Best Michigan Online Sports Betting Apps And Sites Review
The State of Michigan has made some groundbreaking legislation concerning sports betting. They crossed a major milestone in 2019 which saw legal sports betting. They had set plans in motion to get sports betting up and running fully by March 2020. This article is put together to assess these new developments on the Michigan online sports betting, legal sports betting, casino applications, Michigan online platforms, welcome bonuses, online casino games, license, mobile sports betting, and the current situation of the Michigan casino scene as a result of the pandemic.
Best Online Sports Betting Sites
Licenses of Michigan Sports Betting Sites
Casino games are legalized in Michigan. Although, players can’t yet wager on online games. Usually, a license is a sort from the Michigan Gaming Control Board for an application fee of $50,000. The licensing fee is set for $100,000 and would be subsequently renewed annually at a fee of $50,000.
The Michigan Gaming Control board is solely in charge of giving licenses to casinos. They also regulate and control gaming operations. Simply send in an application having your details such as name, business address, business phone number, and of course, your social security number. The board would assess it and if deemed adequate, would hand over your license to you. The license can only be given when you have fulfilled all the requirements. For more information, you could visit Michigan.gov.
Rules for Michigan online sports gambling sites are still under review due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Indeed, this has stalled a lot of progress. Again, the Michigan legislature has made it an 8.4 % on the revenue tax. For commercial casinos, 1.25 % is slated, having a sportsbook license. Further description of the tax structure is listed below:
- 20% on revenue close to $ 4 million
- 22%, from $4 million – $ 8 million on revenue
- 24 % tax on $8 million – $10 million revenue
Here is a link with more information about the sports betting license, taxes, and fees, check out the Michigan Gaming Control and Revenue act.
Where and How to Bet on Sports in Michigan
Here are steps to get you started on your online sports betting journey. First, you need to get registered at a casino of your choice. When you have completed this stage, the next question would be what game are you betting on? There are different kinds of sports and game types to select from. If you seem to be lost, call on the casino staff, they would guide you through. There are two ways to bet. You can do that at a teller window or preferably at a self-service kiosk. A receipt would be issued with information surrounding your bet.
Mobile sports gambling doesn’t require a physical presence to place your bets. Immediately, the online platforms are up and running, you can set up an account in a couple of minutes and use the platform. Retail sports betting became feasible in March 2020. There are about three commercial casinos that are currently fully operational in the sub-region. The Greektown Casino, MGM Grand Detroit, and MotorCity Casino. There are also about 23 native gaming facilities available. For online players, there would be a need to wait a little longer before you can place stakes at your convenience.
How To Start Betting At Michigan Sportsbooks?
- Get The App: Download the MI sportsbooks app on your IOS or Android device. After that, the app will guide you on what steps you have to take next.
- Complete The Signup Process: You have to fill in the details required for registration. You have to enter your SSN, address, name, phone number, etc.
- Deposit Money: The last step is to deposit cash at the sportsbook to place wagers. Check the bonus offers before you deposit the amount so you can use it to the fullest.
Aspects to Consider While Choosing The Best MI Online Sports Betting Sites
It is important to ensure the following considerations are understood before you pick an online betting site.
The banking method is a vital factor to consider. Most betting sites authorize credit cards to make payments, while some also accept payments with debit cards. In certain cases, some credit card issuers are not compatible with online casino platforms, and this could cause your transaction to bounce. It is better to choose a betting site that accepts various banking methods.
Ensure that online betting sites have the best service provider. With the amount of personal and private information that would be input on the platforms, it is important to use only secure sites. There are a lot of internet fraud schemes that are evolving, and you would not want to be a victim. Pick a good site with the best software provider. The platform provided by Besedo, VASCO Data Security, and Wirecard Technologies AG is top-rated against fraud protection. Quality in this section is not negotiable and must be duly noted.
Promotions And Bonuses
Although betting is a form of entertainment, winning your bet is also a primary goal. Check out for sites that have good bonus offers. Promotions and bonuses are an incentive to encourage you to win more. The casinos are expected to have cashback promos of up to $2500 on first deposits. MGM Grand Detroit, for instance, offers two special offers in ‘Freeplay’ and ‘Pointplay.’ Freeplay increases slot playing time while Pointplay bonuses reward members by converting Cash Back balances (of $5 or more) to Pointplay credits right at your favorite slot or video poker machine. These bonuses will serve as incentives for new and returning customers.
