusted platform you’ll find on the internet. We only list the legit casino sites because we want our audience to have the best PA online casino experience possible. The online gaming culture in Pennsylvania is not very old. Gambling as a whole was legalized back in 2004 when Act 71 was placed.
Best PA Online Gambling Sites
It made the path clear for players living in Pennsylvania. Since then, the industry has come a long way. The legacy of online gambling sites started in 2017 when the government passed the H 271 bill. It legalized online gambling facilities to operate within the state. The bill was first approved in October 2017. It allows poker sites to operate legally and serve the players. The first lineup of online casinos in Pennsylvania went live back in 2019.
The numbers are going higher and higher. As of March 2020, the gross revenue generated by online games in Pennsylvania were approximately 24.3 million. Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has been monitoring the industry since the beginning of the journey and it has resulted in a safe and sound gambling experience for the players. it initially started with online slots. Black and poker were added to the mix in 2010.
If you’re just starting out, it’s important that you understand the Pennsylvania online casino reviews properly. The names in our list are licensed and regulated to meet the industry standards. The ones offering the best wagering conditions are selected so that you don’t have to worry about anything when you start playing. Trust us in providing the best PA online casinos for you.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Laws
When reading Pennsylvania online casino reviews, it’s important that you understand the importance of licenses. Licenses are what regulates the activities for fraud. The best online casino sites will always have proper licenses. Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board is the legal authority in Pennsylvania to track gambling activities. It’s true for both land-based and online ones. Also, there are multiple authorities worldwide that are in charge of monitoring and regulating the activities. UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, Nevada Gaming Control Board, Isle of Man Gaming Supervision Commission, etc. are the most renowned authorities that regulate online casinos over the world.
As a player, you should always be aware of what your state says about online gambling. It will help you, in the long run, to stay out of trouble and keep your money safe. In Pennsylvania, if a game has consideration, the element of chance, and a reward afterward, it’s considered gambling. There are several kinds of licenses that an operator must acquire in order to operate in Pennsylvania. Land-based gaming, interactive gaming, sports wagering, pari-mutuel wagering, video gaming terminal, and route operation are the areas where it applies. All of these licenses are provided by the PGCB. In terms of taxes, it’s required for the operator to pay 16% of the winnings as tax to the government. It’s a whopping 54% for online slot games. The tax rates are inclusive of the 2% that goes to local government, in this case, the Government of Pennsylvania.
How to Choose the Best Casino in PA
Playing at a PA online casino is a great source of fun for enthusiasts. But how do you choose the right online one for you? Well, you’re here and we won’t let you go empty-handed. Let’s look at the most common aspects of them.
The best online casino sites will always provide their players with a maximum sense of security. And banking methods are by far the easiest way to gain a player’s trust. We list trusted casino sites with the best banking methods.
While Banking methods are a surefire way to gain trust, it’s not enough. The best PA online casinos have state of the art website security and policies in place to keep your data safe. Security is one of the basic features that the best sites offer.
Promotions and Bonuses
Having good bonus structures and promotions is mandatory to build an engaging customer base. We take bonuses very seriously and that’s why we only list the best online casino sites for you.
Reputation and Legalization
Reputation is very important in the industry. It portrays the image of the players. A legal casino is a trustworthy one and we know it.
Loyalty programs like VIP status work like a charm every time. It’s a tactic to attract more players in wagering more money to get added benefits.
Customer support is the bridge between the player and the best PA online casino.
Choice of Games
The array of games an online gambling site provides is a clear indication of good the casino is.
The best PA online casinos offer apps for iOS and Android platforms.
Software providers play a massive role in choosing one. The legal online casinos often have a greater selection of software providers.
Best PA Casino Bonuses
Bonuses play a huge role when we list the best online casino sites. A welcome bonus is a very common term that you might have heard numerous times. We’ll cover all kinds of bonuses found in PA online casinos.
Welcome bonuses are the most common type of bonus. It’s the rewards offering by the casino when you sign up. It often comes with a wagering requirement as well.
