What You Need to Know About Nevada Online Sports Betting
The state of Nevada was the first to create a wholesome regulatory structure for legal sports betting in 1949. Whether you want to play at land-based casinos or you prefer online casino games, Nevada has the biggest gambling market in the United States. Though you can decide whether or not to bet at physical sportsbooks in the state, you are still required to visit one of these locations to complete your account registration if you prefer playing online with sports betting app. On this page, you’ll learn what to consider before choosing an online betting site, top sports betting sites in Nevada, mobile sports betting, and more.
What Aspects Should Be Considered While Choosing Among Best Nevada Sportsbooks?
Choosing the best NV online sports betting site for you is an important decision you need to make in order to have a good wagering experience. With a lot of companies vying for your money, you need to take certain things into consideration and choose what is best for you.
- Banking methods: Having a wide variety of worldwide deposit and withdrawal methods usually indicates that a bookmaker is quite stable, reputable, and reliable. Almost every sportsbook makes use of bank transfers, debit/credit card transactions, e-wallets such as PayPal, and more recently, cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. Be sure to look out for the availability of your preferred payment method before finally choosing any one of the NV online sports betting sites. You also need to know the minimum amounts allowed for deposits and withdrawals – usually, the lower they are, the better. Another points to consider here is deposit and withdrawal fees. You should also know how long it will take before you can withdraw your earnings when choosing a site.
- Security: Just because a website claims it is ”safe and secure” doesn’t mean it is. You still need to do your due diligence to determine if a bookie is really as secure as it claims. You need to be sure that your funds and personal information are safe. You need to first find out if it is licensed and regulated so you won’t be treated unfairly.
- Promotions and bonuses: Betting promos and bonuses come in different forms and sizes. From $5 bonuses to as much as $250 (or more), gambling companies can give their customers free money to attract them. This free cash can be used for betting or the money comes in the form of free bets of varying sizes. Bonuses usually come with strict terms and conditions but they can be easily claimable and are one of the top ways to quickly boost your account.
- Reputation and legalization: You need to find out whether the bookmaker you want to choose is legally permitted to operate in Nevada. Even though it doesn’t guarantee a flawless gambling experience, it gives you some confidence that in the event of a dispute, the company can be held accountable. Reputation is also a very key factor to consider when you want to choose real money betting sites. If the general reviews of an operator are favorable, there are high chances that they are reliable. In the same way, having a slew of negative comments indicates that the company is not credible. There are new betting companies emerging from time to time and they might not be well known – just because they are new and lacking enough reputation doesn’t mean you can’t give them a chance. Do your due diligence and make further research about them and if all seems okay at first glance, they may prove to be decent bookmakers after all.
- Loyalty programs: Similar to bonuses and promotions for new and existing customers, loyalty programs are aimed at loyal clients who bet regularly and want to be rewarded for doing so. It is in your best interest to look out for operators who reward their loyal customers with reduced juice, enhanced odds, cashback rewards, and more if you want to be placing bets regularly. Gambling companies should reward you the more you deposit and bet since you help keep their businesses active.
- Customer support: Having top-notch customer support service is a no-brainer for any serious betting company. Customers will always have issues that need clarification and/or resolution from time to time such as bonus offers, documentation, deposits and withdrawals, and more. 24/7 customer service is expected by all Nevada online sports betting companies since you might need assistance at any time of the day while making use of their site. They should also offer a variety of communication channels through which they can be reached.
- Choice of games: A betting agency should provide a wide choice of games for their customers since different players have different sports they are passionate about or are experts in. Be sure to look out for a provider that offers you the kind of sport you would like to wager on. Here are examples of sports you can place bets on in Nevada: NFL, NBA, Soccer, Auto racing, eSports, horse and virtual horse racing, golf, and more.
- Apps: Online sports betting in NV has some restrictions even though it is legalized. Currently, gambling online is limited to only mobile apps so you can’t place bets through your desktop or mobile browser. Ensure you take a look at the ratings and reviews of the apps before downloading them as some companies may provide a decent experience in a physical sportsbook but deliver a poor mobile app experience.