Loyalty programs or rewards are one important reason to have an online sports gambling account. With an online account, the more you bet, you are provided with a bonus which increases your return. One of the reasons these sites offer you a loyalty program is simply to make you choose and stick with them. These loyalty programs are essentially a form of customer retention tactic.
Reputation And Legalization
Playing on an online betting platform that has a good reputation is always a good choice. When picking an online betting site, make sure they have a good review by real people (not bots) and are legal, licensed, and regulated. This would save you from scams and also increase your confidence as you play.
A good casino has its customers’ support working round the clock. When going through your list of online betting sites, either the Michigan online betting sites or others, don’t forget to check out their customer support. A couple of times, service issues may arise from depositing and withdrawals, or banking difficulties. You would need to call on customer support to help you address and find solutions to these complications as they arise.
Choice of Games
The option to select from a couple of games could be empowering. Online casino games have variants such as poker, blackjack, and many more! Sports bet games would also include horse racing, fantasy, and regular match bet types. Stakes can be made in different formats ranging from Moneyline, total, and spread bets as well. The option to select a particular game from a couple of games has a good feel, puts you in charge of your choices. This is one thing players would like that they are not forced to play a certain game.
Online casino games can be played on the website or by downloading the casino’s app. With the sports betting app, and it is easier to log in and stay logged in. In Michigan, sports gambling apps are preferable and usually the best choice for most mobile players. Not all casino brands have developed an app, so choose a casino site that has an app for convenience. These apps are available for whatever smartphone you are using. Casino app for IOS and Android are available for players, depending on their mobile device.
Software is a very delicate factor to consider before opting for a casino site. There are casino sites that have a poor software provider. With such, you would experience reduced speed, poor user interface, poor user experience, and a host of other issues. To get the best experience, select a site with a respectable software provider. Gambling Compliance, Fenlex, Congatec AG are all software providers with proven pedigree working with online casinos.
Latest Michigan News
Best Michigan Sports Betting Apps
- Barstool Sportsbook App: The app was launched in September 2020, and after signing a deal with Greektown Casino, has allowed players to gain access to it. Here you can opt-in and place a $25 cash wager on a pre-tournament for “Finishing Position – Winner”. This wager can be placed on three different golfers expected to win “The Open Championship 2022.” The app is supported in all smartphones, including Android and IOS.
- BetMGM Sportsbook App: The brand offers different apps for different devices and you can download them for free. By installing the apps quickly, you can start to play on Apple and Android phones.
- BetRivers Sportsbook App: You can receive up to $250 as bonus money from one of the best Michigan betting apps by downloading the application. It offers mobile sports betting and includes up-to-date details on promotions, bonuses, etc.
- DraftKings Sportsbook App: The top Michigan sportsbook app is now live and offers a deposit bonus of $1000. It is compatible with several devices like desktop, iOS, android, and laptops.
- FanDuel Sportsbook App: If you are looking for a well-organized app, you must choose FanDuel. It is officially available in the state, and you can place wagers on Tennis, Soccer, and Golf.
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook App: This is perhaps one of the best sports betting apps in Michigan, and you will be eligible for a risk-free bet of up to $250. You can access the payment section, different wagers, and wagering requirements here.
- Four Winds Sportsbook App: After the Michigan gambling laws allow it to launch the app, the brand will do so. After that, it would be possible to say more about the app.
- Fox Bet Sportsbook App: It is a pretty well-built app where you can browse for sports and wagers effortlessly. Navigating through various tabs is easy, and you can find details on bets, account management, and promotions.
- William Hill Sportsbook App: It has withstood the test of time, and the designers have put much effort into developing the app. On the left-hand side, you will get the sport options to bet and the center provides information about the games.
- Parx / PlayGunLake Sportsbook App: The app does not give you all the features that you get on the desktop version. However, it offers 75 to 100 bets on NBA, MLB, NHL, and 140 on soccer events.
