Real Money Online Baccarat Casinos Review
Years ago, Baccarat games were played only by high rollers where instead of a $1 per stake, $100 bets were placed. During those times this game was the only one in roped-off sections in casinos to avoid distraction from casino-goers. One of the most straightforward and simplest games, yet one that carries prestige is playing Baccarat online for real money. It is a table game that was played among the elite, not for its complexity but its exclusivity and this carries on in casino games. From digital versions among casino slot games to Live Baccarat, this game has an excellent house edge with very little skill required.
Betfair Online Casino Review
Caesars Online Casino
Detailed 888 Online Casino Review & Bonus Code
In Which States Can You Legally Play Baccarat Online in the US?
The gambling law that was passed in 2019 allows for individual states to apply for real money gambling. While most states have already applied for sports betting licenses there are very few where casino gambling transactions are allowed. These include Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware with West Virginia still in the process of applying for its licensing.
How to Choose Best Online Baccarat Casinos in the US?
There are several factors to keep in mind when looking at the best Baccarat Casinos. Follow our expert guide to ensure you are playing at a top casino:
With a limited number of states where gambling online is legal make sure you look at its licensing before playing the baccarat game. Players that gamble at offshore casinos where US players are allowed must see that it is licensed from reputable agencies like Malta, Curacao, UK Gambling Commission, etc. if you are playing in a legal state it will also carry a license from that state, for example, Pennsylvania Gaming Authority.
- Safety & Fairness
You must look at a casino home page to ensure that it has an eCogra seal which indicates that its games and fair and random. Several other top third-party institutions also regulated casinos to ensure it uses random number generators which will be displayed ion the casino. Also, you want your account and mobile to be safe and secure which means you are looking at an operator that uses high-quality encryptions and SSL security.
- Welcome bonuses
Casinos offer players welcome bonus packages that vary from one platform to the next but several top bonus types should be at minimum be on offer. For example, 100% matching deposit bonuses which means for every $1 you deposit you get an additional dollar free. Various denominations include 100%, 200%, 500%, etc which can also be extended across the first 3 – 5 deposits. The best types, of course, are no deposit bonuses where players are rewarded for signing up which are often giving as free spins or cash bonuses. Whichever deposit you get, look further though as you want a decent bonus but low Wagering requirements.
- Loyalty Program
From the moment that players register most casinos start giving them points as a reward for playing on their platform. This is important to players as it includes special bonuses, increased payout speeds, cash prizes, tournaments, etc.
- Online Banking With Fast Payouts
One of the top factors in online gambling is the banking methods offered. You want to be able to play in your currency to avoid unnecessary costs with currency exchanges while all the top methods like cards ranging from Mastercard, Visa as well as iDebit and InstaDebit bank transfer are offered. Paynearme is a popular method for US players as well as e-wallets like PayPal and Skrill.
How Online Baccarat Works
Despite its variants, it remains fairly easy to master baccarat. Follow our step-by-step guide to start your online journey:
- Choose any baccarat game at a real money casino as the rules remain similar throughout.
- To start you need to know where you want to bet as it works with two hands: Player and Banker. Basically, you decide which hand will win before the games even started.
- The banker as well as the player gets 2 face-up cards and depending on what your hand total is, you could get 3 at once.
- If your hand is from 0 up to 6, you are dealt the 3rd card
- You will not get another card if your hand is higher than 6
- You have a winning hand if your hand is 8 or 9 and it will depend on which hand you decided to bet at the start of the game. The player’s hand or that of the banker.
- As a single-digit game, you cannot get more than 9. If it happens you automatically go back to 0.
- Suits are not relevant
- 10s and faces are worth 0
- This table game is typically played with between 6 – 8 decks of cards
Variations of Baccarat Games
- Baccarat Punto Banco
When you live in countries like Macau, Australia, UK, Canada as well as the United States, you are likely to get Punto Banco in most casinos. The games are banked by the respective casino while a dealer, deals cards to players and himself. You decide whether you want to bet on player or dealer as cards will continue to be dealt until a winner is declared. You never touch cards and depending on which hand you placed a bet on, can only wait for a result.
