Best Online Horse Betting Sites
Best Online Horse Racing Betting Sites
Aspects to Consider While Choosing The Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
- Bank Payment Methods: Fast deposits and withdrawals make for a better betting experience. Top horse betting sites offer players a wide range of payment methods for convenience’s sake, including credit/debit cards, e-wallet, bank transfer, etc.
- Security: Betting sites normally request for personal information, including legal name, social security number, and others necessary for identifying you and processing payments. Therefore, you ought to be confident that the website is secure.
- Promotions and Bonuses: Great rewards improve your gambling experience, and it’s why top sports betting sites offer appealing bonuses. Nevertheless, you should also watch out for unrealistic offers. Read the terms of every bonus carefully to be sure of its feasibility.
- Reputation and Legalization: A sportsbook’s public status can help you ascertain that you’re wagering with a credible site. Another way is through regulatory agencies who issue operator licenses and ensure that they follow every gambling regulation strictly.
- Loyalty Programs: One commonly committed mistake is to focus on welcome bonuses at the expense of offers available for regular players. Besides rewarding new players, top sportsbooks also have different loyalty bonuses for regular players. These offers vary depending on the frequency and weight of your wagers.
- Customer Support: A top betting site has a great online presence—providing support to their customers through different platforms including, email, live chat, and even their social media handles. Your preferred website ought to have an active presence online and be responsive to customers.
- Options to Bet: Sometimes, certain bookmakers don’t have some race fixture available, and this is because the bookmaker doesn’t extensively focus on horse betting. As a horse betting fan, ascertain the available fixtures and the number of tracks before signing up.
Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
In the United States today, there are several bookmakers where you can bet on horse races. You can trust us to give you information about the most trustworthy options with the best offers. Here they are:
TVG has over 15 years’ experience on online horse wagering. They offer live streaming and betting on horse racing from more than 150 tracks worldwide. TVG welcomes new players after signing up with a $300 risk-free bet when they use the promo code, “LVSRTVG”. But, the bonus can only be used to bet and can’t be withdrawn. There are other reward programs available for new and regular customers alike. Winnings are available via a host of banking options, including Paypal, wire transfer, credit/debit card, etc.
AmWager is a licensed racing betting site that offers online bets with about 500 tracks worldwide. As a lover of horse betting, you’ll enjoy placing your wagers with AmWager because of the number of races you can enjoy via live video every day. New players qualify for a welcome bonus up to $500. Another of AmWager’s exciting reward programs is the cash rewards. This program rewards you with a certain percentage daily based on your betting activity—up to 5% cashback if you wager up to $5000.
Nyra Bets offers various options across various platforms—web or mobile. New players can qualify for a 100% deposit up to $200. By making a deposit within 30 days of registration, and placing a bet twice the deposit amount, you can receive a wagering credit equal to your first deposit. You have to use the promo code “SPA” to qualify.
TwinSpires has a wide variety of tracks around the world and offer a trusted horse betting site for people who stay in the U.S. The sportsbook gives new customers a $100 welcome bonus when they use the “1betbel” promo code. To qualify for this bonus, you must have deposited at least $25 and wagered $500 bets within 30 days of creating your account.
With Xpressbet, you can legally bet on horse races in the U.S. and on international tracks. You can also place bets using the Xpressbet mobile app for iOS and Android. New customers instantly receive a no-deposit $10 free bonus and up to $500 bonus. You have to sign up with the code “SPORTOFKINGS” to qualify for the bonus. Regular players also receive regular offers that they can redeem for prizes and free credit.
123Bet offers you everything horse-related with all the top horse betting options such as Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta, etc. To receive your first bonus, opening an account is the first essential step. 123Bet welcomes new players with a 25% bonus on your first deposit of at least $50. You’ll get another 25% deposit bonus after you’ve bet with $1000 within 30 days of signup.
This bookmaker covers over 150 tracks in the U.S. and internationally and offers up to date betting odds via website or mobile. 4NJBets new players qualify for a $300 risk-free bet upon signup, and they have to deposit into their site account to place their first bet within 15 days. Risk-free implies that if you lose your bet, 4NBJets are obliged to return your money up to $300.
DRF Bets is a popular sports betting site that offers over 300 racetracks worldwide. With DRF Bets, new bettors can qualify for up to 300% match deposit on a minimum deposit of $50. Players have to meet certain requirements to be eligible for a bonus. Before withdrawal, your initial deposit and wagering credits must sum up to at least $200.
The bookmaker is a typical online betting site available for residents of the U.S. and with many betting options. BetPTC has been around since 2007 and taken hundreds of millions worth of bets through all its platforms. As a new player, you qualify for the $200 signup bonus, and regular players are rewarded with instant cash every day.
If you’re looking for a reliable racebook in America today, Hollywood Races is one of the most fitting. The racebook offers legal online horse racing to players across the U.S. today, taking wagers on more than 200 tracks. After signing up, you have to wager at least $100 within 14 days of signup to qualify for the welcome bonus. This way, the company and by a next get to get the $100 bonus. Nevertheless, you cannot withdraw the bonus.