- PointsBet Sportsbook App: Compared to all apps, it is the best one in the market. At the lower section, you will come across five categories differentiating the options available. Selecting the one that you need is easy, and following this, you can proceed with the gameplay.
- TwinSpires Sportsbook App: The app has a menu and by clicking on it you can proceed to different sections. Placing wagers through this app is easy, and the featured tab gives in-game options following sports details.
- Wynne Sportsbook App: This MI betting app can be used for both a casino and a sportsbook. It includes prop bets, game betting, parlays, and futures. In this particular app, you can track the wagers as well.
The Use of Personal Information Within MI Sports Betting Apps
Personal information that should be provided includes your bank details, home address, and other data. Lots of players are not aware of these security risks. They have no understanding of how these data submitted online can be used adversely. The State of Michigan is much aware of how sensitive the personal directories of players are and has taken certain steps to keep these details safe from fraudsters.
Lots of online gambling players have been put to risk. The issue of cybersecurity is an issue that every online casino should consider important. Data protection happens to be a huge problem in this field, as there have been lots of data leaks, and personal information of players used to commit fraud.
Also, the protection of data is the players’ responsibility. Ensure your betting site is licensed and regulated. Such a site should be under a reputable administration and should have been in business for a couple of years – at least ten years. Like it was mentioned earlier, ensure you check out the reviews of the casino. If they lack a negative comment, it would be best to stay away from such a site. There is no perfect casino.
Banking Options At Michigan Sportsbooks
Reputed sports betting sites have a plethora of banking options through which you can make payments and withdrawals. They are prepaid cards, online banking, credit cards, PayPal, etc.
Live Betting Options At Michigan Sportsbooks
This section is the fastest-growing segment in the sports betting sector. It is also referred to as in-games or in-play betting. The bets are placed in real-time, and the Michigan betting sites give updated odds. New lines will be present on the game outcomes, and you will have many opportunities to place wagers.
Michigan Sportsbook Free Bets And Bonus Codes
The sports betting sector offers different promotions to bettors. In this sportsbook review, we are discussing the variations which you can access:
- No Deposit Bonuses: Here, you may get free cash from the operator to place a bet. If you win, it’s good to get the reward, but losing the game will not lead to losing your funds.
- Deposit Bonus: $1000 on your first deposit is an offer given by most of the online sports betting sites. Here you must deposit some money to claim the offer.
- Free Bets: The site owner will give credits that you can use to place wagers. If you win the bet, you can withdraw the winnings, only if you satisfy the requirements.
- Insurance: In this type, even after not winning, you do not lose the total amount. A section is credited to your account, and it is the benefit of insurance.
- VIP/Loyalty Programs: You can earn some VIP or loyalty points for every wager you place. You can redeem it after you have accumulated enough points.
- Odds Boosts: Specific wagers are picked by the site to adjust the payouts. Some online sportsbooks choose odds boosts all day.
Michigan Land-Based Sportsbooks And Casinos
- FireKeepers Casino: It is a massive property with 2900 slots, table games, pokers, bingo, and keno. This casino is open from 11 am to 11 pm from Monday to Friday, and 9 am to midnight on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Four Winds Casinos: It has three casinos, Four Winds New Buffalo, Four Winds Dowagiac, and Four Winds Hartford, operated and owned by the “Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians.”
- Greektown Casino: It is undoubtedly a center of attraction and has partnered with Barstool Sportsbook. It provides a sports betting experience and is home for the Tigers and Lions.
- Gun Lake Casino: It is spread over 156,000-square-foot and is open round the clock. The casino has 47 table games, 2,000 slots, keno machines, video poker, etc. It has the latest table games and a sportsbook as well.
- Island Resort & Casino: The Hannahville Indian Community has partnered with Churchill Downs and TwinSpires. Besides being the best online betting site, it has a retail sportsbook at the UP casino, situated in T.McC’s Sports Bar.
- Kewadin Casinos: In the state, five properties of Kewadin are there and owned by “the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians.” It partnered with WynnBet to provide sports betting, but presently, the casino is hosting self-service kiosks. Across all five locations, eight kiosks are present and all of them open daily.
