A Guide to the Best Rugby World Cup Betting Sites
Best Rugby World Cup Betting Sites
An Overview of Rugby World Cup
The Rugby World Cup is a popular rugby union tournament for men. The contest is held every four years between the top international teams. The tournament was first organized in the year 1987and back then; it was hosted by Australia and New Zealand. The winners of this tournament were awarded the Webb Ellis Cup, which is named after William Webb Ellis. As of now, four countries have won the title include New Zealand (3), Australia (2), South Africa (3), and England (1).
Rules of Rugby Game
When betting on Rugby World Cup online, you must understand the rules of the games properly. Following are the key rules associated with the games:
- The games are divided into two halves for 40 minutes with a rest period of 10 minutes in between.
- Each team has 15 players and up to seven substitutes.
- The field is around 100 meters long and 70 meters wide, featuring a minimum of a 10-meter area for a dead ball.
- The marking of the field includes a five-meter line, halfway line, 10-meter line, 22-meter line, and dead-ball line.
- The game includes one referee and two judges for touches.
- If the player has made a foul, the ball goes out of play, or there is a drop goal score, the game is stopped.
- The defending team needs to tackle the player by pulling them to the floor by grabbing a hold. The tackle, which is over the shoulder height, is a foul.
- When the ball touches the line, seven-player can enter into a line, and any one of them can be lifted to catch the thrown ball.
- A successful conversion kick or penalty at goal occurs when the player kicks the ball through the top goal section.
- The attacking players need to stay behind the ball, or they will be at the risk of being reckoned as offside.
Online Rugby World Cup Betting Sites
Selecting the legal Rugby World Cup betting is one of the important factors that you need to consider when betting on any Rugby World Cup tournament. Below are some of the best real money Rugby World Cup betting sites for American bettors –
|Websites||Bonus||Minimum Deposit||Wagering Requirements||Promo Code|
|DraftKings||100% deposit match up to $100||$5||25x rollover||None|
|FanDuel||Risk-free bet of up to $1000||$10||1x rollover||None|
|PointsBet||Deposit $50 and get $150|
Deposit $150 and get $300
Deposit $250 and get $500
|SugarHouse||100% deposit match of up to $250||$10||1x rollover||Play 250|
|Caesars||$10 no deposit bonus.|
100% deposit match of up to $300
|BetMGM||100% deposit match of up to $500.|
A risk-free bonus of $10
|Golden Nugget||100% deposit match of up to $1500.|
No deposit bonus of $10
|$10||Only on straight wagers||None|
|William Hill||Risk-Free Bet of Up $500||$10||15x||None|
Types Of Bets To Wager On Rugby World Cup
Rugby World Cup allows sportsbooks to provide better types of betting options. Each of the following options allows players to be versatile with their actions.
- Moneyline: When it comes to wagering on Rugby Cup, the money line is one of the simplest options that you can take up. In this type of bet, you simply have to bet on the winning team. This type of betting is also called ‘head to head’ in the European and Australian regions. Another key aspect of this form of betting is that there is no point spread. Both sides of the Moneyline wager are paid on a different schedule, and that might confuse bettors, especially for new players.
- Over/Under: This is another popular type of betting that is often seen in sports betting, including the Rugby Cup. This is also known as totals and in this sportsbook offer line, which represents the total number of points that will be scored by both the teams in a particular match. Bettors have to bet whether the actual total points will be under or over that is presented by the sportsbook. In this form of betting, it doesn’t matter who wins the game; if you have guessed the total right, you will get the cash set by the oddsmaker.
- Points Spread: Although a little complicated to understand, points spread continues to be one of the most popular options. This form of bet is also known as an equalizer by the oddsmaker. In this sportsbook, create a point spread for the game wherein the team is created equally. This means that both teams have equal chances of winning the game. This gives more reasons for the bettors to place money on both teams.
- Parlay Bet: This is the type of bet that includes two or more than two bets. The bettors can combine money lines, point spreads, futures, total or prop bets into one and bet on different games. This form of bet is popular because it offers a massive payout. But if you win one leg, the entire amount will be lost. These types of bets are usually leveraged by experienced bettors as there are greater risks.
- Futures Bet: Wager on Rugby World Cup futures markets brings a lot of winning opportunities. In this, you do not bet on individual Rugby World Cup games; instead, you place your money on events that will occur in the distant future. For instance, you can get on which team will make the first point, how will win the cup, or whether or not many points will be scored in the final halves of the game.