- Software: Miomni software is one of the most popular software for creating online sports betting apps because it is intuitive and easy to use. Many gamers have become familiar with the Miomni user interface.
Latest Gambling News From Nevada State
Best Nevada Online Sports Betting Sites
The Nevada online sports betting industry has quite a great number of agencies offering gambling opportunities to players in the state. Here are some of the best NV sportsbooks:
MGM Resorts Sports Betting Site
You can use both iOS and Android mobile devices to get instant access to the MGM resorts app although you will still have to visit an MGM resort physical location in the state to register your account. When you are creating your account, you must also deposit an initial minimum of $100 in person at these locations after which you can use the BetMGM prepaid card to bet which has to be funded using your bank account information. They offer the most popular professional and college sports in the US. They also offer a risk-free bet welcome bonus of up to $500.
William Hill Online Betting
The app is compatible with Android and iOS devices and after downloading it, you will need to scan your ID and visit a William Hill sportsbook location in NV to complete your registration before you can start wagering. William Hill offers up to a $50 deposit bonus and in summer you can earn up to $200 as cashback rewards with the app. Their payment options include online bank transfer, MasterCard, Visa, PayNearMe, 7-Eleven stores all over NV, and the William Hill Prepaid card. You can also withdraw funds from any of their eligible physical locations. They have 24/7 customer service available via live chat, mobile phone number, and email. They offer many major professional and college sports to bet on.
Downloadable across both Android and iOS mobile devices, the Caesars sportsbook online app gives you instant access to login and start playing. Just like all major Nevada-based sports betting apps, you are required to turn on your GPS location so that the geo-location software of the app can determine whether or not you are in the state of Nevada. Caesars Casino gives its first-time users a $10 free bet welcome offer and your first deposit can be matched up to $300. For banking options, you can pay through online banking, ACH Transfer, Neteller, PayPal, Visa, PayNearMe CASH, Caesars Cage, and Caesar’s prepaid card. They have a number of withdrawal options but you can only have access to your winnings within 3 working days after your request for withdrawal depending on the option chosen. You can bet on major professional and college sports via the app. They have 24/7 customer support service available through live chat, mobile phone numbers, and email.
Golden Nugget Sports Betting
You can use your Android or iOS device to access the Golden Nugget Sportsbook from anywhere in NV. In terms of banking, you must visit any of the Golden Nuggets land-based casinos before you can carry out any deposit or withdrawal transactions with the app. The minimum deposit required to open a new account is $100. They also have a minimum restriction wager of $5 when making use of the app. The game options cover major professional and college sports. Like most top apps, they also support live betting. They do not have a signup bonus with the app and you have to sign up for their Rewards Program physically.
Wynn Las Vegas Sports Betting
After downloading the app to either your iOS or Android device, you must register in person at a Wynn sportsbook inthe Wynn Resorts & Casino and make a minimum deposit of $100. All banking transactions have to be done at the physical location. You can make deposits via cash or cashier’s check. The app offers gambling options for both professional and college sports. Wynn Las Vegas doesn’t offer bonuses to members who are signing up for a new Wynn sportsbook account.
Station Casinos Sportsbook
You can download the STN Sports app to your Android or iOS device and get access to more wagering options thantheir land-based casino. You must also register your account physically at any land-based Station Casino sportsbook or authorized outlets with a valid ID and an active Boarding Pass Card. You must first fund your account in person at any of their brick-and-mortar outlets with a minimum deposit of $50. They have welcome bonuses for first-time users. You can fund your account afterward through the app using a Play + prepaid card. To withdraw your funds, you can either visit the physical Station Casino sportsbook you initially registered at or online using a Play + account.
Treasure Island Online Betting
Compatible with iOS and Android mobile devices, TI Mobile Sports app requires users to register for an account inperson at the brick-and-mortar Treasure Island sportsbook casino. You’ll need to go with a legal ID and your social security number to sign up. You are also required to fund your mobile betting account physically at the brick and mortar casino and all accounts must be started with a minimum of $100 cash deposit. You can only withdraw your funds in person at their physical location. They also offer some of the most well-known US sports to wager on.
