The Ultimate Guide to Gambling Online in Alaska
The United States has embraced online gambling wholeheartedly, but some states have not yet embraced the perks of gambling. Alaska is one such state that has not approved legal gambling. Alaska online gambling is still in a dangling situation. The state has not legalized any poker or casino app, online wagering of any sort, so you cannot gamble for real money other than on land-based casinos or charitable gaming programs. The Alaska Gaming Reform Act includes the legalization of slot machines, and charitable games like bingo, pull-tabs, raffles, etc.
The state is particularly conservative about the legalization of online gambling. Be it horse racing betting, online lottery, casino, or social gambling, Alaska has turned a cold face towards the legalization of gambling. There have been many attempts made in the past to improve things, but every effort went into vain. Apart from the land-based slot machines and charitable gaming, there is nothing you can play online.
Alaska Gambling and Casinos Laws
Alaska is a tiny state with a huge prominence to culture and religion. One of the major reasons behind the restriction on online wagering is the protection of religious sentiments. The lack of commitment and determination for large-scale gaming in the state is another big reason that we can point out Alaska gambling regulations.
The state’s oil industry is the biggest revenue contributor, and the residents are not looking to expand their horizons. The revenue from online gambling will be equal to the dollars made by the oil industry. It is just a matter of the right investment and time to harness the potential of gambling in the state. We can expect that Alaska positively contributes to the United States’ online gambling industry in the coming years.
What To Look in an Online Casino?
Currently, there are no Alaska gambling sites, but this will not be the situation forever. In the coming years, you can witness some reliable real money casino sites emerging in the state. With the abundance of options available, it might become difficult to make a decision. Here are a few tips that you must keep handy while making a selection.
- Always prefer sites with a wide range of deposits and withdrawals methods.
- Check whether the site is secured and offer 24/7 customer support to the players.
- Never settle for anything less than the best. Make sure the site provides welcome bonuses and promotions to keep you rewarded.
- Ascertain the operator’s license as well to know the veracity and credibility of the platform.
- You must have a variety of casino games to play, as switching between sites is quite discomforting.
- The casino you are inclined to must has its mobile casino compatible with Android and iOS operating systems.
- Ensure a reputable software provider powers the casino.
Is Social Casino Games Legal In The State?
No Alaska online gambling sites are operating in the state. Apart from the land-based casinos, slot machines, tribal casinos, and charitable games, you cannot play any sort of online social games. You cannot play for real money online on live poker rooms, but there are home poker games that are played in a social setting.
Which Big Players Will Be Entering The Alaska Online Gambling?
The current situation will not remain the same forever. Things will get better when the state legalizes online gambling. Once it is legal, we can expect some key players to enter the market, including:
Offering the players with amazing welcome bonuses, Vegas Casino has managed to bag a huge reputation in the US casino market. When Alaska introduces online gambling, Vegas Casino is expected to remain a dominating name.
FanDuel and DraftKings
When it comes to daily fantasy sports, only two dominating names are predicted to establish their prominence in the state. FanDuel and DraftKings are the two of the biggest DFS operators in the United States, and only they can uplift the DFS market in the state with their credibility.
There is also huge scope for sports betting in Alaska once gambling is legal. Caesars Sports is a popular sportsbook in the United States that is quite popular among the bettors. It is expected that Caesars will be able to embrace the opportunity and bring sports betting into action. There have been many US states who have welcomed Caesars Sports after legalizing gambling.
Results of The 2020 US Presidential Election & Alaska Gambling
In the wake of the presidential results, it can be asserted that Alaska might witness some changes in its current situation. However, Joe Biden hasn’t made any comments on the online gambling situation in the country. It is anticipated that Trump would have been tapping on the demand for online gambling in the country and considering its revenue to legalize gambling in Alaska. There’s nothing much that can be highlighted on this matter.
Biden Administration Can Impact on Alaska Gaming Regulations
As stated before, Alaska has been notoriously conservative in its stance on online gambling legalization. Due to cultural and religious reasons, Alaska has never fully committed to setting up a legal and regulated online gambling model. However, there are hopes that the newly elected Biden Administration can change that. If change is effected at the Federal level, then there are hopes that the state legislators can also follow through on their part. The laws need to be changed at the grassroot level if any worthwhile change is to be expected.
Information is a key to the greatest gambling experience ever. With our reviews you will get everything you need to bet on sports online safely and play casino games without any troubles in the following states:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I gamble online in Alaska?
- No, currently, online casinos are not legal in the state. You can play land-based slot machines and charitable games.
- Can I bet legally on horse racing in Alaska?
- The state is currently not offering legal betting on any sports, including horse racing. So, no, there is no luck for you in the state for race betting.
- Is sports betting legal in Alaska?
- No, sports betting is banned, and any sort of sports betting is considered illegal in the state.
- Should I be 21 years old to have the right to play in a social casino?
- There are no social casinos in the state, but you will have to be at least 21 years old when it does. You would need to complete the age verification process to make yourself eligible.
- Is it legal to use offshore sites for online gambling in Alaska?
- There might be many offshore sites for you to gamble, but it is illegal to gamble in the state and strictly prohibited.