Mohegan Sun Online Casino Review — Is It Worth It?
New Jersey is among the most popular betting destinations in the USA. The revenue of this market continues to grow at an exponential rate. There are 23 online casinos in the Garden State, and each of them has something distinctive to offer. Mohegan Sun is one of the popular online casinos with a strong background. And in this article of Mohegan Sun online casino review, we share everything you need to know about this platform.
Mohegan Sun online casino review
The Mohegan Indians are one of the federally recognized tribes based in Mohegan Indian Reservation in Uncasville, CT. The tribe entered the gambling world in the year 1992 with a massive casino featuring thousands of table games and slot machines, a grand sports area, and a hotel encompassing 1500 rooms. Later in 2005, the tribe expanded its presence in Pennsylvania, acquiring the Pocono Downs Racetrack and, in 2012, took over the management of Resorts Casino in Atlantic City.
Mohegan Sun online casino was launched in the year 2015. Owing to its collaboration with NYX Gaming, it has managed to build a good market reputation.
Since the platform was officially launched, Mohegan Sun Casino has fulfilled payout requests of more than $330. It provides an extensive collection of over 500 slots, tables games, and video poker.
It is licensed under the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. Desktop users can access all the games on the browser without the need for a download. Smartphone users have the option to download the mobile app.
Mohegan Sun Casino Games
Following are the games offered at games:
The slot game collection by this platform is amazing. Players can access over 480 slots games with different themes and rating systems. On the home page; they can select the option “All Slot” and see a full list of the games along with their ratings.
The website also enables players to find the slots by names and add filters to organize the results based on staff favorites and ratings. But there is no option to filter the games by the software provider and jackpot.
The quality of slot games varies massively. These games are offered by multiple software providers, including NextGen, IGT, High 5 Games, and Aristocrat. Some of the popular slot games on the platform include –
- 88 Fortunes
- Jackpot Inferno
- Jekyll Goes Wild
- Foxin Twins
- Foxin Wins
- Foxin Wins Again
- Foxin Wins Football Fever
- Double Play Super Bet
- Polter Heist
Players will also find three advanced jackpot games including:
- Siberian Storm and Cleopatra from IGT, sharing a jackpot of around $530,000.
- Divine Fortune from NetEnt featuring a top jackpot of over $77,000.
Live Dealer Games
The Mohegan Sun casino offers a myriad of live dealer games, including roulette, blackjacks, three card poker, baccarat, and ultimate Texas Hold’em. There are more live dealer blackjack tables offered during the rush hours, and some games are streamed directly from the Resorts Casinos located in Atlantic City.
Two roulette games are also streamlined from the same. One is a basic roulette wheel, whereas the other is an auto wheel that players can watch in real-time while bettors present in the Resorts Casino place their wagers.
Players would appreciate the immersive experience that it offers. Following are the live games available on the platform from 11 am to 3 am:
- Live dealer roulette
- Liver dealer blackjack
- Live dealer three card poker
- Live dealer baccarat
- Live dealer ultimate Texas Holde ’em
- Live side bet the city
- Live dream catcher
- Live infinite blackjack
- Live lightning roulette
- Live auto roulette
There are 20 table games available at the Mohegan Sun casino. But only six are available on the mobile app.
- Nine variations of blackjack
- Six variations of roulette
- Three card poker
- Three-wheel roulette
- No commission baccarat
- Let it ride
Games that are available on the mobile app include:
- Three-wheel roulette
- Four variations of blackjack
There are twenty video poker games available on the Mohegan Sun casino that include:
- 100 Hand All American
- Aces and Faces Power Poker
- Destiny Poker
- Three variations of Deuces Wild
- Four variations of Bonus Poker
- Two variations of Jacks or Better
- Four variations of Regal Poker
- Jester Poker
- Multi-Hand Triple Play Draw Poker
- Multi-Hand Five Play Draw Poker
- Tens or Better
- Virtual Sports
In January 2018, the casino joined its sister site to offer virtual sports. The Mohegan Sun casino allows the players to stream various sports events and place their bets on different outcomes. These games run 24*7 and following are the sports available:
- Car racing
- Motor racing
- Horse racing
- Dog racing
Mohegan Sun Casino Software
The Mohegan Sun is backed by the software provided by NYX Gaming. It is one of the well-reckoned software companies in the industry. The company offers a versatile portfolio of slots, poker, table games, etc. NYX gaming software is the provider for over 200 online casinos across the globe. Also, they include gaming products like IGT, NetEnt, Authentic Gaming, etc.