The app is compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices but players need to physically register at their brick and mortarcasino in NV. The only requirements are a valid ID and social security number. Like most sports betting apps, it uses the Miomni software. You can wager on different popular professional sports. To deposit and withdraw, you must visit their land-based casinos in Nevada.
The B-Connected Sports app can be easily downloaded on your Android and iOS devices but like the others, you need to sign up in person at any of Boyd Gaming’s brick-and-mortar Nevada bookmakers. You’ll need your B-Connected card, validID, and social security card to complete registration. To fund your account with a minimum deposit of $50, you can use Visa, MasterCard, Boyd Gaming casino chips, PayNearMe, Play + or cash. To withdraw, however, you need to physically visit one of their locations. Professional sports are available to bet on with this app. With the B-Connected Sports app, you can earn comp dollars with every bet, however, they don’t offer any bonuses currently.
Where and How to Bet on the Best NV Sportsbooks?
To sign up to wager on sports online in NV is quite easy but you are required to visit a land-based sportsbook in person before you can get approved. You don’t have to be a resident of Nevada to create an account – even if you’re just on a tourist visit to the state, you can still wager on sports online as long as you are within the borders of NV. You must go along with a valid government ID and you must not be less than 21 years of age in order for your account to be activated. After providing some other basic personal information, you’ll need to make an initial deposit and then you can start placing bets. Some Nevada bookies may require you to carry out all subsequent financial transactions at their land-based locations while others give the leeway to deposit and/or withdraw via their NV sports betting app.
The Use of Personal Information
To set up an online sport betting account, you need to disclose your identity and share some personal information so you can pass the required age verification processes. The information on government-issued ID cards and in some cases, your social security number will have to be divulged as well. Also, users need to disclose their location before they can be allowed to bet in NV. In order to further ensure safety online, you should try using an ambiguous username that doesn’t reveal any private information about you. Also, avoid revealing details in your profile. In addition, choose a strong password that is known by only you, always log out after every session and get yourself up-to-date antivirus software.
The decision to approve the application of a licensing request is controlled by the Nevada Gaming Commission based on the submitted documentation by the applicant. The Nevada Gaming Commission issues one online gambling license that covers all the gaming operations, eGaming service providers, affiliates, eGaming software providers, network providers, and white-label operators. To be eligible to apply for an online gambling license, you will have to incorporate your company in the state of Nevada. Afterward, the licensing process can begin with complete identification details being submitted in accordance with KYC policies. Also, you will need to provide a detailed and honest description of all the games you are offering. You’ll have to obtain hardware for the transit server that will transmit all the data of your betting site to the Nevada Gaming Commission for proper control. The server has to be physically present in NV and must host at least your client database. Licensing alone costs about $500,000 and it usually takes about 6-10 months to obtain operating licenses after which you will be needing a merchant account and corporate bank account that supports gambling companies. When you visit the official website of the Nevada Gaming Commission and Nevada Gaming Control Board, you will have access to the full list of all regulations concerning sports betting in NV. The regulations include:
- Declaratory rulings
- Licensing: Qualifications
- Applications: Procedure
- Regulations concerning operations of gaming establishments and surveillance standards for non-restricted licensees.
- Regulations regarding operations of interactive games
- Accounting regulations
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Regulations on patron disputes and more
Nevada Online Sports Betting Apps
Typical mobile sports betting app should have an easily navigable user interface and ideally, you should be able to carry out all transactions via the app. However, not all apps currently allow you to carry out such transactions without first visiting their land-based casinos in Nevada. Ensure to check for online reviews to know what app is reliable. Most mobile sports betting apps are developed using the Miomni software which provides an intuitive and easily navigable app layout.
The Most Popular Kind of Sports to Bet in NV Betting Sites
Here’s a list of the typical popular sports on which you can bet at Nevada sportsbooks:
- Mixed Martial Arts
- College Football
- Canadian Football
- Australian Rules Football
- Auto Racing
- Horse racing and virtual horse racing
There are a lot of different types of bets that you can choose to play depending on the particular sport. You can bet on things such as final scores, first-half draw, a number of free kicks, first to score, inbounds, touchdowns, and many more. Kindly visit any sports betting app of your choice to discover the wide range of markets you can choose from. The only form of betting that is prohibited in Nevada is a state lottery.
