A Guide to the Best F1 Betting Sites Online
Formula One or F1 is the most-watched sport in the world. And, it is not just watched by sports fans, but bettors also eagerly wait for these matches. With a lot of drivers, tons of races, and versatile options, there are possibilities of winning a massive sum. In a comprehensive article, we tell you everything you need to know about F1 betting.
Sportsbooks to Bet on F1
What Is Formula 1?
Formula One, also popularly known as F1, is the biggest international single-seater auto racing affiliated by the Federation Internationale de L’Automobile (FIA). F1 is owned by Liberty Media, which is a well-reckoned American mass media company, through its subsidiary, the Formula One Group.
Rules that F1 Racers have to follow:
- Defending in F1 races is somewhat similar to any open-wheel series. Racers are not allowed to block drivers aggressively that are attempting to pass.
- Every car needs to qualify in 107% fastest driver’s lap time. In case the car fails to qualify in the first stage and drops out, they can continue to take part in the practice session.
- The racer who runs the fastest lap gets an extra point.
- Drivers are only allowed to change three-engines each year. If this number increases, their place drops ten places.
- Drivers are not allowed to speed in the F1 pitlane.
Best Online F1 Betting Sites
When it comes to F1 betting, the importance of choosing a legal F1 sports betting platform cannot be overlooked. A reliable sportsbook brings you a suite of services that makes betting more engaging. A good site will also provide a mobile F1 betting app that facilitates gambling on the go. Below are the best real money football betting sites:
|Websites||Bonus||Minimum Deposit||Wagering Requirements||Promo Code|
|DraftKings||100% deposit match up to $100||$5||25x rollover||None|
|FanDuel||Risk-free bet of up to $1000||$10||1x rollover||None|
|PointsBet||Deposit $50 and get $150|
Deposit $150 and get $300
Deposit $250 and get $500
|SugarHouse||100% deposit match of up to $250||$10||1x rollover||Play 250|
|Caesars||$10 no deposit bonus.|
100% deposit match of up to $300
|BetMGM||100% deposit match of up to $500.|
A risk-free bonus of $10
|Golden Nugget||100% deposit match of up to $1500.|
No deposit bonus of $10
|$10||Only on straight wagers||None|
|William Hill||Risk-Free Bet of Up $500||$10||15x||None|
States That Allow F1 Betting in America
Following are the states within the U.S. where you can find real money betting sites:
- New Jersey
- New Hampshire
- New York
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
Types of Bets Available in Top Formula 1 Betting Sites
F1 betting offers versatile betting markets for you to win substantial rewards:
- To-Win Bets: It is the type of wagering where you place the money on a specific driver to win the race. Select the driver which you think will win, put a to-win bet, and if that racer finishes the race in the first place, you will get the rewards.
- Driver Matchups: When you place a bet on individual F1 races, driver matchups are among the most existing wagering options. You will see this type of bet in a retail sportsbook, but the options are limited. In these types of wagers, you select between the two drivers who you think will complete the race with higher points.
- Prop Bets: These are also known as proposition bets. In this, you wager on whether or not something that is proposed will happen. These types of bets need skills to make the correct prediction.
- Future Bets: Wager on F1 futures markets allows you to bet on events that will happen in the distant future. In this, you can bet on the driver who will win the race series, who will win the highest score, or who will be disqualified first.
Types Of Bonuses To Get With F1 Betting
Betting on F1 online with a good platform will allow you to acquire different types of bonuses, including:
● Deposit Bonus: You get this bonus on the first deposit. It is either in the form of a risk-free bet or percentage match of the deposit up to a particular sum.
● No Deposit Bonus: When you first sign up on a website, you get a free sign up bonus. This is a small amount that allows you to place your first bet without any risk.
● Cashback: In this type of bet, the platform secures your wager up to a particular amount. If you end up losing your bet, the F1 betting apps or websites will pay you back up to a particular limit.
Odds for Formula 1 Championship
Irrespective of the sports leagues, identifying and understanding the odds of a sport is imperative for successful betting. Odds are made distinctively by oddsmakers to determine the winning chances of the players at a particular event. Following are the odds for the Portuguese Grand Prix, which is back on the F1 schedule for the first time since 1996:
|Formula 1 race car drivers||F1 Odds|
Important F1 Betting Tips
When it comes to placing bets on events, you have to be informed and strategic. Following are some useful tips that will help you in establishing the right F1 betting strategy:
Move Your Focus Away From Steep Favorites
At the time, you will come across a situation like in Grand Prix Singapore wherein the line-up looked like this:
- Sebastian Vettel: 5/6
- Lewis Hamilton: 7/2
- Fernando Alonso: 9/2
- Jenson Button: 15/2
- Mark Webber: 15/2
Rest of the racers either 50/1 or above the mark where most of the players were between 100/1 and 5000/1. So when betting, avoid both steep favorites and underdogs. The racers who are at 3rd, 4th, or 5th favorite are the ones with the most value.
Pay Close Attention to Head-to-Head Races
Podium finish does not bring good odds; the top 6 is not available for lower-tiered drivers. If you want to experience effective F1 betting, then you should focus on the head to head position. This place also has the lowest juice, so you will be gaining more profit as opposed to other forms of betting.
Assess The Odds At Multiple Sites
Irrespective of the type of bet you choose, look for the odds at the different sportsbooks. When betting on F1 races, consider the old saying, ‘I know far more winning price shoppers than I do winning handicappers.’
In the latest announcement, Saudi Arabia has revealed its decision to host F1 in 2021. The officials are preparing to organize 23 races over the course of next year. Prince Khalid Bin Sultan Al Faisal, who is the president of the Saudi Automobile and Motorcycle Federation, revealed his fondness for Formula 1. He also said that people of the country are also big fans of F1 racings. The Grand Prix of Saudi Arabia is said to be a street race that will be held during the evening under lights. The advanced infrastructure allows the races to be conducted in Jeddah, which is also a picturesque location. In an interview, the Prince said that considering that it is a street race, the team wanted to make sure that they are ready for it. Khalid added that earlier, the plan was to host the race in 2023 in Al Qiddiyah 2023 seemed too long for everyone to wait. While there were many locations under assessment, the team finally finalized the Jeddah located along the Red Sea.
F1 is an adrenaline-pumping sport that attracts sports fans from all across the world. But along with sports enthusiasts, bettors also have tremendous opportunities to win a lot of rewards. When understanding how to bet on F1, you have to be aware of the events as much as possible. Lastly, ensure that you choose a licensed and regulated website, which offers the right services to make your opportunities safe, convenient, and lucrative.
F1 Betting FAQ
- Is it legal to bet on F1 online?
- Sites with legal operator licenses are allowed to provide F1 betting. Some of these sites include FanDuel, DraftKings, MGM Sportsbook, Caesars, PointsBet, etc.
- Where can I check F1 odds?
- Every online sportsbook offers odds of F1 races. Based on the event that you want to bet on, you can look for odds at different online websites. There are some dedicated websites that collect the odds from the different sportsbooks and show them a comparative table.
- Can I place a bet on multiple drivers?
- Yes, a certain type of bet allows you to bet on two drivers. This increases your winning chances.
- Why is Porsche not in F1?
- Porsche withdraws from the F1 series because of the high costs. The company’s technology does not align with current and future track developments.