The Mohegan Sun Casino Mobile App
Mohegan Sun casino has done an excellent job of converting the web version of the casino into a mobile app. Players would hardly be able to point-out the difference between the two versions. The mobile app is highly intuitive and provides a similar comfortable experience as the desktop version. Players can download the mobile app easily from Apple’s App Store or Google Play Store.
The Mohegan Sun Casino app is available for both iOS and Android devices. It has around 340 slots along with an array of other games like roulette, blackjack, video poker, and scratch cards.
The game selection is bigger in comparison to what most of the casinos offer, owing to the association of NYX Gamings.
Mohegan Sun Casino Bonuses
The Mohegan Sun online casino extends the standard welcome bonus for newly registered players. Also, there is a promotion program called “spin the wheel” that allows the players to win prizes every day. Apart from these, there are not many promotional offerings on the website.
100% Match Up To $1000 on Deposit Bonus
The Mohegan Sun online casino provides a massive welcome bonus to all its new players. In this, the platform 100% matches the initial deposit up to $1000.
For instance, if a player registers and makes the initial deposit of $500, the platform will put an additional $500 in his or her account. Players can access the bonus by clicking on the My Account menu and then My Bonuses.
Thereafter, they have to select Deposit under the Active Bonus header. Here players can make their deposit and claim the offer.
Mohegan Sun offers one of the largest bonuses in the market, but there are some heavy clearing requirements.
Once players receive the bonus, they have to roll the bonus 150 times on table games, video poker, and roulette or 30 times on slots. Only by clearing these requirements, players will be able to access this bonus.
So if the players have deposited $100 and received a bonus of $100, they would have to wager $300 or $15000. And, there is a 30 days limit to meet these requirements before the bonus expires.
Spin For Daily Prizes
This is a great consolation prize for the underwhelming deposit bonus. Registered players of the Mohegan Sun casino can log in to the platform and get a chance to spin the free slot where they can play wheel games and acquire cash bonuses. Players get to enter into a weekly draw worth $1500 or earn a maximum prize of $3,000,000. Players get one spin for each of the below-mentioned games:
Slot Games Bonuses
- Ten entries to a weekly draw of $1500
- $1 bonus
- $2 bonus
- $5 bonus
- 5 entries to the weekly draw of $1500
- $1 bonus
- $2 bonus
- $5 bonus
- $50 bonus
- $3,000, 000
The top prize worth $3 million is paid out in cash, but other prizes are reckoned as bonuses and must be cleared prior to withdrawing. All the bonuses must be wagered five times on slots or 25 times on all other games.
The Mohegan Sun Casino Loyalty Program
The platform offers a VIP program that has both pros and cons. On the plus side, it extends cashback rewards to all players irrespective of their levels. As players move up the different loyalty levels, they acquire online benefits like higher cashback rewards and offline benefits like complimentary stay at the hotel.
These pros are somewhat offset by the cons. To begin with, this program is not highly rewarding until players are at some high level. While recreational players earn cashbacks, the conversion rate remains low until they have reached higher tiers in the program.
Another setback is that the offering is very complicated. There are nine tiers, and the website has dedicated an entire web page to explain each tier of this program. All the information can be a little overwhelming to take in. Below we have simplified the loyalty program for all.
|VIP Level||Points Required Each Month||EPs to Cash Conversion Rate|
|Storm||0||4,000 EPs per $1|
|Thunder||1,000||2,500 EPs per $1|
|Lightning||5,000||1,000 EPs per $1|
|Spark||20,000||606 EPs per $1|
|Flash||50,000||500 EPs per $1|
|Flare||150,000||400 EPs per $1|
|Wildfire||400,000||200 EPs per $1|
|Heat||1,000,000||167 EPs per $1|
|Blaze||2,000,000||133 EPs per $1|
The kind of banking options offered is an important factor. Players would expect to associate with a casino that offers versatile and secure banking services. The Mohegan Sun offers a wide range of deposit methods, but the withdrawal options are limited.
