Minnesota Online Gambling Industry Review
The gambling history in this state is closely related to their Native American tribes. In the past, they were the premier state to negotiate compacts under the Indian Gambling Regulatory Act of 1998. There was no form of tax contribution from their gaming activities. However, the government cannot renegotiate a deal without approval from the tribes. The need for this permission seems to be one of the main problems of the state. However, bettors hope to see improvements in a few years.
Is Online Gambling Legal in Minnesota?
In the meantime, the state has stringent rules guiding online betting. However, some areas of Minnesota also have flexible rules. In the year 2013, lawmakers in the government allowed the state lottery to provide online ticket purchasing. The idea was that people in the state who were typically uninterested would find a high-interest level in the program. Unfortunately, it was canceled in 2015. The good thing about this state is that there is a high level of opportunities, especially when discussing Daily Fantasy Sports. Moreover, the legislature is considering allowing a few real money casino sites like FanDuel and DraftKings.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Gambling Site
There are a few things to consider before choosing a gambling site. Bettors who want to get the best experience while gambling need to weigh every one of these features properly. Hopefully, when Minnesota approves online gambling, these are the vital things to look into:
- Banking methods: The most important thing is that your platform supports trusted and standard banking methods. Examples of the most reputable deposits and withdrawals options are MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, and more.
- Security: The security level of any online betting platform is vital. So, before you go ahead on choosing a site in Minnesota, check out their security standards. How do they handle your private information? It would help if you didn’t deal with Minnesota online gambling sites that don’t have an adequate security level.
- Promotions and Bonuses: Bonuses and promotions are the first things punters should look out for in a site. Without them, bettors would be unable to have the best experiences. Look out for their welcome bonuses, deposit bonuses, no deposit bonuses, and more.
- Reputation and Legalization: Do you trust the website that you’re picking? There’s no way to understand the capacity of a platform unless you do a bit of research. Try to be sure that they have a good reputation in the industry. Most importantly, confirm their legal status. If the platform is legalized in your state, you can go ahead. Sites without a license shouldn’t be picked. Platforms that are not licensed and regulated are not legal for online wagering.
- Loyalty programs: You’d notice loyalty programs are common among poker sites. Bettors that stick to a platform can enjoy their loyalty programs. “Bonuses and promotions” are similar to loyalty programs. Although, these are for the punters that regularly play for real money bets.
- Customer support: Along the line, while gambling on the online platform, you may face some challenges. At those points, you should be able to reach a support line to provide help. Check if the site you’re about to pick provides that service for bettors.
- Choice of games: All punters have a particular type of game they love. In most cases, regular bettors have lots of games they prefer to some others. You can consider this as one of the most important things to analyze. Once the prospective site satisfies you in this category, then go ahead to enjoy their deals.
- Apps: Mobile casino apps make things a lot easier. With them, you can wager on games anywhere. You can play them in the comfort of your home or anywhere else. Ensure that their applications are user-friendly.
- Software: Just as apps are crucial, the software is essential too. First, you need to confirm if the Minnesota online gambling platform provides them for bettors. Moreover, verify if the site doesn’t have navigation issues or any other problems that can cause a level of inconvenience on your path. In most platforms, there’s always a geo-location software that confirms your region.
Minnesota Tribal Land-Based Casinos, Daily Fantasy Sports And Lottery
This state provides one of the highest numbers of land-based casinos. There are about 18 different land-based casinos in Minnesota. However, some of them are small, with only a few slots available. Here’s a list of the largest land-based casinos:
- Island Resort & Casino
- Black Bear Casino Resort
- Mystic Lake Casino Hotel Treasure
- Grand Casino Hinckley
- Grand Casino Mille Lacs
Regarding DFS, a bill to legalize this is still under strong consideration in the legislature for DraftKings and FanDuel. Bettors can enjoy lotteries as both in-state and multi-state drawings.
Social Casinos That Are Offered in Minnesota
It’s a good thing that social casinos are legal in Minnesota. Punters can choose from Chumba or LuckyLand casinos and enjoy their unique benefits. Bettors can play them any time and anywhere, just like some of the typical gambling platforms.
- Chumba: They accept players from Minnesota and other states in the US. Upon registration, bettors can get 2,000,000 Gold Coins, and Bonus 2 Sweeps Coins Free. These are fantastic deals for players in the United States.
- LuckyLand: Here, you can get 10 Free Sweeps Coins upon registration. An added advantage is the $10 Gold Coin Package on the first purchase of $4.99. Besides, they also accept players in the US, including Minnesota.
Casino Games that Should Be Expected in Minnesota
If we’ll be lucky to have online casino betting legalized in the state, we hope to enjoy some games. Most of the US’s top platforms will take hold of the opportunity almost immediately and start operation. Here are the top predictions for online casino games:
- Slot games
- Legal Online Poker
Latest News on Online Gambling in Minnesota
The legalization of sports betting may become a reality soon enough in the state of Minnesota. We look into the possibility of the region entering legal gambling via DFS in the nearest future. The entire process of legalization continues to be dragged in the state. Bills proposed within 2019 and 2020 should have legalized sports betting but that hasn’t happened. In other words, all the bills that should have been passed weren’t passed at all.
In the meantime, online casinos are not legal in the state of Minnesota. However, bettors have their hopes high and expect legalization soon.
The typical betting that lots of states engage in is not allowed in Minnesota. However, wagering on horse racing is permitted. Please note that this can be changed.
The appropriate age for participation in gambling is 21. For the sake of safety, ensure that you're that age or above.
It is entirely illegal to use them for betting in the region.