- Mini Baccarat
Mini baccarat launched in the 1980s as a stripped-down version of the traditional version where you choose only how much you want to bet and between 2 main bet types which are banker or player. An additional bet is a tie, which is bet on so seldom that most casinos or gaming guides do not even mention it. Card and bet rules are identical to baccarat except that the casino does not control the shoe, but here the dealer does.
- Super 6 Baccarat
In Super 6 the rules, as well as cards, are identical to original or traditional versions. The only difference in this version is how it pays out. Here a player can buy insurance on a banker’s bet if he decides to bet on a player bet. Also, bets are paid 1:1 unless a banker gets a hand equalling 6 where a player will get paid 12:1 if he wins the bet.
- EZ Baccarat
In EA Baccarat the same rules, as well as card value, also applies except here odds differential is removed between banker and player. Here too an insurance bet can be placed which is called a dragon 7 bet which will pay a player 40:1 when a winning hand consists of 3 cards with a hand total of 7. You also have a Panda bet which pays 25:1 to a player that wins a bet if a winning hand consists of 3 cards but totalling 8 points.
- Baccarat Chemin de Fer
Chemin de Fer has exactly the same rules as Punto Banco as you will notice that even though there are variations, does the basic game remains the same. In anyone’s opinion is this French version of baccarat the one giving players the highest chance of winning. Here a banker rotates around a table which gives every player a chance to be a banker. Here a house edge falls on a banker which is why everyone wants to be a banker. Rules here require that a banker covers all bets on a table with each player getting a turn to cover bets.
Rules of Live Online Baccarat Game
Baccarat is like blackjack a card game but where blackjack requires 21 to be a winner, whereas this game requires only 9. You aim to get as close to 9 without busting but now you wonder how to get to 9 if you get a 10, you bust. But not in this game, as the cards are counted differently which is what makes this game unique. Cards are valued at face value except for 10 cards and aces are always 1. Face cards and 10 cards have no value, therefore, a 0 card. Keep in mind that because the cards cannot go over 9 with 10 cards being zero there can never be a number higher than 9. Therefore, it works as follows, if you have a 5 card and are dealt an 8, you do not have 13, but 3. Why? Because at any time when there are 10 involved, it falls away. This is how every card is counted in Baccarat. Cards will continue to be dealt until there is one winner and you hope to place a bet on the winner from the start.
Baccarat Betting Odds
One thing it is famous for is its low house edge regardless of which version is chosen. A small table like Mini-Baccarat will have the same odds as when you are playing at a large table with the only difference that shoe size varies. Winning bet amount on either players or banker are paid 1:1 but on bank bets, a 5% commission is charged which changes odds slightly from 0.95 to1. Casinos have their own rules or odds as far as tie bets go which is a bet that is seldom placed by players. The average bet here is paid from 8:1 to 9:1 while you will get some casinos advertising their tie betting odds at 14:1. There is, however, a difference when you play with a house edge of 1.36% on players’ bets while the banker bets have a house edge of 1.06%.
Live Games Software Providers
Evolution Gaming is globally renowned for its outstanding live games and it is no exception when it comes to live baccarat either. Players have thrilling, authentic live online play from this provider with baccarat versions that you have never heard of before. It utilizes additional side bets like perfect pairs which are not a traditional option. Versions of baccarat from this provider include Salon Prive, live baccarat squeeze, live baccarat control squeeze, speed baccarat, lightning baccarat, as well as dual play baccarat. Other top live baccarat providers include:
- Portomaso Gaming
- Lucky Streak
- Ezugi Live
- Gameplay Interactive
- SA Gaming
- Media Live
- Super Spade
- Dream Gaming Live
Mobile Live Baccarat and Apps
Players will find that a classic like Baccarat is also available via mobile and apps for Android as well as iPhone. Only a handful of top providers launched Baccarat which are:
- Playtech launched one baccarat game that gives players 6 additional side wagers which is beside the traditional bets.
