All You Need To Know About Online Gambling in Georgia
Georgia is widely considered as one of the states with the strict gambling laws in the country. Alaska, Hawaii, and Utah are the only states that possibly have laws more stringent than Georgia. Such is the stringency level the law enforces that even Horse-racking and Groundhog racing are prohibited within the state.
Although the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PAPSA), set up in 1992, had for years placed an embargo on legal sports betting across most states in the United States. In states like New Jersey, lots of attention was given to the legalization of sports betting. The State eventually won its US Supreme Court case in 2018 and reversed The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act. This repeal gave every state the power to set up its independent sports wagering laws.
Despite the progress in most states, Georgia has remained unflinching, and sports betting is illegal here today. The only form of gambling permitted is the state-owned lottery and limited charity gambling, which must be licensed by the Director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Its laws against gambling are absolute and binding on all forms of sportsbooks, casinos, or poker rooms. Up until 2015, two boat cruise casinos were the only providers Georgians could look up to – Emerald Princess Casino and Tradewinds Casino. The State forced out the latter after revoking it’s certificate leaving Emerald as the only possible option in the entire state.
Best Casinos To Play in USA
State’s Sports Betting History
As we already know, Georgia follows stringent rules when it comes to regulating gambling and betting rules. The state started a little late, when it comes to getting sports betting legalized. Until Tennessee, a neighbouring state, legalized it, the state did not pay much attention. Rep. Stephens has forwarded H 378 that would have legalized online casinos, sports betting and horse racing. But it failed to earn two-third votes in the legislative season.
Sports Betting in Georgia: Essential Information
If Georgia legalizes gambling within state lines, you can expect several sportsbooks to set up shop swiftly. Depending on your preferences about deposit methods or wager redemption or app user interface, you can make the choice that best suits you. If you are not sure what suits you best, considering the following will help make your mind up.
- Security: It is crucial to find out if the sportsbook is legal and regulated. Regulated sportsbooks will have strict rules they have to adhere to, ensuring that your money is safe. There are several betting sites online, but most are offshore providers, hence, difficult to trust.
- Ease of Deposit: To use an online casino, you need an easy means of making deposits. With regulated gambling sites in Georgia, you can avoid the difficulties encountered at most illegal platforms and quickly make deposits and withdrawals, securely, from your account.
- Casino games available: Slots, Table Games, Video Poker, and Live dealer games are the most common at online casinos today. Some have all, and some have one or two. Comparing these platforms to find the option with the best range of games for our taste makes your casino gambling experience more exciting.
- Promotions and Bonuses: Some casinos offer bonuses upon signing up, some provide a “no-loss” assurance to new users on their first wager and a free spin. Occasional promotions, too, can sometimes be the nudge to give an online casino a try. These are useful considerations in deciding which sportsbook to use.
- Do they have a Mobile App: Your smartphone is a big part of your daily routine today. If the casino provides a mobile platform on Android and iOS, it makes the user experience easier and more exciting.
Features Of Sports Betting Sites
After sports betting gets legalized in the state, and players get the opportunity to engage in online sports betting in Georgia, here are some of the features they should look for in the sites:
- Fantastic Welcome Bonus: The sites should offer substantial signup bonuses after signing up for the first time. These offers can be grabbed from the mobile app as well.
- Easy To Navigate: The gambling sites should be easy to navigate, so it won’t be difficult for anyone to play here.
It is essential to find the option that you can trust, with an easy means of making deposits, which provides the most markets and best odds. A mobile app will also be a fantastic advantage.
How To Register At Georgia Sportsbooks?
Signing up on Georgia online sportsbooks, will depend on the legalization. Once the legalization takes place, you can choose a new site and enter the details. After providing all the information, you need to wait for the verification to complete. Then, you can start placing bets on the Georgia betting sites.
Georgia Teams To Bet On
Players are waiting for sports betting legalization. Once that takes place, here are some of the teams that punters would love to place their bets on.
- NCAA: NCAA football is considered to be the king in the state. Since 1980, the Georgia Bulldogs have not won a national title. But they won 13 titles under the SEC.
- MLB: Compared to the other professional teams, the Atlanta Braves have achieved more success and were founded in 1871. They won the NL East division in 2019 and 2018.
- Football Betting: The state is home to many college football teams. The Georgia Southern, The University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Georgia State are all strong football teams that compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision. Some states do not allow betting on college sports teams. But for this state, it is difficult to say as sports gambling is yet not legalized.
- Georgia Horse Betting: The Hawkinsville Harness Festival and the Georgia Steeplechase are two annual horse racing events taking place in Georgia. Several attempts were made previously to make horse racing legal. But they could not make it further, and a 2020 bill of putting forward the horse racing proposal on the November ballot failed.
Georgia Sports Betting Numbers
The sports betting industry has not yet started in the state, so there are no best sportsbooks in Georgia. Once the legalization takes place, it can be predicted. However, some organizations claimed that once sports betting gets legalized in Georgia, the revenue collection could be something from $30 million to $100 million.
Sports Events To Wager On
We have to wait till legalization takes place in the state. Till then, players can just take a look at the profitable sports events that they can place bets on:
- MLS: The Major League Soccer regular season started on the 16th of April and will continue until the 7th of November. The playoffs will begin from the 19th of November till the 11th of December. By then, if Georgia online gambling becomes legal, you can bet on events.