No Deposit Bonus
Only the best PA online casinos offer a no deposit bonus. No deposit bonuses are amazing because you don’t have to spend a single dime to get this bonus.
Promotions and Bonuses
Having good bonus structures and promotions are mandatory to build an engaging customer base. We take bonuses very seriously and that’s why we only list best online casino sites for you.
While the welcome bonus is only targeted to the new players, a reloaded bonus is a great way to satisfy existing players. Reloaded bonuses are offered to increase customer loyalty in the long run.
Payment Method Bonuses
It might seem unlikely, but our Pennsylvania online casino reviews include the ones that offer bonuses even on payment methods. All you have to do is select the payment method the bonus is applicable on and claim it afterward.
High Roller and VIP Bonuses
Who doesn’t like an unexpected bonus? If you’re capable enough to play in the high numbers game, you can claim the high roller bonus. The VIP bonus works in the same way too!
How would you feel if the best online casino sites offered a bonus if you referred it to a friend? That’s exactly what this bonus is. It’s an effective way to hook new customers through existing customers. You can get a hefty bonus for your efforts as well.
Latest Pennsylvania News
Play at the Best PA Online Casinos
If you’re following our website, it means you have gained adequate knowledge regarding Pennsylvania online casino reviews.
DraftKings Casino PA
DraftKings is a reputed online casino in Pennsylvania. It offers $35 as a no deposit bonus to the new players which are awesome. You can get an additional $500 on your deposit as well! Also, the up to $200 risk-free bet is a great feature for new players. With only a $5 minimum deposit, you are welcome to get lost in the wonderful world of DraftKings Casino. NetEnt, IGT, Spin Games and many other software providers are responsible for the games. It’s a place where security meets the fun.
FanDuel Casino PA
FanDuel is another best online gambling site in Pennsylvania. It offers a whopping $500 no-risk bet which means you can get a refund on your first bet if you lose. It has an app for iOS and Android. FanDuel has both online slots and lives dealer games available for the players in Pennsylvania. You can access all the features of this one from your mobile device as well because it has both Android and iOS support.
Unibet Online Casino PA
Since this European giant entered the United States gambling industry, it has set some pretty good standards. The $500 welcome bonus as a 100% match is the most distinguishable feature of this casino.
Also, you get a $10 no deposit bonus! This internationally acclaimed brand has all the necessary features in place for you. You can play top of the line games, both slots, and table games. With a wide array of payment methods, it’s one of the most secure names in Pennsylvania.
PokerStars Casino PA
PokerStars has been an industry leader in Pennsylvania. You can claim a bonus of $30 after depositing a mere $20. You are required to enter the bonus code FREE30 to claim it. Also, you can get a tremendous $1500 bonus as a 100% return welcome bonus. The welcome bonus is distributed over your first three deposits. It features renowned names like Microgaming, NetEnt, Yggdrasil, and so on. The platform is accessible via both the web and mobile apps. Choose the method that you find convenient.
Fox Bet Casino PA
The Fox Bet name is very well known in Pennsylvania for its sportsbook features. But it has an online version as well where you can get up to $1500 in welcome bonus as a 100% return on your first deposit. The mystery chest on the slot games is a nice touch as well. Other than the whopping welcome bonus, Fox Bet has numerous other promotions available for you as well. Popular software providers include NetEnt, NextGen, and NYX Gaming. Also, the amazing live dealers await you.
Hollywood Online Casino PA
Hollywood Casino is one of the pioneers in the Pennsylvania gambling industry. It has games from providers like NetEnt and IGT. You can play the games from the 25 free spins you get as a no deposit bonus. The 100% match bonus up to $500 is worth mentioning as well. It’s owned by Penn National and the operations run under the IGT PlayCommand digital gaming platform. Other than IGT, NetEnt is also present with over 200 games from its library.
SugarHouse PA Online Casino
The 1x wagering requirement sets SugarHouse apart from the competition. You can get up to $250 as a welcome bonus as a match to your deposit. Just use the code PLAY250 and enjoy the games. The loyalty programs at this site are just amazing. You can go a long way if you have the patience. The games include slots, table games, roulette, blackjack and so on.
