#29 Weekly Digest – Latest News in US Gambling World
Do you want to keep yourself updated about the gambling sector? This news digest will give you all information on the recent news about the industry. We regularly update our site and keep our players informed on the latest details. As a result, our players can decide where and when they want to gamble. Check out here!
BetMGM Owes $3 Million To A Citizen In Michigan From Online Roulette
In Michigan, BetMGM is a well-known market leader, and many players gamble on the site. However, it has not yet been six months after the market has opened, and the brand now fights a legal battle. Jacqueline Davis has claimed that the gambling site owes her around $3 million in winnings. Now it is refusing to pay the money. There was a glitch in the game she won, and so they are not paying her the money. It happened while playing the Luck O’ the Roulette designed by Win Studios, she ran the account balance up to $11 million over five days. This game was available on the platform for a specified time in March.
After winning the eight-figure peak, she started to lose all other rounds. Finally, after her balance came down to $3 million, she decided to stop while she was much ahead in the game. In this matter, PlayMichigan extended support to BetMGM, but the spokesperson said no one has the right to comment on the legal matters of the company. One professional from the Michigan Gaming Control Board has revealed that as per the latest information, no complaint has been yet received by them from Davis.
Mary Kay Bean has said the expert team would review the complaint if it is made concerning all procedures. It is a 57-page complaint where Davis wrote she played the game for five days in March. Then, on the 18th of March, by depositing a $50 deposit, she started the game and played for $4.5 for the first time. After that, on the same day, she jumped to a $150 bet and on the amount, following which, she played for $5000.
As per BetMGM, Jeremy N. Kolman said the malfunction resulted in the win amount leading to inflated and inaccurate awards. Additionally, the lawsuit alleges conversion, fraud, and breach of contract by the brand.
Over Skill Game Gambling, Ban Hermie Sadler; An Ex-NASCAR Driver Sues Virginia Government
Hermie Sadler, a former NASCAR driver, is suing the government of Virginia, Ralph Northam, over an impending ban on skill game gambling. Last Monday, he addressed a press conference regarding the same. He owns numerous truck stops and restaurants in Emporia in Virginia. The ban will be effective from the 1st of July, and he claimed it is not right for small business owners like him. For almost two decades, he has relied on skill gaming revenue, and as per Daily Progress, he is set to lose $750,000 annually due to the ban.
About the Ban
The lawsuit that was filed says that it is unconstitutional and unenforceable. Additionally, it criticizes the legalization of sports betting and casino gambling decisions made by the Northam administration but cracking down on the machines. These have helped many business owners to overcome the financial pressure experienced during the pandemic. Bill Stanley, the lawyer of Sadler, said that they have decided to pick on a skill game as they think it is unseemly. But it is not true, and skill games are the backbone that has helped businesses thrive.
If the legalization of gambling has to occur in Virginia, the ban has to be removed first. But, most importantly, the legalization of all forms of gambling needs to be done and choosing losers and winners are un-Virginian and un-American.
Legal Gray Area
In Virginia, the slots were operating in different locations for many years, and till last year, it was considered under a grey area of the law. Gov. Northam last year planned to regulate the terminals and imposed a tax for one year to help businesses overcome the pandemic. But one year, it would again be illegal. However, if the state legalizes online gambling, it must permit skill games to be part of that. Sadler says he believes the state must follow the free market system, and skill games should be a part of legal gambling.
$10M Poker Tournament: The Largest Prize Pool By Wynn Las Vegas
The largest guaranteed poker tournament of the prize pool of $10 million is offered by Wynn Las Vegas. As the event date approaches, the executive director of poker operations, Ryan Beauregard, revealed he finds his mood is shifting by the week. Sometimes, he feels the pressure is also a bit increasing. However, he said it also depends on which side of the bed he wakes up.
It’s time to get ready for the Wynn Millions. The $10,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold ’em tournament comes with a prize pool of $10 million. On Friday, the event started with the first three starting flights. By now, three-day ones, on Monday and Tuesday, the two days 2s will take place. Then, on Wednesday, the remaining matches will be played, and it will continue till the 3rd of July, the final table.
To satisfy the raw guarantee, Wynn should have at least 1000 entrants. For covering $10 million, it requires 1064 and has allowed “the casino to take its planned $600 fee per entry.” It includes $200 for the staff and $400 for the house as per the tournament rules. Ryan Beauregard revealed that he is confident of getting at least 1500 entries. Even if he gets 2000, he won’t be surprised. He is just hoping that he should not be wrong. Irrespective of the outcome, he is excited to host a huge field of $10,000 buy-in events.
Well, this is all as of now, and for more gambling-related news, you can follow our digest. We will update you with more details to take part in the upcoming events.