- Leelanau Sands Casino: It is the sports betting partner of “Grand Traverse Bay Band Of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians.” However, no in-person betting is present at the casino. Williamsburg, its sister casino, hosts a sportsbook. So you have kiosks at Leelanau.
- Little River Casino Resort: It is operated by the “Little River Band of Ottawa Indians.” It features 1300 slot machines, high-limit areas, and table games.
- MotorCity Casino: The brand has partnered with FanDuel sportsbook and is the first casino that has accepted sports betting. In Detroit, it has a solid reputation, and the physical sportsbook is inside the casino.
- MGM Grand Detroit: The casino is located at a great location and is flanked by Ford Field and Comerica Park diagonally. It has also partnered with the online sports betting site MGM.
- Odawa Casino Resort (Petoskey): The brand has partnered with Fox Bet, but the retail place is self-branded. It is the only casino owned and operated by “the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians.” It has in-person betting and kiosks.
- Odawa Casino (Mackinaw City): Both Mackinaw City and its sister casino in Petoskey have sports betting options. Players can access only through self-serve kiosks. You can access the kiosks if the casino is open.
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel: The brand has partnered with William Hill to offer sports betting options. The “Onyx Sportsbook by William Hill” got launched and is placed on Level 3.
Most Popular Sports To Wager On In MI
- Michigan NHL Betting: Detroit is known as Hockeytown, and the Detroit Red Wings have won eleven titles. Introduced in 1926, they are one of the first six teams of the NHL.
- Michigan NFL Betting: Detroit Lions have been the favorite team in the state even though they participated in only four championships from 1935 to 1957.
- Michigan MLB Betting: By far, it is the oldest professional sports team in the state. It was founded in 1894, and in July 2020, they announced a “multiyear deal with PointsBet.”
- Michigan NBA Betting: Detroit Pistons are not a favorite team, but it becomes great news when they win. In 2004, they beat the Pistons, who had featured in “four future Hall of Farmers.”
- Michigan NCAA Betting: Michigan Wolverines football is the most popular team and has won 11 national titles. They have the record of the maximum wins in the history of NCAA college football.
Michigan Sports Teams to Bet On
NFL Betting In Michigan
- Detroit Lions: They are the pro football team representing the state and a historic franchise. Since 2002, they have played in Ford Field in downtown Detroit which is their home. Out of the four teams, they are one who had never played the Super Bowl.
- Michigan Wolverines: It has 16 national titles in football, out of which five are unclaimed, and eleven are claimed. They also have 3 NIT and one NCAA Tournament championship.
- Michigan State Spartans: They host the most successful basketball and football programs in the US. The Spartans won six national titles in football and two NCAA tournaments.
NBA Betting In Michigan
- Detroit Pistons: The team is the only NBA team the state has and the most successful one before the 2000s. They have played the most number of championships and have won in 1990, 1989, and 2004.
NHL Betting In Michigan
- Detroit Redwings: They are the most successful team and have 11 Stanley Cup trophies. The last was in the 2007-2008 season, and the best MI sportsbooks have popular bets to go with.
MLB Betting In Michigan
- Detroit Tigers: They are the hometown team of baseball and play in the “American League Central Division.” Since 1894, they have been the longest-standing team in the state.
The Future Of Michigan Sports Betting
After launching sports betting and online gambling in January 2021, the state has experienced massive growth in the sector. However, in the past few months, there has been a decline in the revenue earnings due to “the hit by the seasonality of sports betting and struggling local teams.” But in the coming time, the numbers are expected to increase.
Michigan Daily Fantasy Sports
Brands like DraftKings and Fanduels have been operating in the state for years. In 2018, they recently received legal status with a licensing process establishing some customer protection regulations. In December 2019, a bill was signed by the Governor legalizing DFS formally.
Online Horse Betting And Live Racing
In the US, TVG is the most renowned site to virtually place wagers in races. You will get expert analysis for 24 hours. Northville Downs has plans to relocate, but nothing is guaranteed as of now.
Latest Michigan Sports Betting News
- Michigan Sports Betting Deals: On the 9th of September 2021, Arizona sports betting is set to legalize. The change in the rule allows double participants before the new NFL season begins.