Parx is one of the leading brands in terms of the best PA online casinos. It offers an amazing $500 welcome bonus to the players. Parx also has dedicated sportsbook services that you can enjoy. It’s a partner with UK based software developer GAN to run the operations. Parx is also very well known for its live dealer games. It has dealt with the best live dealer gaming operators.
Registration Process on PA Online Gambling Site
The online gaming industry is growing in Pennsylvania. And it’s growing fast. If you are going to enjoy your time at the casino, you must know the registration process beforehand. The first thing to understand is that you must be at least 21 years old to be eligible to play at PA online casinos.
Now that gambling sites have been legalized in Pennsylvania, players can easily register and play their favorite games in PA online casinos. Registration requires you to be at least 21 years old.
The process starts with you selecting one that you look forward to playing in. Make sure to do a little research before you make your initial deposit. Does it offer a no deposit bonus? What’s the welcome bonus like? Is it properly licensed and regulated? There are a number of platforms listed below that meets all the criteria mentioned above. Check them out and read our Pennsylvania online casino reviews! Once you get the answer to these questions, you can proceed forward and make an account. Trusted casino sites will have a clearly labeled sign up or log in button. You must sign in with your details in order to access all the features and options.
Verification & Data Safety on Legal Online Casinos in PA
Once you open an account, the best online casino sites will verify your identity. You have to submit a few documents like bank statements, an age verification document (passport/driver’s license), and a credit card number. Once your identity is verified, you can proceed to make your first deposit.
When you sign up at an online casino, it asks for some information to create a unique profile for you. The range of information varies from one to another. You need to understand what are the mandatory information and what information might result in a security breach for you. We’re here with the guide.
Personal Data Safety in Pennsylvania Casinos
If an online operator wants to run a business in the long term, it must offer top of the line security for all your information. Critical information like your passport number, driver’s license number, or credit card numbers must be protected at all costs. So, make sure that you choose trusted casino sites that have been legalized by the regulatory authorities. Those that are compliant with the law are already secure enough.
Payment Methods at PA Real Money Casinos
The payment methods are often the weakest point in a casino. As there are a lot of third-party businesses involved, it’s hard for it to keep a check on everything. It comes down to you to keep your money safe. Only use the reputed payment methods to make deposits at PA online casinos.
Pennsylvania Online Casino Games
What is the most important and fundamental aspect of the PA online casinos? A welcome bonus? Promotions? Payment methods? No, not really. All of these are meaningless if there are no games. Games are what define a casino. The better the game library is, the better it is in most cases. The dynamic of the games in PA online casinos is quite versatile.
Online slots are by far the most common type of game across the world. It’s true for Pennsylvania as well. There are thousands of online slots that you can find the best online casino sites. Software providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, etc. are responsible for providing the best quality games and we list them in Pennsylvania online casino reviews.
Table games are mostly cards that are widely played. In our Pennsylvania online casino reviews, we’ve listed the best online sites for you to play the table games. Blackjack, Baccarat, roulette, etc. are the most common table games in PA online casinos.
Live Dealer Casinos in Pennsylvania
Liver dealer games are a major attraction when it comes to the best online casino sites. Live dealer ones mostly have table games, but with a real dealer present. Instead of playing with the algorithms, you’ll be playing against real people.
Legal casinos in PA offer video pokers and other novelty games as well. Video pokers are a great way to take the fun one step higher. New games are added all the time on these sites to keep the interest high for the players.
PA Online Casino Apps
The top online sites come with casino apps where gamblers can choose from a robust selection of slots, video poker games, table games, and so on. These apps can be downloaded on both iOS and Android devices. The best thing is that players can enjoy the same bonuses and promotional offers while playing on their mobile as well. Convenience is the most obvious benefit here, and players can place bets and start playing games from anywhere.
The technology leveraged by these apps indicates that you do not have to sacrifice graphics, speed, and functionality to using mobile versions. Before using the app, you have to get the geolocation validator downloaded to verify wagering within the state lines. It can be availed from Google Play Store and App Store. However, if you do not want to download the app, you can go for the no-download option for Mac and Windows.