Different Legal Sports Betting Options In Nevada
While betting on the best Nevada sportsbooks, you will come across a bunch of bets. But before you start to play, you must understand what each term means. Check out the following information:
- Point Spread: It is a popular bet type where you choose a spread, with either a negative or a positive score. The difference is underdogs get a negative value while the favored one is denoted with a positive value. Gamblers have to decide whether a particular team will cross that value.
- Money Line: Here, you can pick a side that you think will win the game. The best part about the money line is it is available for all types of games, like baseball, soccer, tennis, etc.
- Partial Game Lines: In this particular bet type, the totals and lines occur only at a certain part of the game. It can be totals, points spreads, or a simple proposition. Some examples for partial game lines are the first five innings of a baseball game, hockey periods, a quarter of a basketball or a football.
- Round Robin: It is the simplest way of betting on several parlays at a single time. Here bettors can choose from different teams, and every winning parlay is offered at the same rate.
- Propositional Wagers: Most commonly, these wagers are known as props. They are exotic bets, and the outcome is not dependent on the entire game. These are used for fun, and also you can earn some money.
- Under Or Over Bets: This type is also named totals, and you have to find out whether the score will be above or under the specified value. If it is more, you have to choose over or else go with under.
- Handicap Bets: On the NV sportsbooks, you might come across this type of wager, and it is similar to a point spread. The difference is spreads are calculated to balance the sections. Handicap bets also offer several options to bettors playing with different payouts and odds.
- Outright Bets: They are also termed as ‘futures bets’, where you place a wager on the winner of major tournaments. It is like you can wager on who will be the winner of the World Series or the Super Bowl. To check the odds, you can visit the leading gambling sites and discover more.
- Teasers: Similar to parlay, it involves at least two outcomes or more than that. But it is different from parlay as bettors will receive additional points on every line. A teaser will give you six points in football that will help you make an 8-point underdog and a 2-point underdog. On every leg of the teaser, you will add the number. The payouts are comparatively lesser compared to parlays due to the adjusted point spread.
- Parlay: Parlay has more than one outcome, and you can get your rewards only after winning all the bets. If the game gets canceled or postponed and you have won the remaining selection, you will get the lower amount as only a few games are there.
- Pleasers: They are opposite to teasers and add points according to the advantage of the player. The NV betting sites offer pleasers and players can have multiple outcomes.
Nevada Online Sportsbooks And Their Partners
Here is the complete list discussing the sportsbooks with their respective partnering bodies.
|Encore||Wynn Mobile Sports|
|Mont Bleu||William Hill|
|Treasure Island||TI Mobile Sports|
|Golden Nugget||Golden Nugget|
|Binion’s Gambling Hall||William Hill|
|Rampart Casino||Nevada Sportsbooks|
|Silver Legacy||William Hill|
|Downtown Grand||William Hill|
|Four Queens Hotel and Casino||William Hill|
|Tuscany Hotel & Casino||William Hill|
|Monte Carlo||PlayMGM Sports|
|New York-New York||PlayMGM Sports|
|Planet Hollywood||Caesars Sportsbook|
|Bally’s Cromwell||Caesars Sportsbook|
|Jokers Wild||B-connected Sports|
|Gold Coast||B-connected Sports|
|Boulder Station||STN Sports|
|Texas Station||STN Sports|
|Santa Fe Station||STN Sports|
|Palace Station||STN Sports|
|Green Valley Ranch||STN Sports|
|Red Rock Resort||STN Sports|
|The Venetian||CG Sports|
|Hard Rock Casino||CG Sports|
The Way Nevada Sports App Works
First, the Nevada betting app should be downloaded and an account must be created. After that, using an account number and PIN, you can log in and choose the sports you wish to play. Point spreads and odds are also present, and your geolocation gets verified to confirm whether you are in Nevada.
