Best US Open Tennis Sportsbooks & Apps Review
US Open Tennis 2020 began on August 31 and ended on September 13. The event is arguably the most exciting grand slam, with many passionate fans looking forward to it every year. In 2020, it was held without spectators due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this did not reduce the excitement of fans who watched live and even participated in the US Open Tennis betting hosted on many sportsbooks.
The 2021 edition of the event will be held from August 30 to September 12. Even though it seems quite far, fans are already looking forward to the event. Many people can’t wait to wager on US open future markets on different sportsbooks. If you’re passionate about wagering on tennis or the US Open, this guide is for you. We have explained how to go about legal US open tennis betting and also listed sites where you can wager. But before we proceed, let’s understand how the tournament works.
Best Sportsbook to Bet on Tennis!
What Is The US Open?
The US Open is one of four popular tennis grand slam competitions. Since 1987, it has been the fourth and final grand slam tournament of the year. The grand slams begin with the Australian Open, followed by the French Open, Wimbledon, and then the US Open. The final grand slam usually starts on the last Monday in August every year and runs for two weeks. Every year, the USTA (the United States Tennis Association) organizes the event. The tournament is always held at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. It is played on hard courts, unlike Wimbledon, which is played on grass and the French Open on clay. There are five primary championships in the tournament. These are the mixed doubles, men’s and women’s singles, and men’s and women’s doubles. There are also events for junior, senior, and wheelchair tennis players.
What To Consider Before Betting On Any Sportsbook
Wagering on US Open online is easy, but there are things to look out for before choosing an online sportsbook. One of the most important steps is to find out if the sportsbook is licensed and regulated. You can do this by checking the operator licenses on the site and see if the online site is connected to any authorized retail sportsbook. After that, you can check what the sportsbook offers and what types of wagers you can make. Also, find information about the banking methods, the site’s security, and if the sportsbook offers an app for iOS and Android devices. Lastly, you might want to check if it accepts wagers on events like the Davis Cup, French Open, or any other one you want to place wagers on.
Top Online US Open Betting Sites
In the table below, we have some of the best mobile US Open tennis betting sites and their bonuses listed. They also work on PC and other devices perfectly. We have taken time to review these bookies, and they are safe for betting on the US Open tournament.
|Draftkings||Deposit bonus up to $1000|
|FanDuel||Risk-free bet up to $1000|
|PointsBet||Risk-Free Bets up to $1,050|
|Caesars||$10 No deposit + $300 Deposit bonus|
|MGM Sportsbooks||Risk-Free bets up to $500|
|Golden Nugget||Risk-free bets up to $100|
|William Hill||Free bet up to $500|
How to Bet on US Open Tennis
Wagering on tennis is relatively easier compared to other sports because of the game’s peculiarity. Most tennis games are always straightforward, and there is usually no possibility of ending as a tie. Once there is a tie in the game, players have to continue to find a winner.
- Outrights: This is the simplest form of tennis wager you can make. You have to wager on the player you think will win the tournament. Once your selection wins, you make a profit based on the odds on your pick.
- Sets: In set wagering, you wager on the final set score of a tennis game. It is as simple as betting on the final score of a football match. For example, you can bet that player A will win three sets, while player B will win one.
- Match betting: This is another form where you bet on individual US open games. You only have to choose whom you think will be the winner of the game.
- Over/Under betting: In over/under, you bet on the win totals. You can choose this form of wagering if you’re not sure of which player will win a match. Before the game, the sportsbooks will predict the total number of sets that will be played in the game. You only need to wager on whether the number of sets will be over or under the predicted number.
- Futures: These are bets on events that are yet to begin. You will also be able to wager on US Open futures markets as soon as online sportsbooks release odds for 2021.
Bonuses to Bet With on The US Open
Sportsbooks offer different bonuses you can use to bet on the US Open. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Welcome Deposit Bonuses: These types of bonuses are given to new users on bookies. They come in different forms but are usually given only after you make the first deposit.