PA Online Lottery Games
The online lottery in PA gives users many opportunities to play the lottery game and verify the winning numbers. Here, you will get an ever-growing variety of options to explore. From fast play variation and draw games to keno, you can explore different options and win great prizes.
- Draw Games: First, you have draw games where jackpots can go up to millions of dollars. Additionally, the cost of tickets is insignificant compared to the potential earnings you get. The best options available are Treasure Hunt, Powerball, Pick 5, Pick 3, Millionaire Raffle, etc.
- Instant Lottery Game: You have to buy tickets and scratch for this game to find out if you have won any gifts. They are highly popular and have generous prizes and potential winnings. The choices to explore are Great 8s, $50 or $100, Gold, $3,000,000 Money Millionaire, Flamingo Bingo, etc.
- Fast Play Games: Fast Play Games offer instant play mode that is vey convenient for users who want to save time. You don’t have to create an account or fill in your personal information to play these games. The best options available are The Money Game, Heads of Tails, Skee Ball, Shooting Star, etc.
- Keno: It is another way to explore the online lottery section. Keno is similar to classic lottery drawings but with a major difference. The game has more frequent draws compared to the regular lotto. It has numbers starting from 1 to 80, and out of that list, only 20 numbers can be drawn.
PA Online Poker Update
The different formats of online poker games that one can explore are:
- Poker Tournaments: It is a knockout format where all players will start the game with a stack of chips. This stack will be used in exchange for their buy-ins, and the size of the wager increases steadily. The game goes on till one player has all chips. Most importantly, different variations are available in poker, including game type, speed, and the ability to re-enter or rebuy.
- Cash Games: The chips have a real monetary value and can be topped up to the maximum value on the table at any time. The buy-ins start from $2 and can go up to $1,000. Tables can have six, two, or nine players, and the stakes range from $0.02 or $0.04 to $1000 to $2000.
- Fast-Fold Poker: Instead of sitting at a single table, gamblers play in pools in Fast-Fold Poker. It can be played both in tournaments and as cash games. Some players can also finish hands before taking a new hand after you fold.
- Sit & Go Tournaments: It is a single table game but kicks off when the table is full. Its variations include PokerStars’ Spin & Go and are three-handed games. You can get a random prize of up to $10000x of your buy-ins.
Progressive Jackpot Slots
Progressive jackpots are games where more cash goes into slots with the highest rewards of above $1 million. The slots are available at the top online gambling sites with standard formats, like minor, mini, grand, and major prizes. Some can win through lineup symbols, while others win by playing wheel bonus games. The games available are:
- Divine Fortune: It is a slot game designed by NetEnt, and it is based on Greek mythology. It has 20 pay lines and three rows with five reels. Bigger spins can give you higher odds, and the Falling Wild Pegasus symbol is a significant one for this game. It also has Wild on Wild, and you can win multiple spins by triggering the bonus feature.
- Blood Suckers: This game is developed by NetEnt and packs a punch. It has the highest payout rate of 98% and comes with ten free spins. Many players have walked away with 50x of the bet, and you can easily get 20x to 30x. It came into existence in 2009, and you can get potential winnings. It is a low volatile game with a 3x multiplier and ten free spins.
- Jack Hammer: It is another progressive slot having three-rows and five-reels with 25 pay lines. The bonus features available are free spins, wilds, sticky wins. Every symbol will give you 15 spinning reels in this game, and you have a chance to win big. Any win can allow you to land at the sticky win feature.
Charitable Gaming And Bingo Halls
Top charities include bingo games and small games of chance. It consists of daily drawings, punchboards, pull-tabs, and raffles. These games are played to fulfill the purpose of raising funds by different nonprofit associations. Bingo is a game where every player has a board or card containing five rows. However, the central one has five figures, and the central row contains four figures with free marks.