The Procedure To Create A Nevada Sports App Account
The Nevada online betting app account needs to be created in person. It takes from 10 to 15 minutes, and you must fill out the application with address, name, contact details, date of birth, etc. It also includes a tax ID number, SSN, or a government-issued ID. The first deposit can be around $50 based on the website, and then, you are ready to play
Nevada Daily Fantasy Sports
DFS has been a hot topic among players but still exists in a grey area. Operators working in this specific area would need an expensive gambling license, along with all the critical paperwork, etc. Both DraftKings and FanDuel have been waiting so the state can pass the latest sports betting laws that shed some light on DSF. It might grant a DFS license which is separated from the general sports betting license.
Nevada Betting Laws
Due to the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992, the legalization of sports betting was closed. But as time passed, more states were interested in gambling. After that, the legalization of Pari Mutuel wagering (horse) took place. Following that, the PASPA was overturned, and the betting industry started to grow again.
Famous Nevada Sports Betting Events
While planning to bet on sports betting sites in Nevada, you can choose popular events. Check out the most popular events, so you can place wagers on your favorite one.
- NCAA Las Vegas Bowl: It is an “NCAA-sanctioned Division I college football bowl game.” It has ties to the SEC, Pac-12, and Big Ten conferences.
- Wrangler National Finals Rodeo: The “Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association” is a yearly showcase for the leading 15 money-winners. It takes place in “the University of Nevada Las Vegas’ Thomas & Mack Center.”
- UFC Apex: It has deep ties with Las Vegas and stands for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. UFC Apex is a website for numerous tournaments, events, and fight nights. At UFC Apex, live events are there every other week.
- Pennzoil 400: Sponsored by Jiffy Lube, it is the first NASCAR Cup Series in Nevada. Since 1998, it has taken place every year, but the most exciting part is that winners will not get a trophy.
- South Point 400: It is a “NASCAR Cup Series” that happens every year. It takes place at “the Las Vegas Motor Speedway,” and the team plays for the fourth time in the Cup Series playoffs season. It is one of the major events to bet on when you register on sports betting sites.
Wagering On Pro-Sports Teams In Nevada
NFL Betting In Nevada
Sports betting fans have been waiting for a long time for NFL betting. The state is home to many people, and they have a Canadian Football League expansion, the Continental Football League, and the Arena Football League. Presently, the state has its first NFL team.
Las Vegas Raiders Betting
In 1960, the team originated in Oakland, which then relocated to Los Angeles. Until 1944, they were in Memorial Coliseum and the following year, they came back to Oakland. In January 2020, they moved to Las Vegas. In the first game, they beat the Carolina Partners, and played the first home game against “the New Orleans Saints.”
Nevada NBA Betting
The state does not have any franchise, but the popularity is still high amongst the players. Nevada has a top ranked WNBA team, and MGM Resorts owns it.
Las Vegas Aces Betting
The team was introduced as the Utah Starzz before the 1997 WNBA inaugural season. In 2003, the Aces moved to San Antonio, which then became the Silver Stars. In 2018, the final move was made to Las Vegas, and it became the Aces. Here they have enjoyed tremendous success and made playoffs in two seasons out of three. In 2020, they won the conference but lost the finals to the Washington Mystics.
Nevada MLS Betting
Soccer has always been the all-time favorite game, but there is no local team to support it. But two USLC teams are still there, the Reno 1868 FC and the Las Vegas Lights FC.
Las Vegas Lights Betting
It is a professional soccer team playing the USLC and was introduced in 2017. It plays in Cashman Field, and in the 2019 season, they have made the playoffs, where they finished as 13th. But since they are low-profile teams, you may not find them at the top NV online sports betting sites.
Nevada NHL betting
Fans have to wait for a long time to bet on the local team through a Nevada online sports betting site. But recently, the local fans saw the professional team, Vegas Golden Knights getting introduced.
Vegas Golden Knights Betting
It is a professional ice hockey team, and the T-Mobile Arena is their home field. It played in the NHL’s Pacific Division and made its first appearance in the 2017-2018 season as an expanded team. The expanded team had to face a tough time playing the competitive leagues. But in their first season, they reached the Stanley Cup Finals. They have won a conference championship and two division championships as well.
