Live Dealer Baccarat in US: Play Today for Real Money
If you are an avid casino games lover, you’ve probably heard all about baccarat and you’re now looking for the best online casino to play this game. If you’ve never played it but want to try – don’t worry. After all, baccarat is a fan favorite because it’s both simple and engaging. All you have to do is place one of the three possible bets and let the live dealer do the rest. The best feature of baccarat is that you either win or lose based on pure luck. It is as simple as that, although there are many variations with more advanced rules and conditions. As a US resident, you can find all types of live dealer baccarat games in different online casinos. However, before you try your luck playing Baccarat live for real money, read this comprehensive live baccarat guide on playing baccarat for real money in 2022. You will find here full information about live dealer baccarat in different states, live baccarat rules and strategy, as well as the best live Baccarat casinos in the US.
Best Casinos to Play Baccarat
Playing Online Baccarat in US
As one of the genres of online casino games, live dealer baccarat is not legal everywhere in the U.S. You can play it in states where online casinos are legalized and licensed. As of now, these states are New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. However, residents of other states should not despair. There are numerous off-shore online casinos that you can legally access in most states. As it is, those who want to play live baccarat in the US have plenty of options to choose from. Read on our comprehensive live baccarat guide to find out the best places to play baccarat live for real money.
Gambling at Best Live Baccarat Casinos in US
Choosing a reputable online casino to play live dealer games is as important as knowing the game rules. Today, a big number of online casinos offer live baccarat games. Among these are household names such as Golden Nugget, BetMGM, Borgata, 888 Casino, DraftKings, to name a few. Each of these online casinos carries a good reputation and is generous with its clients. However, when choosing where to play for real money, there are certain criteria to consider:
- Welcome and no-deposit bonuses: New player offers and no-deposit bonuses are a given in the competitive online gambling market. Online casinos do their best to attract more clients with generous offers. For example, Golden Nugget will give you a $10 free bonus and a 100% deposit bonus up to $1000, while BetMGM offers as much as $25 and a 100% deposit match up to $1000. Many casinos offer additional free slot spins and regular promotions. Don’t forget to check the terms and conditions for bonuses and minimum bet amounts. For example, BetFair live dealer baccarat has a $1 minimum bet and a $200 maximum bet limit.
- Safety: Online gambling is known for its risks and dangers. While choosing a reliable casino is a must, you should also remember about standard measures of safety. Play only on a trusted Wi-Fi connection and use approved methods of deposit and withdrawal at online casinos. We recommend conducting your gambling transactions through reputable payment systems such as Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, and others. Moreover, many online casinos such as Sugar House or Golden Nugget offer assistance on responsible gambling and allow you to set limits on your gambling activities.
- Licensing: When playing online casino games for real money, you should always use trusted gaming providers only. Online casinos for US gamblers such as Party Casino, 888, and others are safe options as they partner with reputable brick-and-mortar casinos.
- Players feedback: It is always important to look at the user reviews of any online casino. There may be some hidden or unexpected issues you want to avoid that only experienced clients of the casino may know about. At the same time, look for patterns in player responses instead of single comments. After all, player experiences can be very subjective.
- Jackpots: Many online casinos offer progressive jackpots on baccarat games and other live dealer games. Although having the opportunity to win a jackpot is appealing, this is not the most important thing to consider when choosing an online casino.
- Loyalty Program: There are not many options for legally licensed and regulated online casinos in the US. Therefore, casinos want to make sure that you keep coming for more games on their website. With welcome bonuses, there is sometimes a catch. However, with a good loyalty program, the casino will let you play and win more. All of the online casinos mentioned above offer generous promotions. For example, SugarHouse casino has a system of rewards known as iRush Rewards program. You can win cash prizes, bonuses, gifts, as well as exclusive event offers both online and with the casino’s land-based partners.
- Software: Most online live casinos mentioned in our comprehensive live baccarat guide use top-notch gaming software from reputable providers. When playing live dealer baccarat, GAN, NetSoft, GVC, and SBTech offer the best quality of game.
Learn Basic Rules of Live Baccarat
For those new to baccarat, there’s nothing complicated about the game. In fact, your main goal in this game is as simple as can be – to place a lucky winning bet. Here’s a brief overview of the principle and the rules of live baccarat. The baccarat dealer typically uses 8 decks of cards from a shoe to deal two hands: Player and Banker. You can place your bet on Player, Banker, or Tie. The winning hand is the one which is the closest in value to nine. Cards from 1 to 9 hold their value, aces count as one, while tens and pictures count as zero. If the number of two cards exceeds nine, the first one is dropped.
Live dealer baccarat is not much different from online baccarat in terms. However, live baccarat is much more engaging because of the human dealers who you can interact with through the live chat. This way, you don’t simply play with a computer. Instead, you can see the live game and participate in the process. Moreover, with live dealer baccarat, there are fewer concerns that the game is rigged. When choosing a live baccarat game, pay attention to certain aspects. Although the principle of the game does not change, there are features that can make one online casinos live dealer baccarat more enjoyable than the other’s. Look for live baccarat games with high quality of video translation and a charming dealer with a clear and engaging speech. Another sign of a quality live baccarat game is the dealer’s friendly interaction with the players with the help of a live chat.
Most Popular Baccarat Games
As you are familiar with the basic rules of a baccarat game, let us briefly review this fan-favorite casino game’s most popular variations.