Games Of Skill
In this category, you have table games like poker or blackjack. They are based on skill, and you cannot place wagers relying only on the luck. If you do so, you will lose a huge amount of money. Before you start to play, you have to learn about the terms and conditions of the game, different wagers, which bet to place, etc. In addition, you must try out the free versions first before going ahead with the real money.
Betting On Horse Races In PA
Various options are available to wager and witness live events, and it includes horse racing. The state has six horse racing facilities, three for thoroughbreds and others for harness racing. Besides that, the commonwealth gives online horse wagering. PABets (TVG) also allows you to bet and watch on the ponies from the comfort of your home.
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board oversees all wagering facets for horse racing. It includes OTBs, online wagering, and phone betting. Even though newbies can find betting a bit daunting when it comes to the process, slowly, it will be easy for them. The simple instructions to follow are:
- Determining the race
- Designating the tracks
- Deciding on the type of wager
- Selecting the horses
Licensed PA Casinos Vs. Offshore Casinos
Offshore casinos are sites that operate outside the US borders. They do not hold the licenses to operate in the state and are unregulated. One of the downsides of offshore casinos can be the fact that they don’t offer monetary security. Some other issues can be with the functioning of the software platforms, payment processing, etc. Another drawback is that the rewards you win may not be available instantly and take time to get remitted. Additionally, some of the sites may not even give you the rewards and dupe you.
But when you play at the licensed and legal PA casinos, you won’t come across all these problems. The gambling websites are licensed by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, and there won’t be any security problems. If any issues pop up, professionals will always be there to assist you. Legal sites also protect minors from gambling activities, and they are associated with global technology partners. In addition, you will get your winnings on time after you attain the wagering requirements.
Geolocation And PA Casinos
In the online gambling sector, geolocation is an imperative aspect, and it varies from one state to another. To determine if an individual player is eligible for playing or not, you have to check the online gambling laws. The legalized activities come with a bunch of rules which every player has to attain. The good news is that players can gamble on any casino if they have met the age and other requirements. They are:
- You have to be within the state lines physically, and wagering must occur through a licensed gambling site.
- You have to be at least 21 years to start wagering.
In 2018, PA became the fourth state to regulate and license the gambling industry. However, before you start wagering at the top sites, your location needs to be verified by a particular process known as geolocation. You cannot gamble on the site if the system does not verify your location.
PA Casinos Eligible To Offer Online Gambling In Pennsylvania
The PA casinos are eligible to offer online gambling opportunities for players. These casinos have online casino table games, online poker, and slots as a comprehensive gambling expansion package. They have also received approval from the Keystone State in October 2017.
The PGCB offers regulatory oversight and also charges a licensing fee of $10 million for all three types of interactive gaming licenses for the local online gambling industry. The cost is $4 million for table games, slots, and poker games, respectively. No limits are there on the online gambling operations under every license. But the regulations must specify about the licensee, and players can create a single account under one licensee.
Live Pennsylvania Casinos
Gambling enthusiasts are already speaking of the next big thing, and it is live Pennsylvania casinos. Live dealer games are the biggest thing, and it is nothing short of a revolution. It deals in real-time, and the games are run in land-based casinos as well. You can play from your smartphone or desktop and see everything through the screen. Players can interact with dealers, place wagers, and also speak to their competitors. Some gaming options you get here are Blackjack, Roulette, Casino Hold’em, Three-card Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, and so on.
Mini-Casinos: The Next Phase Of Pennsylvania Casino Development
The Keystone State was expected to launch ten new mini-casinos. The law on mini-casinos was passed in October 2017, but the bidding process did not start till January 2018. They are also known as Satellite casinos featuring 300 to 750 slots. These casinos can have up to 40 table games. Due to the pandemic, the market has been affected, and only five potential websites were auctioned. It was supposed to be the end because of the shortage of funds. However, another auction took place in September 2020.
