Best Review on Online Gambling in Connecticut
Online gambling is slowly gaining popularity across the United States, and many states are legalizing it. The laws of gambling vary from one state to another, and Connecticut is the recent one to add to the list. Citizens, waiting for the legalization of online gambling and sports betting can now play by signing up at the top online gambling sites. Some brands have come up, and in the future, many more will come. Our Gamblerzz team is professional and writes good reviews, which will help our players to decide where to gamble. On this page, we have included information like the legalization, online sportsbooks to play, casinos, games, registration process, etc. This detail will help our bettors place sports bets on different events and gamble on different casino games. Let’s start reading this article now.
Best US Online Casinos
Legalization Of Online Sports Betting In CT
Here are the details of how the legalization of online sports betting and gambling took place in Connecticut. Take a look!
- The 5th of March 2020: By doubling down on the advocacy for online sports betting agreement, Ned Lamont, the Governor, makes the position clear on sports betting. In the legislature, two sports betting bills are active, including one from Cathy Osten, State Sen. It authorizes online casino gaming. But without the tribes’ involvement, there is a high chance of spinning the wheels by lawmakers.
- The 14th of January 2021: The lawmakers have filed a bill authorizing two tribal entities to offer online gambling and sports betting. An important thing about SB146 is the legalization of iGaming in the process in this state.
- The 11th of February 2021: Lamont has acknowledged iGaming, which comprises sports betting in this state, by predicting gaming revenue. It was included in the 2021 budget proposal, and he also filed a bill specifying the expansion of tribal compacts with the Mohegan and the Mashantucket Pequot. It includes both online casino gambling and sports betting. Eventually, the bill became HB6451.
- The 18th of March 2021: With the Mashantucket Pequot, Lamont comes to an agreement that signifies the plan’s layout. It includes the owners of Foxwoods in sports betting plans of CT. Before two weeks later, Ned Lamont had formed an agreement with the Mohegan tribe.
- The 13th of May 2021: To get an online sports betting partner, the Connecticut Lottery has asked four sportsbook companies to give a response to the RFP. With trial licenses committed to their partners, it is the last chance for other providers to step into the Connecticut market. However, the process has already reduced the number of applicants from 15 to four.
- The 25th of May 2021: The Senate passed HB6451 a week after the approval in the house. If the bill turns into a law, it will authorize Ned Lamont to renegotiate compacts with the two tribes in this state, the Mohegan and the Mashantucket Pequot.
- The 27th of May 2021: The Governor has signed the bill, HB6451, to turn it into a law setting the final stage of igaming in the state. It also includes sports betting, and the three licensees will be the Connecticut Lottery and the two federally recognized Native American tribes. It will now gain access regarding the compact adjustments from the US Department.
- The 11th of June 2021: The bidding time for the final online sports betting skin in CT has ended, and in the end, there is a big decision to be made by the Connecticut Lottery. Four sportsbooks were asked to give the binding proposals, and the 28th of June is the date to pick the lottery.
- The 7th of July 2021: After a deal gets finalized with the Mohegan Sun, FanDuel Sportsbook will come up in the state. After Kami revealed that it would be providing sports betting in CT, the deal was presented. It happens after amending the agreement of 2019.
- The 12th of August 2021: Rush Street Interactive was picked as the online sports betting partner of the Connecticut Lottery, beating four bidders. By the early NFL regular season, it was expected to take place as per Chair Rob Simmelkjaer. The regulations and compact of the amendment for the market still needed approval at that time.
- The 9th of September: The US Department of the Interior approved signing the new tribal gaming compacts. As per expectations, the market is ready to go live in October as per Gov. Lamont. It includes both online sports betting and gambling.
- The 15th of September 2021: The amended compact between the Mohegan Indians and Connecticut was published in the Federal Register. To take effect, it was a necessary step. It indicates that by the third week of the NFL season, retail sports betting will be launched.
- The 29th of September 2021: DraftKings announced plans to launch retail sports betting at Foxwoods on the 30th of September after the amendment was published in the Federal Register. On the 7th of October, online sports betting is expected to come live.
- The 30th of September 2021: At Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casino, FanDuel and DraftKings opened the retail sportsbook, respectively. By early October, the Connecticut Lottery is expected to launch the online and retail sportsbooks.
- The 5th of October 2021: As per the Department of Consumer Protection, a spokesperson revealed that on the 7th of October, the online applications for online sportsbooks wouldn’t be launched. It happened because of the delay in the gaming compacts publication at the federal levels.
- The 12th of October 2021: Presently, the online sportsbooks are live in this state for at least seven days. All of them are under a soft-launch period, with 750 bettors limited to every site.
- The 14th of October 2021: PlaySugarHouse, Connecticut Lottery’s soft launch betting site, is doing good as per its president, Greg Smith. On the first two days, gamers have deposited $60,000 with withdrawals.