Types of Wagers to Bet on Horse Racing Online
Wagering on horse racing offers you a variety of betting types. Here are the common ones:
- Win: A win bet implies that you’re betting on your horse to finish first, and only then can you win anything.
- Place: With the place bet, you’re wagering that your horse will finish in the first or second place, and anything else is a loss. Place’s winnings may be lower than a direct bet, but it poses fewer risks.
- Show: Show bet means you’re bettin on your horse finishing in the top three. It offers increased chances of a win compared to the other positional bets but with lower odds.
- Exacta: The exacta bet predicts that your horses will finish the race in a particular order, with one horse being first and the other, the second position. There’s no win if these horses don’t match your exact prediction order. Exacta has slimmer chances of winning but can be very rewarding.
- Trifecta: The trifecta is another combination bet, but, in this case, you’re betting on the position of three horses. You’re wagering on your horses ending the race as first, second, and third in the exact order.
- Superfecta: The superfecta is a wager in which you’re betting on the top four horses in their exact finishing order. It’s a harder prediction and can be more expensive because of the number of horses involved.
- Pick 5/6: The pick 5/6 races are multi-race combinations that involve betting on winners of five or six consecutive races. If the odds are high, the game payouts can be quite huge. The pick 6 is the biggest bet of the group that you can make.
- Futures: Futures, such as its name clearly states, involves placing horse bets well in advance of the games. Usually, games offer better odds weeks before the race, and future bets have the potential for bountiful winnings.
Where to Watch And Bet on Horse Racing
Besides betting on horse races, bettors also love to watch and root for their bets in every race. There are different ways you can experience this thrill of horse races. They include the following options:
- At the Track: The most common and natural way to watch horse races is watching the horses run side by side physically. This way, you can cheer on the horse (or horses) you’re placing your bets on.
- On TV: You can also watch horse racing from the comfort of your home with the T.V. There are local and cable sports channels showing horse racing as one of their programs either as live or delayed commentary. Top popular sports channels including ESPN, or BBC also transmit horse racing events worldwide.
- Via Simulcast: With simulcast horse racing, you can catch the excitement of horse races from different tracks around the world. Simulcast racing is usually broadcast at a public venue like a bar where fans can all gather to enjoy till the early hours of the morning.
- OTB Venues: As a lover of horse racing betting who can’t access live racing, you can still enjoy the thrill at Off Track Betting venues. These venues are located methodically in different jurisdictions around the U.S., and you can have fun with other lovers of horse betting too.
- Streaming Live: Specific racing sites offer live horse races, and you can stream these races on their websites or through their mobile apps. Some of the famous sites include BetAmerica, TGV, and TwinSpires.
Biggest Horse Races in The U.S.
If you’re a new fan of horse racing betting, here are some of the most significant horse racing events in the U.S. which you can mark in your calendar.
The Kentucky Derby is the most famous horse racing event in the U.S. It’s widely referred to as the most exciting two minutes in the sport for the thrill it offers fans every year. It’s usually hosted yearly at Churchill Downs on the first Saturday in May.
The Preakness Stakes is another event to watch out for every year. It’s the second fixture of the Triple Crown and is held on the third Saturday of May at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. The 1900-meter race is run on the dirt.
The Belmont Stakes completes all the fixtures of the U.S Triple Crown with the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes as the first and second leg. It’s run annually in June, usually three weeks after Preakness Stakes. The race is hosted at Belmont Park and runs over 1.5 miles on the dirt track.
Other Horse Races to Bet On
Other horse races which you can bet on in the U.S. today include the following:
- The Arkansas Derby
- Breeders’ Cup
- Travers Stakes
- Stars and Stripes Racing Festival
- Dubai World Cup
Horse Racing Breeds
Contrary to popular belief, racehorses are not all the same breed. They may appear similar, but there are generally different horse racing breeds. Here are the most common ones:
Arabian horses are horse racing breeds used for long-distance horse races. While Arabian Horses may not stand out for regular races, they excel at endurance events because of their stamina, which helps them to run over 50-mile races.
Thoroughbred horses are famous for their speed, agility and are preferred for big races. They’re perfect for racing because they ultimately exert themselves into races.
These breeds are perfect for impressive speed over short distances. They can often outrun other horse racing breeds and are one of the most popular breeds in the U.S.
Standardbred horses are usually bred from Thoroughbreds but with more muscles and longer bodies. Their strong bodies make them more suitable for harness or trotting racing.
Main Horse Online Betting Terms
The below terms and their accompanying meanings will help you understand horse betting better.
- Acceptor: This refers to a runner listed as part of a race
- All Out: A horse completely exacting himself
- Blinkers: This refers to a cup-shaped gadget put over a horse’s eyes to limit his vision to the track and prevent distractions.