Types Of Bonuses For Rugby World Cup Betting
Whether you play desktop or mobile Rugby World Cup betting, a majority of sportsbooks offer bonuses to attract new players. Following are some of the popular types of bonuses that you will come across –
No Deposit Bonuses
This is among the simplest forms of bonuses. In this, players get a bonus as soon as they sign up on the platform. This signup bonus is offered in the form of credit and cannot be withdrawn. It is generally a small amount that allows players to explore the options.
This type of bonus is also offered to new players. Players need to deposit a minimum amount after signing up to avail of the bonus. A sportsbook can offer this type of bonus either in the form of a deposit match or a risk-free bet. Depending on the sportsbook, players may need to add a promo code. They will also need to cater to certain wagering requirements before they can withdraw the bonus amount.
Rugby Union World Cup Odds 2023
Each sportsbook offers Rugby World Cup odds that allow players to understand which are the teams that have better chances of winning. Understanding the odds helps you in understanding who’s favored to win the Rugby World Cup. The following are the odds for the upcoming Rugby Cup in 2023.
Important Terms For Rugby World Cup Betting
Following are the key Rugby terms that you should be aware of –
- Advantage Line – Also known as gain line, it is an imaginary line that is drawn across the center when there is an open play breakdown.
- Ankle Tap – It is a tackle form, which is used when a player who is carrying the ball is running while the defending player is approaching.
- Advantage – It is the period, which comes to post the infringement. In this, the non-offending side has the chance to acquire adequate territory.
Valuable Tips For Rugby World Cup Betting
When it comes to how to bet on Rugby World Cup successfully, you must come with a strong strategy. Here some effective tips that will help you earn more rewards –
- Be Aware Of The Rules: If you are new to Rugby betting, then it is important that you familiarize yourself with the rules of the game. The more you understand the game, the better it will be for you to analyze what is happening and make the right decisions accordingly. This is because Rugby is an aggressive game, and a lot of things can happen in between.
- Leverage Handicap Markets: There are likely to be some one-sided matches in Rugby with seven points. Contrary to football, in which the goals are given greater value, in Rugby, scoring is more frequent. This implies that you will find a lot of short-priced odds, and to avoid odds-on shots, it is better to leverage handicap betting.
- Stay Updated with Historical and Current Status of Teams: Considering the aggressive nature of the game, you have to constantly stay updated regarding the form of the team. Keep a close tab on the team or players you are planning to bet on, consider if there have been any controversies or injuries. You should also keep a tab of the opposing team so that you can make a practical decision.
- Consider Rugby Live Betting: When it comes to betting, you have to go beyond just looking at the Rugby championship odds. The course of the game can change quite quickly in a match. And, it allows you to place bets on events based on the existing course of action.
The NRL star Kalyn Ponga is all set to make his position on the 2023 Rugby World Cup. It was revealed that he has an option in his final two years of the contract. Ponga was signed with Knights in a long-term contract, which will end in 2024. But it was recently announced that the player will be a free agent by 2021 November and will be free to leave the club by the end of 2022 in case he does not take up the final two-year offer with the team. NRL on Thursday revealed the modified contract for the 2021 season, which explained the specificity of the multi-million dollar deal with Ponga. During his re-signing, the Knights dismissed the rumors that claimed that the contract had any such clause that allowed the player to walk away.
Whether it is the Grand Slam, US Open, or Rugby World Cup, Americans love to bet on rugby games. Sportsbook offers betting odds rugby internationals for bettors to place their money on global events. And if you have chosen the right website or Rugby World Cup betting app, you will have a more seamless and lucrative gambling experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it legal to bet on Rugby World Cup online?
- Yes, you can bet on Rugby World Cup online. But it is important to ensure that you have chosen licensed and regulated sites. DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars, Golden Nugget, etc. are among the popular websites that offer Rugby betting.
- When is the next Rugby World Cup?
- The next Rugby World Cup is scheduled for 2023. The matches are expected to start in September 2023 and continue until October 21, 2023.
- How can I check odds for Rugby World Cup betting?
- Every sportsbook offers Rugby betting created odds that bettors can check. There is also a popular oddsmaker site, which allows you to compare different rugby championship odds.
- Can I win real money with Rugby World Cup betting?
- Yes, Rugby World Cup betting offers tons of betting opportunities. With the right strategy, you can win a lot of cash rewards in this form of betting.
- Is there a draw in Rugby?
- Rugby matches hardly have any draws as there are various ways to get the score. There have been only a couple of draw cases in the history of Rugby tournaments.