- National Basketball Association: The sports event will begin from the 19th of October 2021 and continue until April 2022. Look for the legal sports bets in Georgia to go ahead to bet on 82 games.
Types of Bets Available in Georgia
- Money Line Bets: Money Lines is the simplest bet where you have to pick the team with the maximum chances to win the match.
- Total Line Bets: It is the second most popular bet where the operator specifies a number. It signifies both teams’ combined score, and you must decide whether the actual score will be higher or lower.
- Parlay Bets: Several bets are combined here, and to win, you have to get all of them correct. Otherwise, you won’t win the prize associated with a parlay bet.
Advantages Of Betting Online In Georgia
The advantages of Georgia online sports betting are that you can place bets from anywhere. In addition, there is no need to visit a land-based casino or any other place for wagering. Some sites allow you to place wagers while watching the match live.
DFS In This State
The DFS is unregulated in the state but still FanDuel, DraftKings, and Yahoo Fantasy is operating. In 2017, the state came close to legalization, but the Senate did not vote for it.
Sportsbooks Coming To Georgia
At this time, we cannot say which sportsbook will be coming up in the state. But definitely, FanDuel, DraftKings, and other popular brands will start their operation after legalization.
Casino Games Available in Georgia
While any hope of casino gambling in Georgia happening in the foreseeable future shouldn’t carry any weight, it is useful to know the popular games at online casinos in other US states. If ever casino gambling were to come to Georgia, these are the games you can expect and more.
- Slot Games: They remain the gold standard for games at most casinos worldwide. Most casinos have more slot machines than other games, and there are so many different types. Examples include Divine Fortune, Cleopatra, Siberian storm, Double Play SuperBet
Foxin’ Wins, Foxin’ Wins Again, Foxin’ Wins Football Fever, and Foxin’ Twins. And many slot games are added by the day.
- Table games: Blackjack is by far the most popular table games with many variants – Multihand Blackjack, Atlantic City Blackjack Multihand, Atlantic City Blackjack single hand micro-limits, and Infinity Blackjack are a few. Roulette (French Roulette and 3 Wheel Roulette are a few), Baccarat, Three Card Poker, Mississippi Stud, Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em are other popular table games available at most casinos.
- Video poker: This is an excellent choice for gamblers who love strategy-based games but cannot compete at live poker tables. Most casinos offer a reliable list of options to users. Some of them are Game King Video Poker, Triple Play Draw Poker Multihand, Double Regal Poker, and Double Double Regal Poker.
- Live Dealer Games:Some people love the option of playing real money casino games at home but also enjoy certain aspects of physical gambling that you don’t get with the virtual types. This is why there are live dealer games, and modern-day casinos offer live dealer games where players can place real money wagers on Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, 3 Card Poker, and Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em games.
Latest Sports Betting News In Georgia
At the last minute, the bill for sports betting law was declined and failed in the legislative season of 2021. If this had been approved, players could have expected Georgia sports betting apps in 2022. We can wait and see what happens in the next season.
The future of online gambling in Georgia for the foreseeable future is bleak. The concept remains so foreign to the state that even recent legislative bills brought forward were careful not to suggest the word “casino” or “gambling” in the brief. The coronavirus pandemic has not done much to alter this landscape, and betting enthusiasts might be better served frequenting states where online gambling is permitted.
Information is a key to the greatest gambling experience ever. With our reviews you will get everything you need to bet on sports online safely and play casino games without any troubles in the following states:
- Are online casinos legal in Georgia?
- No, they are not.
- Will I have to live in this state to bet if it allows gambling soon?
- Each state has its independent gambling laws, and the state you live in will determine whether you can place wagers or not.
- Why is sports betting not legal in Georgia?
- There is no bill regulating sports betting in Georgia, hence it is illegal.
- Should I be 21 years old to have the right to play social casinos?
- Social casinos are not permitted within state lines, irrespective of the age.
- Is it legal to use European sites for online gambling in Georgia?
- No, it is not.
- How can I start placing bets in Georgia?
- By signing up on Georgia sportsbooks, you can wager on many events.
- Who can bet on sports in Georgia?
- Individuals who attain the age requirements can register on the website.
- Who oversees sports betting in Georgia?
- Since the legalization has not yet taken place, it is difficult to say about this. But as per the news, the Georgia Professional Sports Integrity Alliance is expected to oversee sports betting.
- Can I bet on sports with my smartphone in Georgia?
- No, you can not bet through a smartphone.
- Is Daily Fantasy Sports betting allowed in Georgia?
- DFS is unregulated, but many sites like FanDuel, DraftKings, etc., are operating.
- Is eSports betting allowed in Georgia?
- No, it is not.
- How much revenue does sports betting generate in Georgia?
- The legalization has not taken place yet, so there is no revenue collection yet.
- Do I have to be a Georgia state's resident to play?
- No, you do not have to be a Georgia resident to gamble.
- Do I have to be inside the Georgia state to play?
- Yes, you have to be inside the state to play.
- What are the age requirements to bet on sports in Georgia?
- In most of the states, it is 21 years. So in Georgia also, it could be the same.