- Bolt: Deviation from a straight course, usually sudden.
- Bookmaker: Individual or site licensed to receive bets for racing events.
- Card: Used to refer to a race meeting or fixture.
- Colt: Refers to a male horse.
- Daily Double: Wagering on winners from two consecutive races
- Filly: Refers to a female horse
- Furlong: A measure of one-eighth of a mile
- Gelding: A sterilized male horse.
- Pari-Mutuel: Pooled betting in which bettors who win their wagers share the total pool.
- Show: Bet where players whose horse finish first, second or third wins
- Trotting: Racing where horses do not gallop.
Best Online Horse Betting Sites With Sign Up Bonuses
- Risk-free bets: These bonuses imply that players who lose a bet can get their stake refunded. Hence, the reason for the name “risk-free.” For example, 4NJBets offering a $300 risk-free bet upon signup means new players can wager up to $300, lose their bet and have it refunded.
- Bet to Get Bets: This type of bonus requires that after signing up, the player deposits and wagers above a certain amount to qualify. You should read the terms and conditions to ascertain what kind of offer the bet to get comes with. A good example is a “Bet $5 and get $35 in free bets” offer.
Best Horse Betting Deposit Bonuses
Of all Signup bonuses, deposit bonuses are the most popular with sportsbooks. They’re offered to attract new visitors to the site, and they may appear like, “100% match up to $200”. This example implies that you can receive a wagering credit up to your wagering amount.
Deposit to Getting Free Bets
The deposit to get a free bet implies that the customer deposits a specific amount or more as their first bet to qualify for the free bet bonus. “Deposit $10, and bet with $40” is a famous example.
Useful Tips for Betting on Horse Races
Here are some betting tips to help you place better bets:
- Carry out thorough research before placing wagers. Find out everything you can about races and the horses competing. There are racing forms that contain all important racing information, including horse ratings based on their previous races.
- Don’t limit yourself to one type of bet. Use the multiple options and increase your chances of winning.
- Employ various betting strategies like the ditching system, recent winners, the beaten favorite, etc. These strategies help you become a more active bettor, and the knowledge obtained lowers your chances of a loss.
- Another way to make better decisions is to listen to trusted betting experts on horses. While some people claim to be experts without any real knowledge, there are individuals who have carried out thorough analysis and can advise your decision.
5 Common Horse Race Betting Mistakes to Avoid
- Don’t follow the herd or insider tips. Carefully make your decisions and follow your convictions
- Avoid placing too many bets. That increases your chances of losing more than it boosts your wins.
- Don’t place just a single wager and expect results. While too many bets are not ideal, too few can be risky also.
- Learn from your past mistakes and avoid repeating them.
- Avoid careless betting. Find out the best odds and reach careful conclusions before placing bets.
The world has stood at a standstill for months because of Coronavirus. Most sporting activities were suspended entirely, until recently. But, this impact didn’t spread to horse racing. In some parts of the U.S, racing events continued without any interruption for some time. States such as Oklahoma, Arkansas, Florida, Nebraska stayed open until May. This was possible because horse racing doesn’t require many people for the racetrack to function. And the continuation proved a positive for horse betting because of the increase in horse racing bettors recorded. Most sports fans, since other sports were suspended, began to hop on the horse betting wagon. However, many significant events were suspended or even postponed. Overall, while horse racing and betting continued in some states, the industry so far has recorded lower returns due to the suspended activities across many states.
What Upcoming Events Should Be Noticed by Horse Racing Fans?
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, some of the top horse racing events were rescheduled. This year is the first time in history that the Belmont Stakes, the last leg of the Triple Crown event, was held before the others. The Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, the first two legs, were suspended because of the pandemic. If you’re a fan of horse racing, this means you still have some excitement to look forward to as both sports have now been rescheduled. The Kentucky Derby was shifted from May 2 to September 5, and the Preakness Stakes to October 3.
Horse racing is a thrilling affair with a significant number of fans getting more involved by wagering on races. There are currently an increasing number of sportsbooks in the U.S. today, and not all can be trusted. The purpose of our sports betting site reviews is to ease the process of finding a sportsbook. Your sportsbook is the difference between a great betting experience and a terrible one.
- Is it legal to bet on Horse races online?
- In many states in the U.S., betting on horse races online is legal. However, some states don’t welcome it.
- Where can I bet on horse racing?
- There are several sportsbooks where you can wager on horse racing in the U.S. TVG, BetAmerica, TwinSpires are the most common horse race betting sites.
- Where can I check Horse racing odds?
- Horse racing odds are available at most sportsbooks. You can refer to our sportsbooks review for betting sites you can trust.
- Are there options to bet on virtual horse racing?
- Yes, online betting sites like Bovada, MyBookie, and BetOnline offer virtual horse racing betting.
- Can I bet on horse racing events that happen outside the USA?
- Yes, you can wager on horse racing events outside the USA. Most of our reviewed sites take bets from racetracks in the U.S. and also internationally.