- Michigan Sports Betting Law: It is legal to place bets through mobile sports betting sites and sportsbooks as per the law signed by Governor Gretchen Whitmer. It took place in December 2019 and the law also sanctioned casino games.
- Michigan Sports Betting Revenue: The revenue was not that great for the second month as well, as gamers failed to fill the college basketball and football void. The total collection was $257.7 million in May, and it is the lowest value since the launch in January.
- Are sports betting legal in Michigan?
- Sports betting is legal. Over time, the state of Michigan has come together to legalize sports betting. Taxes are paid by these Michigan online sports casinos, which establishes them as legitimate businesses. Alongside the fact that they have to be registered by the government before they can successfully carry out any form of activities.
- Do I have to be live in Michigan to bet?
- Players have to be within the jurisdiction of the State of Michigan. Bets cannot be placed outside of the state. Even though you have a mobile smartphone, the betting is within the state boundary. The moment you cross the borders; you would be unable to use Michigan based platforms.
- When will mobile betting be launched in MI?
- The slated date for the launch of the mobile sports betting has been delayed until early 2021. There is a certainty that the mobile launch would take place before the live sporting casinos.
- Should I be 21 years old to have the right to bet?
- The state of Michigan sets the age limit of 21 years for state-licensed casinos, for both online and live betting. Individuals who are less than the set age are not be allowed into casinos or use online platforms. Although, this varies for tribal casinos. Some of the tribal casinos allow ages from 18 to 19 years to bet. Others stick to 21.
- What companies will offer mobile sports betting in MI?
- Various companies are set to offer mobile sports betting in MI. Companies are coming together in different kinds of mergers and partnerships. Rush Street Interactive entered a partnership with Little Rivers Casino. They became the casino’s operator to help speed the whole process. Other companies include PointBet Holdings, Barstool, BetMGM, and Fanduel. The mobile betting app is said to be ready by 2021.
- Is Sugarhouse legal in Michigan?
- No, Sugarhouse is not legal in Michigan yet.
- Are sports gambling legal in Michigan?
- Yes, sports betting is legal in MI.
- Can I wager on sports online in Michigan?
- Yes, you can wager on sports online, provided you are at least 21 years old.
- Are there any Michigan casinos with sports betting?
- All 23 Michigan casinos can opt for a sportsbook license. Three commercial casinos are operating that have secured betting licenses in the Detroit metro. They are MGM Grand Detroit, Penn National's Greektown, and MotorCity Casino.
- Can you name the highest bonus given by a Michigan sportsbook?
- PointsBet gives the highest bonus, and it is two risk-free bets up to $2,000. If your first bet loses, you can get up to $500 in free wagers and up to $1500 in free bets if you lose your first bet.
- Does the state allow wagering on college sports?
- Yes, you can wager on college sports within the state. It means you can bet on all major events like the University of Michigan and Michigan State.
- Is it possible to use my online account outside the state?
- The state sports betting laws are applicable within the borders of Michigan, so you can use the profile only if you are located in Michigan.
- Do Michigan sportsbook apps permit wagers to be cashed out early?
- The real-time data helps in cashing out your wager before you know the outcome. The operators can determine whether the probability of winning is high or low.
- Can you talk about where Michigan gambling tax revenues go?
- The gambling taxes are taken care of by the specific government. Around 30% of the gambling taxes will go to the city where the licensed casino is operating. It is used to deploy, hire, and train street patrol officers, looking after public safety programs, youth development programs, etc.
- How to register for a Michigan betting app?
- To register, you have to pick the app through which you wish to place a bet. After that, enter the details asked by the site and wait for the confirmation, following which the process will complete.
- How do remote registration and geolocation work for Michigan sportsbooks?
- The Michigan operators have permitted eligible players to sign up remotely. As long as you are in the state lines, you can register and place a wager. But before doing so, you have to verify the location by employing geolocation verification software.
- How to cash out and deposit at MI sportsbooks?
- Through different methods like credit or debit cards, electronic payments, prepaid cards, cash, etc., players can cash out and deposit at MI sportsbooks.