- The 19th of October 2021: The three sports betting apps are now operating in Connecticut after the soft launch.
Sports Betting in Connecticut: Info to Consider
Now that sports betting has been legalized, you can look for some information based on which are the sites that can be picked to play. Depending on your preferences about deposit methods or wager redemption or app user interface, you can make the choice that best suits you. If you are not sure what suits you best, considering the following will help make your mind up. Security (It is crucial to find out if the sportsbook is legal and regulated), Ease of Deposit (To use an online casino, you need a comfortable and secure means of making deposits), Casino games available (There are a host of common slots and table games at most online casinos, live dealer games and exclusive games are a plus), Promotions and Bonuses (Some casinos offer bonuses upon signing up, some provide a “no-loss” assurance to new users on their first wager as well as a few other bonuses), If they have a Mobile App (If the casino provides a mobile app that can be downloaded, it makes the user experience easier and more exciting) are all significant considerations to make. It is essential to find the option that you can trust, with an easy means of making deposits, which provides the most markets and best odds. A mobile app will also be a fantastic advantage.
Current Situation With Gambling in Connecticut
Online casinos are legally operating in this state now, and the citizens can gamble on different games. Two online gambling sites went live on the 19th of October in CT after a soft-launch period. They are Mohegan Sun and DraftKings, offering online games like Cleopatra, Divine Fortune, and Starburst. Several other games like baccarat, blackjack and other table games are present as well. Additionally, you will expect welcome bonuses with other offers while betting.
Social Casinos in Connecticut
Social casinos are platforms, usually online, where players can play popular casino games with their friends. The games are primarily for the purpose of entertainment, and despite the name, players cannot wager or cash out with real money, which is why the law does not consider a type of gambling. Thus, Social Casinos operate legally with Connecticut, and some of these use the sweepstake model. Chumba Casino and LuckyLand Slots are two of the most popular sweepstake online casinos in the country. At sweepstakes, when you purchase Gold coins at sweepstakes, you will be gifted with sweepstake cash, but you cannot purchase this directly for money.
Chumba Casino has served Americans and Canadians for many years. Players can wager online at their platform using virtual Gold coins purchased on their site. New players receive a bonus of 2 million Gold Coins, and 2 sweeps coins free once they sign up. There are an additional 3 million gold coins plus free 30 sweep coins for your first purchase of $10. The platform also hosts occasional promotions for players to win free sweeps cash.
LuckyLand Slots is a little less popular than Chumba casino but not far behind after they launched within the past year. Their promotions and bonus offers are generally better than that of Chumba Casino, and they also reward players with sweeps cash for things like daily log-ins. New players receive 10 sweeps coins free once they sign up. The platform is available on Android App, Desktop, and iOS Web catering for a vast audience.
How To Register At Connecticut Sportsbooks?
Before getting started with online betting, you have to complete the registration process. You can pick one of the sites like SugarHouse, DraftKings, FanDuel, and click on the signup button to fill in the registration form. It includes details like first and last name, birthdate, home address, email, phone, and Social Security Number (last four digits). You must also enter a password and username and answer a security question. After that, your account is created, and you can start placing bets on the upcoming events. The process can be completed through the website or by downloading the application.
Sports Betting Sites In CT
- FanDuel Sportsbook: It is a licensed sportsbook that offers a welcome bonus of up to CA$1000, and no promo code is needed to claim the offer. In October 2021, FanDuel started its operation in the state. It has a user-friendly site and an application compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- SugarHouse Sportsbook: SugarHouse Sportsbook gives a 100% match deposit bonus of up to $250. It has an easy-to-clear signup bonus and loyalty program package. There is a shared wallet with the online casino as well. There is no promo code, which means that you can claim the bonus amount by directly making the deposit.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: Another reputed online sportsbook with a match deposit bonus of $1000 and a free bet of $50. The site has brackets and pools with a wide range of wagering markets. There is a shared wallet with the online casino and the DFS.
Connecticut Teams To Bet On
- Pro Sports Teams: The state had an NHL team, the Hartford Whalers, which moved to North Carolina in 1997. After that, it has a lone professional sports team, which is a WNBA franchise.
- Connecticut Sun: In 1999, it joined the WNBA to expand the team and was earlier known by the Orlando Miracle. In 2003, it was sold to the Mohegan Indian Tribe.
- Bridgeport Islanders: Earlier known as Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Bridgeport Islanders, are a professional ice hockey team in the AHL. They started playing in the season 2001 to 2002, and the Islanders purchased them in 2004. Bridgeport Islanders play home games at the Webster Bank Arena, and the team is from Bridgeport, Connecticut.
