Best WWE Betting Sportsbooks & Apps Review
World Wrestling Entertainment or WWE was founded in 1953. Since the day it was rolled out, the corporation has entertained millions of people in the world with tons of wrestling matches. Over the years, WWE has evolved tremendously, collecting more fans along its way. It is not merely sports fans in America who are eager to watch; instead, WWE is a lucrative avenue for sports bettors as well. With tons of matches played every year, it brings a lot of opportunities for the gamblers of the country to win big. If you also want to bet on WWE, then you have come to the right place. In this detailed article, we tell you everything that you need to know about WWE online sports betting to get a good and informed start.
Best Sites to Bet on WWE
World Wrestling Entertainment is a popular American integrated media and entertainment company, which is reckoned for professional wrestling. It is not a legitimate contest; instead, it focuses only on providing entertaining performances. But matches include certain moves that can put players at the risk of injury even death if they are not performed properly.
Rules of WWE Matches
Following are some important rules in WWE matches:
- Players cannot throw the opponents over the ropes
- Wrestlers cannot use any foreign object without getting written permission.
- There should be no low blow unless it is written in the script.
- If the wrestlers are seen blading, they are either fined or suspended.
- Wrestlers are not allowed to use PG swear words on the camera.
- WWE wrestlers are not allowed to non-WWE shows.
Online WWE Betting Sites
When it comes to online sports betting, choosing a legal WWE betting site creates a significant impact on your experience. A reliable betting site will provide you with a suite of services that will make your betting journey more enjoyable and secure. And leading sites also provide WWE betting apps that facilitate the convenience of betting on the go. Below are some of the best real money WWE betting sites:
|Websites||Bonus||Minimum Deposit||Wagering Requirements||Promo Code|
|DraftKings||100% deposit match up to $100||$5||25x rollover||None|
|FanDuel||Risk-free bet of up to $1000||$10||1x rollover||None|
|PointsBet||Deposit $50 and get $150|
Deposit $150 and get $300
Deposit $250 and get $500
|SugarHouse||100% deposit match of up to $250||$10||1x rollover||Play 250|
|Caesars||$10 no deposit bonus.|
100% deposit match of up to $300
|BetMGM||100% deposit match of up to $500.|
A risk-free bonus of $10
|Golden Nugget||100% deposit match of up to $1500.|
No deposit bonus of $10
|$10||Only on straight wagers||None|
|William Hill||Risk-Free Bet of Up $500||$10||15x||None|
States Where Betting On WWE Online Is Legal
Following are the states in the United States of America where you can bet on WWE :
- New Jersey
- New Hampshire
- New York
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
Types of Betting Available For Wrestling Matches
When it comes to how to bet on the WWE, you have to first understand the betting markets you have. Below are the types of wagering you can leverage to place bets on events:
- Match Win: This is the most commonly used bet by the WWE bettors. It is simply betting on who will win the match. In the case of one on one match, it comes simply as there are only two wrestlers. But with games that involve more than two players, it becomes tricky to pick a winner.
- Retain Title: This type of bet considers the fact the match could end without any winner. In fights where the title is on the stake, the defender focuses on not losing to retain the belt. And these matches can end in a count-out, disqualification, draw, or no contest. Also, in case of serious injury, the match is ended. In this, the bettors back the wrestlers to hold their title instead of winning the watch.
- Near Fall: In this betting market, you can place your money on the wrestler who is almost winning the match but is not there yet. The most common way a wrestler in WWE wins is via a pin, which is also called a fall. The wrestler must pin the opponent to the mat, with both their shoulders touching the mat. The referee will count while slamming their hands on the mat. If the count reaches three, the wrestler who has pinned the opponent wins. But often, the pinned fighter avoids the defeat at the second count by breaking the pin, which is known as the near fall.
- Top Heel/Babyface: You can wager on certain types of fighter to win in the match. This type of bet is taken up in big matches. In WWE there are two types of wrestlers. The first one is a heel, which is primarily a bad guy, someone that is not liked by the crowd. Second, comes the babyface whom everyone loves. In this form of bet, you place money on a group of wrestlers to win the contest- it could be either on babyface or heel.