Wagering On Nevada College Football
The state has a few local teams where you can place your bets through the top Nevada sportsbooks.
Nevada Wolf Pack
It represents “the University of Nevada, Reno” and plays in the “NCAA’s Mountain West Conference.” First, it was introduced in 1896 and presently plays in Mackay Stadium.
In “the NCAA’s Division I Bowl Subdivision (Mountain West Conference)” UNLV represents the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. In 1968, the program shared the Allegiant Stadium with the Las Vegas Raiders.”
College Basketball Betting In Nevada
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels
In Men’s basketball, UNLV Runnin’ Rebels represents UNLV and plays in “the NCAA’s Mountain West Conference.” It comes with the most prestigious college basketball program.
Nevada Wolf Pack
It is also the name of the University of Nevada and “the Reno’s men’s basketball team.” It plays in “the Mountain West Conference,” and since 1913, Nevada Wolf Pack has won five championships.
Yes. Sports betting has been legalized in Nevada.
No. Offshore sportsbooks cannot legally operate in NV. All licensed sportsbooks are required to have their physical server in the state of Nevada.
Anyone above the age of 21 years and physically present in Nevada can bet online.
PayNearMe is a full-service payment platform that allows cash users to track their payment history, set reminders and pay their bills in a secure system.
You can bet on majority of professional and college sports in Nevada.
You can bet on sports in NV only if you are within the borders of the state. However, you don’t need to be a resident of Nevada to engage in NV online sports betting.
The tax rate for legal sports betting in Nevada is 6.75%.
When the state ID expires, the sportsbook will lock your account. Here players have to scan their new ID and send an email to the support team, following which the account will reopen.
The companies providing you an app are Caesars, MGM Resorts, William Hill, Station Casinos, CG Technology, Boyd Gaming, Golden Nuggets, etc.
It is entirely secure and safe to deposit money at the top sports betting sites in the state. But make sure you register at the regulated and licensed betting sites. They use encrypted technologies and secured servers, so you do not have to worry about anything. Some sites are illegal, and you must avoid signing up there.
The different sports betting apps are William Hill, BetMGM, Golden Nugget, etc.
You can make deposits through PayNearMe on William Hill, and it also accepts deposits through kiosks at several locations, like taverns, bars, 7 Eleven stores. Some sites also offer payments through credit or debit cards, and electronic funds transfers.
The online sportsbooks are playMGM, William Hill, Caesars Sportsbook, etc.
It is a cash bill pay service that William Hill users can avail. Gamers can visit the 7-Eleven convenience store and deposit cash using a merchant code. You have to make a phone call or send an email to get the amount deposited into your account.
No, sports betting websites are not present in this state. But there are apps that are available to NV players.
Nothing is clear regarding the DFS sector in the state. It can be a ‘yes’ and ‘no’, as DFS is legal in the state. Nevada sports betting legislation regulates it, but the classification has been resisted by the US DFS operators under Nevada sports betting state law. Further, companies have to opt-out from the Nevada market to avoid registering as gambling operators.
They will get to know as it pins the nearest cell phone towers. They determine the location of the device and the duration taken to receive the signal between several towers.
The value of the minimum bet can vary from one sportsbook to another. Generally, it can be $2 or $4.
Similar to the minimum bet value, maximum bet value depends on the sportsbooks operator and sports type. Some can go up to $3000 while others can be $500, and you can raise the limits if you request.
Newbies can deposit $100 after creating an account. At William Hill sportsbook, the existing betting account can make a deposit of $5.
For each $1 wagered, Station Casinos give gamblers a "Boarding Pass players club point." For every $1000 on straight bets and $500 wagered on parlays, William Hill offers players $1. But no sportsbook will give comps.
Registration at the top online site is a little tricky. But you can play whenever you wish to after completing the signing procedure. To start with the registration, you have to finish the mobile signup process first. After that, you must visit a sports betting location in person and provide the details like SSN, name, address, etc. The betting site will activate the account, and now you can start playing and also use their betting apps.