- Microgaming developed 2 baccarat versions which it titled Baccarat Gold as well as Standard Baccarat. While the standard version is traditional punto banco, the Gold version is a variation of the traditional with an additional wager option where they incorporated pairs which is not what traditional has.
- RTG also launched one mobile baccarat game with a house edge ranging from 1.06% to 14.94% using a 6-deck card shoe.
- NetEnt launched 2 mobile versions which are Traditional as well as Punto Banco which are identical games except that punto banco uses 6 card decks whereas the other has 8.
- Players can play live mobile baccarat from one of the best providers which is Evolution gaming which has numerous baccarat games versions but a limited number for mobile.
Best live dealer apps for mobile:
The number of online casinos for US gamblers that offer live baccarat via smartphone as well as tablet increases with the top-recommended apps as:
- 1xBet with live dealer baccarat as well as side bets is the largest mobile casino plus mobile app available for players looking for a wide variety of baccarat. Here players have 40 RNG variations and even though basic rules apply, each feels and looks different. Their titles include Squeeze baccarat, Wheel baccarat, One Touch, Baccarat Gold, Dragon Tiger plus many more.
- Spela features variations from NetEnt including Baccarat Pro and 7 other top variations from a variety of developers
- Playamo – play one of 4 live baccarat games which include Baccarat 777 as well as baccarat mini
- 22Bet – players have 27 baccarat variants to choose from here coming from a variety of live gaming developers including Betsoft that include titles like baccarat supreme, duo bao baccarat
- Spinit – here you have digital as well as live dealer baccarat with live baccarat offered by Evolution, Red Tiger, Microgaming as well as iSoftbet.
- Casino Cruise – 3 baccarat games from Red Tiger, NetEnt as well as iSoftbet
- Genesis Casino – live as well as digital mobile baccarat with Punto Banco from Red Tiger and Baccarat from iSoftbet with an RTP of 98.99%.
Baccarat Online Casinos: Strategy and Tips
When you look for tips and tricks on How to Play Baccarat Online in the US we have good news for you. Baccarat does not require skill as it is a game of luck even though cards are involved. Usually, when you think of a card game, you think it requires a strategy and specific mathematical skills like blackjack or poker. A good understanding of the game is all that is required while you must follow baccarat rules and strategy like the following:
- Paroli – this strategy requires that you keep on increasing your bet when you win. For example, bet $1 and when you win, bet $2, win again, you bet $4. Repeat it only 3 times before going back to $1. If you lose in between revert back to the original bet amount.
- One-sided bets – it is a simple strategy that requires that you do not change where you bet. For example, when you start betting on a banker, continue to do so until you have lost 3 times, then change your bet and only go back to the original bet like the banker once the banker starts winning again.
- Never place a bet on a tie – while you have a high potential payout to place a bet on the outcome to be a tie, any decent tips will tell you that it is virtually impossible and that you will waste your money
History of Baccarat
It is one of the oldest card games with an elite sophistication which are believed to have been played by nobility. Allegedly it was created in Italy while it was also seen being played by French nobility in the 19th century. As Europeans make their way to the USA it reached the US in the late 19th century and only in the 1950s the first baccarat was seen in land-based casinos. Then the different variants popped up with the first being Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer as well as Baccarat Banque. You will find Baccarat in most land-based and online casinos both in digital form as well as live games in most online casinos.
Do you wonder what casinos are available in the US? We have prepared all needed information in our online casino reviews to be sure that you will make the right choice.
What is the best strategy for baccarat?
- There are no specific or best strategy in a game of luck but if you want to try a strategy the best recommended would be to use the Paroli system where you increase your bet 3 times before reverting to the initial amount.
Is it possible to win at baccarat?
- Yes, you can win in this game just like you would in any other online game of luck.
Are online baccarat games rigged?
- No, games are not rigged as random number generators are used to deal cards. Always look for a casino that carries an eCogra or other RNG seal to ensure casino games are fair.