Pennsylvania Problem-Gambling Support
If you face any issue while playing, you can speak with professionals by calling the PA Gambling Addiction number, which is a 24-hour hotline at 1-800-GAMBLER. Additionally, you can search for Gambling Addiction Participating Provider online and chat or text with CCGP’s. It is a 24-hour chat line, so you do not have to wait for the next day to call. You can also request for Brochure on Self-Exclusion, Self-Exclusion Request and Instructions, as well as other details. Additionally, you can visit the PA Gambling Control Board if you want to learn more about any particular section.
Overview Of Pennsylvania’s Casino Industry
PA has always been a great state for players interested in sports betting. But with time, the popularity of the casino sector has also increased. Now more and more sites have been launched in the country through which players can place wagers. During the first year of online gambling legalization, a total of $565.8 million was earned. It was quite higher compared to other states, which shows that citizens are interested in gambling.
Information is a key to the greatest gambling experience ever. With our reviews you will get everything you need to bet on sports online safely and play casino games without any troubles in the following states:
- Can I Gamble Online in PA?
- Since the legalization of PA online casinos, you can gamble online all you want. There are trusted names listed right below to assist you in choosing one. The law requires you to be at least 21 years old and have a valid identification document to be eligible.
- Can I Play on PA Online Casino Site if I do not Live in Pennsylvania?
- As long as it accepts your country or state, you can play at PA online casinos without a hassle. The recent laws have relaxed the gambling hurdles a lot by legalizing them in Pennsylvania.
- How Do Slot Free Spins Work?
- Free spins give you an opportunity to win money without making any deposits. If you have free spins available, you can spin the reel without spending any money. The winnings are usually capped at a certain amount. But something is always better than nothing!
- Are There Taxes on Winnings in PA?
- Winnings from online casinos are considered taxable income in Pennsylvania. The tax varies from game to game but there is a tax that you have to pay for your winnings.
- Can I Play Poker Online?
- Legal online casinos in PA offers top of the line poker games in both live dealers and video poker formats. All you have to do is make a deposit and choose the game you want to play.
- How do casinos and sportsbooks know I am located in Pennsylvania?
- When you play via apps, you have to get the geolocation validator downloaded first. It verifies your location that you are in PA, following which you can play.
- What is the legal age to gamble in Pennsylvania?
- Gamers have to be at least 21 years old to start gambling. Remember that without fulfilling the age requirements, you cannot play. You will have to provide age proof, and after that, your account gets verified, following which you are allowed to play.
- Who is eligible to gamble online?
- Gamblers who have reached the age of 21 years can start betting.
- Do PA gambling sites offer bonuses?
- PA gambling sites have offers like welcome bonuses, loyalty points, VIP programs, birthday rewards, etc.
- How do PA gambling sites enforce responsible gambling?
- The gambling sites must submit a “comprehensive and problem gambling plan” along with their applications. It is a condition to operate in the state after seeking a gambling license.
- Can I deposit with a credit card or PayPal?
- Yes, you can do so, provided the gambling sites allow transactions through credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal and other e-wallets.
- Can I have multiple accounts?
- No, players can create only a single account and play without any stress from anywhere.
- What percentage of revenue goes towards taxes?
- The gambling sites hold 25% of winnings from people who provide a Social Security Number. If you do not provide the number, it can go up to 28%. Presently, the personal income tax in the state is a flat tax rate of 3.07%. It is applicable to every taxable income, which includes lottery winnings and gambling.
- Do I have to pay tax on gambling winnings in Pennsylvania? If so, how much?
- Yes, everyone has to pay taxes on their winnings, and it is 25% if you have already submitted your Social Security Number.
- Is off-track betting legal in PA?
- Yes, it is legal in Pennsylvania.
- How big are the PA sports betting and casino market?
- The sports betting industry was initiated in November 2018, and since then, it has grown steadily. Every month, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) releases a new site that adds to the online sports betting market. Similar to that, the casino market is also huge, and you will get various sites to play here as well.
- Who regulates PA online gambling?
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board regulates PA online gambling.
- What are the tax rates for PA online gambling?
- The tax rate is 3.07%, and it is lower compared to all other states.
- How many PA online gambling sites are there?
- Presently, 12 licensed sites are there, but the number keeps on changing as there is a new site being launched every month.