Everything You Need to Know About Boxing Betting Online
Best Sportbook Sites to Bet on Boxing
Aspects to Consider Before Choosing Boxing Betting Sites
Before placing the action on any wagering site, there are a number of factors to consider. Let’s look at a few of them below:
- Availability: This is the first thing you should naturally check for. Do they offer boxing betting? Not all sportsbooks offer boxing wagering. Check through the list of sports they offer and make sure Boxing is available for wagering.
- Reputation and legalization: Equally important as finding out if they offer your sport of choice is whether or not they are legally permitted to operate in your state. This is important because just in case there is a dispute, the regulatory bodies in those states can reprimand the sportsbook. Another important factor to take into consideration is the reputation already garnered by the sportsbook you want to choose. When there are a high number of commendable reviews, it is an indicator of reliability. But when it is the other way around with many negative reviews, that’s not a good sign — you should keep searching for a better one. Of course, you will come across new wagering companies that have no reputation (whether good or bad). These newbies should not be overlooked as they may turn out to be pretty decent. Only make sure you do some deeper digging concerning them before you place money on their platforms.
- Banking methods: Ensure the bookmaker you want to settle for has a wide variety of banking options or at least the banking option that works for you. The most popular banking methods legal sports betting providers offer include credit/debit card transactions, ACH transfers/e-check, e-wallets (PayPal, Skrill), sportsbook-branded prepaid cards, and cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum). Another thing you should look out for concerning banking is the minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts. Also, confirm if there are any fees attached to depositing or withdrawing as well as how long it takes before you can have access to your winnings.
- Security: Any website can have the words “safe and secure” slapped somewhere on their landing page — this doesn’t mean it actually is. It is your job to do some research to find out if the site is secure to place your money and other personal information.
- Promotions and bonuses: Major betting providers usually offer attractive bonuses and promos to new and existing customers. They usually provide free money for wagering or free bets. Although they usually come with their terms and conditions, they shouldn’t be difficult to win.
- Loyalty programs: If you are going to place action regularly with a sportsbook, you should get rewarded. Top gambling operators provide different loyalty rewards programs to loyal bettors. Be sure to find out if the bookie you want to choose has such programs.
- Customer support: You will most likely need to clarify or resolve an issue sooner or later with your bookie of choice. Ensure they have a customer support service that can be reached at any time of the day via different channels.
- Options to bet: The more market and event options you have to choose from, the more your chances of getting more profits. Top wagering providers offer more opportunities to place bets so that their customers can earn as much as possible from their sites.
- Apps: The bookie of your choice should have an app that works well on both Android and iOS devices. Try to check reviews and ratings of the sports betting app before picking a bookmaker so that in case you want to wager on the go, you can do so easily wherever you are in an approved state. The apps usually come with a geo-location feature that prevents wagering outside states where they are legalized.
- Software: The user interface of your selected sportsbook should make finding any feature or market very easy for you. Ensure you test the ease of use of the bookmaking app before you commit your finances into the agency.
Top Boxing Betting Websites in The United States
Here is a list of the best websites you can visit for betting on Boxing online:
Top fantasy sports provider, DraftKings, has a special promotion for boxing fans called the SHO Boxing Pick ‘Em Challenge. You’ll simply select the outcome of each bout on the fight card, advance on the leader board, and when the season is over, collect your cash reward. Asides from the fantasy boxing promo, they also offer a welcome bonus of 20% of the initial deposit or a maximum of $500 for regular sports wagering.
This major fantasy sports company provides first-time bettors with a welcome risk-free bet of up to $500 plus another $10 bonus for signing up. New and existing customers can also enjoy one day of risk-free wagering up to $100.
With PointsBet, you can win two risk-free bets up to $1500. Customers get $500 risk-free on the first fixed odds bet and $1000 risk-free on the first PointsBetting wager.
SugarHouse offers a $250 deposit sign up bonus that you can take advantage of.