Punto Banco variation of baccarat originated from Cuba and has the highest number of players. It is also the most common version of baccarat adapted for online casino platforms. The main principle is that the casino always represents the Banker (Banco) and deals the cards. As a player (Punto), you only have to place a bet against the dealer (the casino) to have a chance of winning.
Mini Baccarat is popular for its simplified rules and lowest bet rates. As a beginner in live baccarat, this variation is a great option for you. The game can host up to 7 players and has one croupier that represents both the dealer and Banker.
Super 6 Baccarat
This variation of baccarat does not significantly differ from standard baccarat. However, there are specific conditions at play. Namely, you get a Super 6 side-bet. The goal is to win the bet on a Banker’s hand with a value of 6. There are also specific rules for bet payouts. Super 6 side-bets have odds of 12:1. Without a Super 6 variation, the winning banker’s hand only pays 50%.
EZ baccarat follows the standard rules of baccarat with a special feature. EZ baccarat adds a winning Bank hand that reaches the value of 7 with three cards. This is known as the Dragon 7 bet and it pays 40:1. Banker and Player wagers equally pay 1:1. The game can have up to 14 players and the dealer position is not fixed.
Chemin De Fer
Did you know that ‘Chemin de Fer’ is French for ‘railway’? It is also the name of the original baccarat game. In this variation, there are multiple players known as ‘pointers’ and a dealer. Each player can be a dealer and represent the Banker. The goal of other players is to bet against the dealer and take over the bank.
Baccarat Betting Odds
Although odds and types of bets may differ based on the online casino you play at and the variation of baccarat itself, there are standard rules and ratios. Most casinos will offer standard Banker, Player, and Tie bets with the following ratio:
- Banker – 1:0,95
- Player – 1:1
- Tie – 1:8
Additionally, there are different side bets on certain baccarat game variations. For example, Golden Nugget Casino live dealer baccarat has a famous Dragon Bonus bet. You can win this bonus bet if your hand is a Natural 7, 8, or 9.
Strategy or Luck: Live Dealer Baccarat Bets
Proficient baccarat players know that the best strategy in baccarat is to calculate the odds and the house edge on each bet. While every round of live baccarat game is an isolated event with only three possible outcomes, there are general rules of thumb you can follow to win real money consistently. Betting on Banker is your safest bet in baccarat as the house edge on this wager is the lowest. There is, however, usually a 5% commission on this type of baccarat bet. While a Tie bet in a live baccarat game has the highest payout, it also has the lowest odds of only 9%. With a house edge of 14.36%, you are less likely to win big than lose money on a Tie bet. Trying to calculate card combinations in a standard 8-deck live baccarat game is not advised. Choose live deal baccarat games with fewer decks.
Mobile Live Baccarat: Where and How to Play
Playing live baccarat live on your smartphone is a convenience you can enjoy with many online gambling platforms in the US. Online casinos know all about players’ preferences and make sure to provide them with an opportunity to enjoy gambling on the go. Most mentioned reputable casinos offer instant play options, downloadable software, as well as mobile-supported platforms and apps. Playing mobile live baccarat is as easy as doing it on your computer. After all, you only need to have a deposit and choose a bet. It is crucial to have a strong and reliable Internet connection for live baccarat video streaming. Moreover, make sure that your phone battery is charged to avoid missing out on your lucky bet.
What Types of Baccarat Bonuses are Offered at Online Casinos
Online casinos offer many welcome and no-deposit bonuses. They also frequently make special offers on particular games including baccarat. Baccarat bonuses can include both no deposit and deposit bonuses. You can either use a free bonus to play baccarat or get a match on your deposit for more rounds of the game. Many baccarat games also offer a re-bet option which you can use to double your winnings by repeating your lucky bet. Online casinos rarely have cashback bonuses on live baccarat. However, you can look out for particular opportunities from promotions of the online casino of your choice.
Pluses and Minuses of Live Dealer Baccarat
- Simple gameplay and great chances of winning big.
- Human dealers that make the game livelier and more engaging
- Live chats for communication with the baccarat dealer make your experience more engaging and personalized.
- You can’t play live dealer baccarat for free.
- Not as many options as online computer baccarat for US players.
- The game process can be slower in live dealer baccarat than in its online versions.
Do you wonder what casinos are available in the US? We have prepared all needed information in our online casino reviews to be sure that you will make the right choice.
Live dealer baccarat, along with other online casino games, is legal in three states where online casinos are allowed by law: Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Online gamblers in other states will have to use offshore online casinos to play live dealer baccarat at their own discretion.
Before you decide to play baccarat live for real money, you can try playing the game for free. Many reputable online casinos offer free versions of online baccarat games where you can test your luck and strategy. However, if you want to play live dealer baccarat, you will need to play with real money.
Live dealer baccarat games are available in many compatible mobile casinos. Playing live baccarat on your mobile is just as convenient and fun as on your desktop.
There are certain simple rules that players of live baccarat can follow to increase the chances of winning. Avoiding Tie bets or side bets and betting on Banker are the general rules of thumb for expert baccarat players.
It is possible for live baccarat games to be rigged at an online casino. This is why it is important to use only reputable, legally licensed and regulated online casinos to play live baccarat. You can also look for other signs that the baccarat game is legit, such as the live croupier’s general behavior and communication with players.