Alabama Online Gambling: Everything You Need To Know
Online gambling has become so popular in the country, and every region has its own rules and regulations regarding it. The State of Alabama also has a definitive stance over online wagering. Just like other states in the country, Alabama online gambling has no explicit law for or against this situation. However, the only legalized brand that is secure to use in Alabama is Pari-mutuel services.
This US region legalized pari-mutuel gambling with horse and dog races back in 1971. In 1973, the state opened the tracks for horse and greyhound racing. Quite different from the land-based casinos, the online Alabama gambling regulations are various. There are different types of wagering opportunities available for the players. There is no online lottery gambling in the state, or sportsbooks, slot machines, casinos, and fantasy sports. It was recently when the State of Alabama passed a Fantasy Sports Bill. If you are interested in learning the situation of Alabama online gambling, this article will be a great help for you. Read on to learn more.
Best Casinos to Try in the US!
Alabama’s Online Gambling Laws
When it comes to online gambling, Alabama is one of the conservative US regions. Currently, the state has only legalized a few legal gambling, including greyhound racing, social gaming like charitable bingo, tribal gaming, etc. The state does not entertain any sort of gambling other than the ones mentioned above. It is a legal offense to gamble in the territory of the state. The state has banned major forms of gambling in order to prevent fraudulent practices and monetary losses due to unlawful activities. It is also said that it was a means of protecting the religious sentiments and the state’s conservative scenario. To get the taste of real online legal gambling, you will have to travel to another state.
Picking Gambling Casinos in Alabama Wisely
Alabama online gambling sites are not legal yet, but we can hope for some exciting online casino games to entertain the players in the future. So, when you are given the options for legal gambling in the state, there are certain things you need to look for in casinos. It must provide you with a wide range of banking methods for deposits and withdrawals. The utmost security and customer support also play a critical role in ensuring its veracity. Make sure that the casino offers you welcome bonuses and other promotions like loyalty programs. The ideal sign of the best casino app is its wide range of games and upgraded software. Lastly, don’t forget to ensure that the mobile casino app is compatible with different operating systems.
Is Social Casino Games Legal in The State?
Online casinos in Alabama have not yet been legalized. That means players cannot play for real money at any casino from the state. Online casinos are strictly prohibited in the state, and offshore sites are highly inadvisable. Social casino games like charitable bingo are legal in the state, but they are available in the land-based version. So, currently, there is no way in which players can exercise online gambling through online Alabama casinos.
Key Players After The Legalization of Online Casinos in Alabama
Indeed, there are no Alabama online gambling sites currently operating in the state, but things will not remain the same. Few years down the line, we can expect Alabama to embrace the nuances of legal gambling. Over the years, there has been a prediction regarding who will be dominating the online casino industry and Alabama online sports betting. Well, there are a few names that have popped up.
- FanDuel/DraftKings: These are big players in the daily fantasy sports industry. It is expected that these two names would be dominating the DFS area. DraftKings and FanDuel used to conduct contests in the state, which was later restricted by the bill. So when things get better, we can expect these two DFS marques to make a comeback.
- The Poarch Band of Creek Indians: The only tribe that was allowed to operate casino facilities in the states was The Poarch Band of Creek Indians. In 2013, the state sued the tribe and closed its casino. But it is quite certain when the state legalizes online casinos; they will be the first to jump in.
- Milton McGregor: One person who has tried with all his will and might to bring online gambling into Alabama is Milton McGregor. He is the owner of Victoryland casino and has endured many lawsuits, stoppages, and arrests in pursuit of legalizing gambling in the state. Milton McGregor will make use of the opportunity to set his foot into online gambling in Alabama.
This information is a key to the greatest Alabama Gambling experience ever. With our reviews you will get everything you need to bet on sports online safely and play casino games without any troubles in the following states:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are online casinos legal in Alabama?
- Online casino games are illegal in the state. Though there are many offshore operators in the state, it is strictly advised not to engage in any sort of illegal gambling.
- Can I bet legally on horse racing in Alabama?
- There are no physical or online sportsbooks in Alabama. The pari-mutuel gambling was long banned after 1973. Currently, there are no means to bet on horse racing in the state.
- Are sports betting legal in Alabama?
- No, currently there are now laws or regulation that has legalized sports betting in the state.
- Should I be 21 years old to have the right to play social casinos?
- Social casinos like charitable bingo are available in the state, and to play them. You have to be 21 years or older.
- Is it legal to use offshore sites for online gambling in Alabama?
- Though there are plenty of off shore sites available for gambling that claim to be legal, it is advised not to fall for them as it is a criminal offense in the state.