With Caesars sportsbook, you can get a free no-deposit $10 bonus and up to $300 deposit bonus.
Visit the BetMGM online sportsbook to take advantage of the free $500 welcome bonus.
When you sign up with Golden Nugget sportsbook, you get to win a $100 risk-free bet.
This sportsbook offers you a $150 bonus when you sign up with them.
For depositing funds into your accounts with any of these top bookies, you will most likely use bank transfers, credit/debit cards, wire transfers, peer to peer, prepaid cards, e-wallets, and cryptocurrency. To withdraw your earnings, you can make use of wire transfer, peer to peer, e-wallets, cryptocurrency, prepaid card, and check by courier.
Advantages of Online Sportsbooks For Bettors on Box
Online sportsbooks offer the convenience of wagering to players in that they can place action from anywhere and at any time. Apart from convenience, another benefit of wagering online is that there are no extra fees for using online sportsbooks services. There are better welcome bonuses online, as well as better gaming rules. You don’t have to deal with the issues of nuisance situations that may arise at a physical sportsbook such as drunks, passive smoking or unnecessary noise since you can wager in the comfort of your home. Obligatory tipping is avoided, and there are more banking options available online.
Disadvantages of Online Sportsbooks For Bettors on Box
One shortcoming of wagering online is that a lot of sites don’t offer instant payouts. Another downside is that you might not receive adequate customer service from a number of these sites. If you are not careful while gambling online, you can fall victim to sites that do not have operator licenses in your state or even worse; you become a victim of scam websites. If you are addicted to gambling, you can easily lose control while playing online.
Pros of Land-based Sportsbooks For Box’ Bettors
Physical sportsbooks provide players with fuller and richer entertainment in such a way that can’t be experienced while playing over a PC or mobile device. Also, payouts are quite instant — you don’t have to wait for some extra days before you have access to your winnings. You get to learn from other players that are physically present with you, and you also get to monitor line movements which can be crucial in getting some wins.
Cons of Physical Sportsbooks For Betting on Box
One major con of physical sportsbooks is the fact that they can be inconvenient to use as you must be physically present there to wager, and you can’t avoid some nuisance situations as well. In some sportsbooks, you may have to pay for seats and tips. Payout methods are more limited in physical sportsbooks than online.
States Where Boxing Betting is Available
These are states that have legalized sports betting in the US. They include:
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
- New York
- New Hampshire
Types of Bets on Boxing Fights
- Bout betting: This is the most well-known form of wagering in Boxing. Another name by which it is called is “to win”. Here, you simply wager on which fighter will win the match. It also has the option of selecting a draw which has very high odds because draws rarely occur in this game.
- Method of victory: In this type of bet, you wager on which fighter will win and how the victory will come about. You can choose that the winner will win by technical decision (points) or through a knockout. You can also select the option of disqualification of the other boxer or a technical knockout.
- Rounds: In this game, you have the option to gamble on which fighter will win what round. You can also predict a draw or forecast the points that each boxer will be given at the end of a round. This can be a good wagering option, especially when the odds on the favourite are extremely low and won’t be worth placing your money on. Another form of rounds betting is a round group betting which was created because it is quite hard to select exact rounds, so bookmakers give gamblers the option to group the rounds. For example, Manny Pacquiao will win rounds 2–5.
- Over/under total rounds: In this type of wager, you predict that the match will end before or after a particular number of rounds which adds 0.5 to the number of rounds in question so as to avoid any form of confusion. You have the option to wager on the total number of rounds if you feel that the match will be a long fight or you can simply select a lesser number of rounds if you think the game won’t last long. For instance, if you pick over 7.5, if the match goes on to enter the 8th round, you have won the wager, but if the match ends at round 6 or earlier, you have lost the bet.
- Fight to go the distance: This wager is straightforward in that you simply bet on if the bout will go on for the whole 12 rounds or it will be stopped before the end of the full match (due to a knockout, disqualification or any other reason).
