Best Australian Open Betting Sites
Best Sportbooks to Betting on Australian Open Tennis
Scoreboard Sportsbook Online Review
100% Free Bet Up to $50
Resorts Online Sportsbook Review
What is the Australian Open and What are the Major Rules?
Australian Open is one of the four Grand Slam events. It is an annual tournament that happens at the beginning of every year. The tournament comprises men’s and women’s singles, mixed doubles, junior championship, legends, and exhibition events. The matches were played on hard courts before 1988. They were played on grass courts.
Here is the present points table for the men ATP and women WTA:
There have been some changes made to the Australian Open that you need to understand as a bettor. Here are those changes:
- Shot Clock: There has been an increase in the time between serves. Earlier it was 20 seconds. Now it has been changed to 25 seconds at Grand Slam events. It will be monitored with a shot clock.
- Professional Standard Adherence: There are professional standards that every professional player has to follow. If a player withdraws from the tournament or performs below the standard during the first-round singles match can be fined.
- Lucky Losers: Any singles player who becomes unfit to play or withdraws from the tournament is entitled to receive 50% prize money. The remaining lucky loser will get 50% of the remaining prize money.
- Seedings: Back in 2017, Grand Slam Board showed an intention to reduce the limit of seeds from 16 to 32. Later, this rule was considered unnecessary, and Grand Slams continued with 32 seeds.
Top Sportsbooks You Can Consider to Bet on the Australian Open
|DraftKings||Welcome Bonus: $1000 Risk Free Bet|
|Fanduel||Welcome Bonus: $500 Risk Free Bonus|
|PointsBEt||Deposit Bonus: Upto $250|
|MGM Sportsbook||Sign-Up Bonus: $500 Risk Free Bet|
|Caesars||Deposit Match Bonus: $300|
|Golden Nugget||Welcome Bonus: $100 Risk Free Bet|
|SugarHouse||Sign Up Bonus: $250 Risk Free Bet|
Bonuses You Can Expect To Win At Sportsbooks
- Welcome Bonus: It is a kind of bonus you can avail yourself of when you first sign up at the platform. The welcome bonus is also called sign up bonus, which ranges from $500 to $1000 depending upon different sportsbooks.
- Deposit Bonus: It works exactly how it sounds; you need to deposit a certain amount to the sportsbook in order to avail of it. For instance, if a sportsbook has a 100% bonus, you are eligible to receive a 100% bonus against your deposit.
- Risk-Free Bet: It is the exact opposite of the deposit bonus. A risk-free bet is when you deposit nothing to get that bonus.
- VIP Rewards: It is exclusively meant for the consistent players of the sportsbook. Those who remain consistent on a wagering platform will receive this bonus.
Types of Bets You Can Use
- Moneyline: It is the most commonly used betting that you can place on Australian Open matches. In the Moneyline, you simply have to wager on the winning player. Check who’s favored to win Australian Open tennis before placing the bet.
- Over/Under: Also known as totals, this bet works by placing a wager on whether a player will score over or under the threshold created by the sportsbook. It is also an easy bet to place on the Australian Open.
- In-Play Betting: Just like it sounds, this wager can be placed while the match is going in. This lets you analyze the game and then wisely place your bet.
- Handicap: Handicaps work like spread, where you need to bet whether the player will perform according to the expectations or even better. You need to have thorough knowledge before placing this bet.
- Correct Score: You can also predict the correct score and place a bet. It only happens when you know the players’ capabilities and past performances. You need to weigh every aspect before you make a decision.
Australian Open Betting Tips
Playing Style is Important
Tennis is an individual’s game where you need to understand each player’s playing style before you can trust them. Check out the past performance and understand everything about the style of playing. You need to ascertain their serving and returning capabilities before you place a bet. Being a hard court, many factors affect a player’s performance. You need to scrutinize these aspects and then make a decision keenly.
Always Check The Odds on Australian Open Betting
Betting odds on the Australian Open are an important component of betting on tennis. You cannot ignore them; they provide you an indication of whether it is safe to bet on a player or not. It is important to learn how to read the odds. Odds are denoted with a number preceded by + or – signs. The + states the amount you might win on a $100 bet, and the – sign denotes the money you need to bet to get $100.
2022 Men’s Odds
|Felix Auger Aliassime||5000|
|Pablo Carreno Busta||15000|
|Alex De Minaur||20000|
|Botic Van De Zandschulp||25000|
|Alejandro Davidovich Fokina||30000|
|Tomas Martin Etcheverry||50000|
|Marcelo Tomas Barrios Vera||50000|
|Chun Hsin Tseng||50000|
|Albert Ramos Vinolas||50000|
|Roberto Carballes Baena||50000|
|Juan Manuel Cerundolo||50000|
2022 Women’s Odds
|Sara Sorribes Tormo||20000|
|Alison Van Uytvanck||25000|
|Irina Camelia Begu||30000|
|Beatriz Haddad Maia||50000|
|Nuria Parrizas Diaz||50000|
|Maria Camila Osorio||50000|
|Elena Gabriela Ruse||50000|
|Anna Karolina Schmiedlova||50000|
|Su Jeong Jang||50000|
Always Go For In-Play Betting
In-play betting gives you the convenience to analyze the players and then place a bet. You can use this bet throughout the match and then place your wager. It is the best way to turn a bet into a win. Once you know how this works, you will never get enough of it. Try in-play betting when you want to mount up your rewards.
Keep a Close Watch On The Injuries
Players’ injuries are common in a sport, but when you are staking your money, you must know who can play in math and perform well and who cannot. For this, you need to understand the injury reports of players. There are sportsbooks and sports news sites that offer complete injury reports of the players prior to the match. Try to avoid wagering on players who have gone through injuries recently; they might not be able to play well.
Go For Favorite Players
It is important to understand who is favored to win Australian Open tennis; this will give you a better understanding of the running champions. For instance, betting on Novak Djokovic will never go waste. Being a Grand Slam champion and holding plenty of titles, Novak will never let you down. So, always look for Australian Open tennis favorites. Apart from checking the odds, you must also incline towards the champions.
It is true that the COVID-19 situation has canceled and postponed many sports events. However, the Australian Open happens at the beginning of the year, so there was no delay in it. The 2022 season of the Australian Open will also happen as scheduled. Australian Open tennis betting is also happening in full swing. Bettors are gearing up for the next season and all set for new adventures and excitements.
Novak Djokovic was the Australian Open 2021’s winner. His victory over Dominic Thiem across five sets bagged Novak his 17th Grand Slam title. He also managed to keep up with his #1 ranking in the grand slam.
If you are interested in Australian Open tennis betting, then this guide must have provided you with all the necessary benefits. From betting tips to the best sportsbook to play with, we have covered all the nitty-gritty of wagering for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Legal Australian Open tennis betting has made it possible for bettors to place their wager on the favorite players. You need to wisely place your bet on who’s favored to win Australian Open tennis.
Professional players are not required to pay any entry fees, but they do have to take their expenses.
According to reports, the Australian Open will commence from January 9, 2022, to January 30, 2022.
You can check Australian Open odds from different sportsbooks. It is important to check the odds before you place your bet.
You need to choose wahering sites to win.