- No Deposit bonuses: This kind of bonus is quite rare in sportsbooks. It is given to new players in the form of extra cash to wager without having to make a deposit first. It is usually very small.
- Free bets: This is another kind of cash bonus given to welcome new punters after the first deposit. They can also be given to existing users to encourage them to keep betting on the platform. It is different from the welcome cash bonus as your stake is not returned when you win the bet.
- Risk-free bets: Risk-free bets are a kind of bonus where you get to wager with your cash. If you lose, your money is returned to you, but if you win, it’s not.
- Reload bonuses: This is similar to the welcome bonus, but they’re given to existing users. You receive this when you deposit on the site. They’re usually smaller than the welcome cash bonuses.
Understanding US Open Odds
Just like every other type of sports betting, the odds determine how much you can from any wager you place in the US Open. The odds work just like every other tennis betting odds. It can be presented as fractional, decimal, or Moneyline. Some online sportsbooks allow you to choose the way you want the odds displayed. On most real money US Open betting sites, it is usually displayed as Moneyline. Here’s an example of how you find the odds:
- Naomi Osaka -167
- Victoria Azarenka +147
In this example, Naomi Osaka is the favorite to win, while Victoria is the underdog. The symbol in front of the numbers helps to determine how much you can win from them. When it is positive, here’s how you calculate your profit: odds x (stake/100). For negative, (100/odds) x stake. In this case, if you place a wager of $10 on Victoria, you get 147 x ($10/100)= 147 x $0.1= $14.7. If you wager on Naomi, you get 100/167 x 10 = $5.99. Generally, you don’t need to bother as most online sportsbooks will do the calculations for you. You only need to know that betting on your US Open favourites will yield less profit than betting on underdogs. US Open tennis odds 2020 will no longer be useful to you as the event has ended already. We will update this page with odds for 2021 as soon as sportsbooks release them.
US Open Betting Strategy
Sports fans do many things to get their wagers right. Some tennis fans even go as far as following sites that offer US Open predictions. If you’re in search of a strategy, our tips below can help you.
- Take time to study the data: There are enough resources online that provide tennis statistics. Taking your time to study can help you in making better bets. Read things like the weaknesses and strengths of the players, style of play, how they perform on hard surfaces, and their head to head records. Also, keep yourself updated on players’ form and injuries.
- Go against the crowd: This strategy might be risky, but it could also pay you hugely. Once everyone is wagering on a player to win, sportsbooks tend to adjust the odds to make it balanced. If you wager on the underdog and win, you’ll most likely get huge returns on your bet.
- Pay Attention the Men’s US Open Tennis favorites: In this strategy, the focus is on the men’s game as their favorites usually make it to the final. It is different in the women’s game, where anyone can win. Some players usually dominate the men’s competition for a particular period.
Latest News on US Open
The 2020 US Open held successfully amidst the pandemic. Activities at land-based bookmakers, however, reduced while online betting increased. Dominic Thiem defeated Alexander Zverev to win the men’s title while Naomi Osaka won the women’s singles title.
US open tennis betting is as easy as other forms of sports wagering. You only have to understand the rules and apply the right strategies. You must also choose a US Open tennis betting app or site with good odds. In this review, we have explained everything that you need to start wagering. Why not choose your preferred sportsbook right away and sign up to bet on the US Open Tennis.
- Is it legal to bet on the US Open tennis online?
- Yes, you can bet legally on the US Open tennis.
- How much does it cost to play in the US Open tennis?
- As of 2014, the entry fees cost between $45 to $100 per player. You can confirm the current price on the USTA website.
- When is US Open tennis 2021?
- August 30, 2021, to September 12, 2021.
- How can I check odds for US Open tennis betting?
- Very soon, many sportsbooks will release odds on their website for the 2021 edition. You can always find the odds on the sportsbook's website.
- Can I win real money with US open tennis betting?
- Yes, you win real money when you bet on tennis.