- Prop bets: Usually, the bigger the fight, the more prop options are available. In this type of wager, you make more specific predictions about how the bout will go instead of simply selecting who will win or lose. You can wager on things such as whether or not a knockout will occur in the fight, whether or not the fight will go the distance, whether or not a point deduction will occur if the fight will end with a decision from the judges, if a knockdown will occur, or if the match will end in a draw. It can also be fighter-specific, and you’ll have to predict how a particular boxer will win the bout, or what specific round(s) a fighter will win.
You might be wondering why the shape of the area where the fight occurs is square yet; it is called a ring. The name was derived from the original fighting area where boxing matches were fought in ancient times — a simple circle drawn on the ground. However, the name stuck and you might even hear terms like “squared circle” which is also referring to the boxing ring.
The Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (TBRB)
TBRB is a body of professional volunteers that provide unbiased, authoritative top-ten world rankings that identify the sole world champion in all the boxing divisions. It was formed in 2012 by professional independent sports journalists, boxing record keepers, and historians of the game. Its rankings are uninfluenced by boxing promoters and sanctioning bodies.
Four Major Sanctioning Bodies in Boxing
While there are many boxing leagues all over the world, there are four that matter. These are the leagues that attract the most gambling action.
- World Boxing Association (WBA): The first to be formed of the major leagues. It was created in 1921.
- World Boxing Council (WBC): It was formed in 1963.
- International Boxing Federation (IBF): This sanctioning body was created in 1983.
- World Boxing Organization (WBO): Five years after IBF, WBO was formed in 1988.
These different leagues have separate rules and rankings. And every leading boxer seeks to unify the different belts.
Betting Tips You Might Need to Bet on Box
If you are just starting out with boxing betting, and you don’t think you can consistently and correctly predict bout winners or other wager types, you will need an expert opinion to help guide your predictions. Newspapers, online or in print usually have sections where bouts are analyzed, and journalists announce the fighter they think will win and some other aspects of the match such as method of victory among others. You can also get more expert advice from sites like ESPN boxing and Boxing News Online, among others. These are examples of places where you can develop an effective betting strategy. The Internet is also full of sites that you can check odds and other tendencies that relate to the current fighting season. You should note, however, that when there’s so much expert prediction on bouts, it will affect the odds as more people will tend to follow the advice of the expert tipsters. Also, certain factors can influence the outcome of a match, such as accidental fouls that cause injuries which can lead to a “no contest” outcome, a fighter unexpectedly dominating a round, among other things. These are aspects of the game that you should be aware of before you start wagering with real money. When wagering in Boxing, here are some tips that can help you avoid losing money:
- Never wager out of emotion or impulse.
- Only make use of money that you can do without
- Do your research no matter how little and don’t just blindly follow boxing betting tips and predictions.
- Do not let previous fight results completely influence your new predictions.
Latest News About Boxing Betting
While the boxing world is still recovering from the effects of Covid-19, Clay Collard, after taking a break from MMA, is taking everyone by surprise as he is powerfully staking his claim in the boxing scene with four victories thus far in 2020. Also, Terri Harper seems to be the favourite in the next bout between her and Natasha Jones. Harper is being touted to win another amateur world belt in this upcoming fight.
Boxing online sports betting can be a very lucrative option for bettors if they take their time to understand the current tendencies of the game. With the advice you have gotten from this article, you should feel a little more confident to go ahead and place the action on upcoming boxing matches.
Yes. It is legal to bet on Boxing online in states that have licensed and regulated sports betting.
Look at the fighters' recent forms, analyze their strengths and sizes, and go through records. Compare and contrast both fighters and also look out for expert reviews. You should get enough insight after this to know who will likely win the fight.
Currently, the top sites you can wager on are DraftKings, FanDuel, PointsBet, SugarHouse, Caesars, BetMGM, Golden Nugget, and William Hill.
Yes, you can. Simply check through the list of sports available on the sportsbook app of your choice, and you should find Boxing on the list.
You can simply check online for credible sites that offer odds for fights.