Mohegan Sun Deposit Options
Following are the deposit options available:
- PayPal — With a PayPal account, players can directly transfer money from their bank account to the casino account.
- ACH eCheck — Players who have an active bank account can leverage this method. Select this option, fill out bank details, and choose the deposit amount. The money will be instantly transferred to the Mohegan Sun account.
- PayNearMe — This option is ideal when players have cash in hand and wish to participate in gambling with the same. Choose PayNearMe and select an amount to acquire the slip. Players can either print the slip or save it on their phone. Thereafter, they have to take it to a local 7-Eleven and pay the cashier to fund their account.
- Online Bank Transfer — In this, players leverage their online bill pay feature to facilitate deposit to the casino account.
- Visa and Mastercard — Debit cards and credit cards by MasterCard or VISA can be used to deposit money into the Mohegan Sun casino account.
- Resorts Casino Hotel Cage — Players can visit the cashier’s cage at Resorts Casino in Atlantic City to make their deposit. They will need to provide a photo ID and account details.
- Mohegan Sun Card — It is a prepaid card that can be topped up by either credit card or echeck. The card can be used for both deposit and withdrawal.
Following are ways players can cash out their winnings:
- Paper check by mail
- Mohegan Sun Card
- Cash at the Resorts Casino cashier
- ACH transfer
Customer Support at The Mohegan Sun Online Casino
The Mohegan Sun Online Casinos customer support system is highly reliable. There are three ways to get in touch with the support team including:
- Toll-free phone number — 1-800-407-9167 (available from 12 pm to 8 pm)
- Live Chat can be accessed via the website. It is present on the bottom right corner labeled “Chat. Players can access it from 8 am to 12 am.
- Email — [email protected] (available 24*7)
Market Reputation of Mohegan Sun Casino
Mohegan Sun is one of the leading names in the hospitality industry of the USA. It has extended great features to keep the players entertained.
In 2019, 10 Best.com Readers’ Choice Awards by USA Today reckoned the Mohegan Sun casino as the best hotel. Moreover, it also bagged the fifth position in Best Player’s Club and Best Casino outside Las Vegas.
Despite being a new player in the market, the platform is performing well. The association with Resorts Casino helped the platform gain trust of the players. But it still has a long way to go.
The Mohegan Sun Online Casino is competing with some of the leading casinos including:
- Golden Nugget
- Caesars casinos.com
Mohegan Sun Casino Stops serving Alcohol on Gaming Floor
The government is taking some strict measures to stop the spread of coronavirus in the state. One of the decisions in this respect is the shutdown of all the bars that do not offer dine-in meals.
The Mohegan Sun Casino has recently announced that it would be suspending the gaming floor’s alcohol services. But these services are open in their restaurants. Moreover, it had previously banned indoor smoking as well.
We are at the end of our Mohegan Sun Online Casino review and hope you have found the information helpful. Founded in 2015, the online platform offers a massive collection of games. Also, the experience provided by both the desktop version and mobile app is seamless and engaging.
The bonus, promotion, and loyalty programs are the areas where the platform struggles. But, we hope that in the coming times, Mohegan Sun online casino offers more lucrative and flexible programs to its players. On the whole, it is one of the best gambling platforms out there that, along with a wide game selection, offers an exceptional user experience.
Is online casino Mohegan Sun legal in the United States?
- It is only legal in New Jersey. But the physical casinos have their presence in Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
Can I play blackjack on Mohegan Sun?
- Yes, it offers blackjack with betting limits standing between $0.10 and $1000. Some of the blackjack games include Blackjack Xchange, Atlantic City Blackjack Multi-Hand, 777 Blazing Blackjack, Multihand Blackjack, etc.
Is there the Mohegan Sun casino app?
- Yes, it has a dedicated mobile app. Players can download the app from both Google Play Store and Apple's App Store. The desktop and mobile app both provide an equally quality experience.
Who can play on the Mohegan Sun casino site?
- Bettors of New Jersey are the only ones allowed to play on the Mohegan Sun casino website. Also, the player needs to be 21-years old or more.
Who owns the Mohegan Sun?
- It is owned by Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority. It is the company's first online casino venture.
How do I know that the Mohegan Sun casino is safe?
- It is regulated by the state’s Division of Gaming Enforcement. Also, the website and mobile app are SSL encrypted to protect the users’ data.