- Hartford Yard Goats: The team is a Minor League Baseball based in Hartford, CT. They played in the Double-A Northeast and were founded in 2016. Dunkin’ Donuts Park is their home stadium, and from 1983 to 2020, the team was a member of the Eastern League.
College Sports Teams
- Connecticut Huskies Football: The Huskies are the only Division I FBS football program in the state. UConn started the two-year transition in 2000, and finally, in 2004, they joined The Big East.
- Connecticut Huskies Men’s Basketball: They are four-time National Champion and 33 NCAA Tournament appearances. Huskies have ten Big East regular-season championships.
DFS In CT
The state passed a bill in 2018 that legalized Daily Fantasy Sports in Connecticut. FanDuel and DraftKings are the two biggest DFS hitters on the American market, and they both operate fully within the state. The Department of Consumer Protection regulates their activities. Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment and FanDuel have come forward to offer sports betting in the state. This partnership includes Daily Fantasy Sports and iGaming.
Sports Events To Bet On
- National Hockey League: The NHL will begin on the 12th of October 2021 and will go on till June 2022. By then, the launch of the sportsbooks will happen, and players can bet on sports in Connecticut.
- National Basketball Association: The tournament will start from the 19th of October 2021 and continue until April 2022. Check out the legal sports bets in Connecticut to wager on 30 teams and 82 games.
Types of Bets Available
- Straight Bets: Here, you place a wager on favorites or underdogs to get the points. Making the correct predictions will give you the prize.
- Moneyline Bets: Pick a team you think will win today’s event and take the rewards after winning.
- Teaser Bets: It is a twist to a parlay bet, and to win, you do not need to get all of the wagers correct.
State Sports Betting Numbers
Now that the launch has taken place, the numbers will grow each passing day. As per projections made by PlayCT, the betting handle in this state is expected to cross the mark of $1.5 million annually. By the third year of operation, the state will cross the $100 million. If these numbers are true, the state tax revenue will grow by $14 million by 2024.
Future of Online Gambling CT
Legally, online gambling has begun operations in this state, and fans can wager on their favorite sports. WIth two tribal casinos, the quasi-public lottery of the state has revealed that there will be 15 locations for retail and online sports betting in the coming times. By these numbers, you can understand the number of bettors available for gambling and how much the jobs and additional tax revenue will increase.
Connecticut betting fans can now start wagering on their favorite sports events by signing up at any of the legal sports betting sites. Additionally, they should check the welcome bonuses and grab the offers to play for free.
Information is a key to the greatest gambling experience ever. With our reviews you will get everything you need to bet on sports online safely and play casino games without any troubles in the following states:
- Are online casinos legal in Connecticut?
- Yes, online casinos are legal in this state and many brands are operating where gamers can play.
- Is sports betting legal in Connecticut?
- Yes, sports betting is also legal in CT.
- Can I play DFS in Connecticut?
- Yes, you can. DFS franchises DraftKings and FanDuel legally operate within the state and are available to residents.
- Should I be 21 years old to have the right to play casino games?
- The minimum age requirement for any form of gambling within the state is 21 years
- Why can I find offers from online casinos in Connecticut if they are not legal?
- Most of these casinos are offshore casinos, not regulated within the US; hence their operations are not legal. However, you may receive offers from them.
- How can I start placing bets in Connecticut?
- By signing up on a licensed sportsbook, you can start placing bets on different events.
- Who can bet on sports in Connecticut?
- Individuals who have attained 21 years of age can place wagers on the sports events.
- Who oversees sports betting in Connecticut?
- The Mohegan Tribe and The Mashantucket Pequot Tribe will oversee sports betting in CT.
- Can I bet on sports with my smartphone in Connecticut?
- Yes, you can bet, after downloading the application from Android or Apple Play Store.
- How do I get started with sports betting in Connecticut?
- To start with betting, you have first to complete the registration process.
- Are Daily Fantasy Sports betting allowed in Connecticut?
- Yes, DFS is allowed in the state.
- Is eSports betting allowed in Connecticut?
- Yes, it is allowed, but some sportsbooks have come up where you can place wagers.
- How much revenue does sports betting generate in Connecticut?
- The state will produce over $1.5 billion in online and retail sports betting by the third year.
- Are FanDuel and DraftKings legal in Connecticut?
- They are legal in the state, but both brands are ready to launch in a few months, following which players can gamble.
- How do I download a sportsbook app?
- To download an app, players can proceed to the Apple or Google Play STore.
- Do I have to be a Connecticut state’s resident to play?
- No, you do not have to be a state resident to bet on sports events.
- Do I have to be inside the Connecticut state to play?
- Yes, you have to be in CT to bet on sports events.
- Can I bet on sports legally in all states?
- Yes, you can bet on sports legally in all states where sports betting is accepted by legal authorities.