- Brand Winner: The biggest matches in WWE happens with wrestlers belonging to two brands – Raw and Smackdown. Typically these two brands do not fight each other as the weekly matches occur in their own franchise. But in certain big events such as Wrestlemania and SummerSlam, fights are arranged between Raw and Smackdown fighters. And you can place your money on the brand which will win the fights.
Top WWE Events To Watch Out For
Similar to other sports leagues, there are events that are most anticipated by the gamblers. Before you bet on individual WWE games, you should know how to allocate your money. Following are some of the biggest events in WWE even the betting is the highest:
Royal rumble is a part of pay-per-view and is an annual wrestling event to promote WWE. This event was first held in the year 1988 and is mostly scheduled in January. It is one of the most important events that brings a lot of winning opportunities to the bettors. In this, 30 wrestlers enter the right and different duration, trying to eliminate their opponents by tossing them over the rope. The last man remaining on the ring wins.
It is another pro wrestling pay per view that is held in November annually. It was first aired in 1987. It is a popular event, which you can bet through a desktop or mobile WWE betting platform.
This is the biggest event in WWE, which is held annually and airs mostly in mid-March to April. This event features the biggest players who compete in high-octane matches. This extends a lot of betting opportunities.
This event is promoted as the ‘Biggest Party of the Summer.’ This promotional event is for both Raw and Smackdown. It was first organized back in 1988 and held mostly in the month of August. After Wrestlemania, Summer Slam is most popular, which is popular in both a retail sportsbook and WWE betting app.
This program is a developmental unit dedicated to new fighters who are trying to start their journey in pro wrestling. Although it is a supporting brand, it is nothing short on popularity. You will bet a lot of betting opportunities to get more rewards.
WWE Championship Odds
Irrespective of the type of sports betting, understanding the odds becomes an important aspect. These odds tell you the winning chances of the fighters in WWE.
Following are the WWE betting lines for Women Royal Rumble:
|Kay Lee Ray||200/1|
WWE Betting Tips
Considering that WWE matches are scripted, you can expect to witness more shockers than any other sports event. So there is no fixed WWE betting formula with which you can bet. But below are some useful tips that will help you in building an effective WWE betting strategy. When you are betting on a Pay-per-view event, you would benefit by betting on a popular wrestler. This is because it is an entertaining event, so nine times out of ten, you can expect the belt around the crowd’s favorite. More than looking into the recent runs or H2H records of the wrestler, focus on the patterns of the storylines. Look how the past matches have turned out and base your decisions on the same. Before betting, always check the WWE WWE odds. Checking odds will allow you to identify where the players are standing.
WWE is brimmed with excitement and entertainment. The matches offer a lot of surprises, which makes the betting even more engaging for the bettors. In addition, there are many betting markets that allow you to increase your betting opportunities. When it comes to establishing a betting strategy for WWE, it is all about seeing the patterns of the matches.
Once you have understood how things are working out in events, you will be better able to gauge the results. Lastly, the importance of choosing the right WWE betting sites with an active operator licenses cannot be overlooked. Selecting the best WWE betting app or website is imperative in acquiring a safe and reliable gambling experience.
However, the implications of COVID-19 was seen in the WWE landscape as well. The industry is coming back to form, with matches being slowly held. The association is making sure to test the players and follow the right precautions to adhere to the safety standards.
WWE Betting FAQ
- Where can I bet on WWE online?
- There are many licensed and regulated websites that allow WWE online betting. Some of these include DraftKings, FanDuel, William Hill, Caesars, Golden Nugget, etc.
- What is the main factor to consider while betting on WWE?
- Considering that WWE is all scripted and for entertainment, you are likely to witness more curveballs. So when it comes to WWE betting, you have to focus on the storyline and patterns.
- Who is the WWE Champion right now, 2020?
- Randy Orton holds the title of WWE Champion. He won the tag by defeating Drew Mcintyre in a fierce Hell in a Cell match.
- Who runs WWE Raw?
- WWE Raw is run by Vince McMahon. The script of the brand is written by Jonathan Baeckstorm and his team.