English Premier League Sports Betting Sites
When the curtains open on the 2020/2021 Premier League season, on the 12th of September, it will be to very ecstatic support from sports and football enthusiasts all over the world. The coronavirus pandemic has changed football’s face as we know it, but many, including sports bettors, will be grateful that the beautiful game has returned. Thanks to the US Supreme Court’s groundbreaking decision in 2018, the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PAPSA) of 1992 was repealed. American sports bettors can now wager on their favorite football teams in England like Arsenal, Liverpool, and Manchester City.
The English Premier League has lived up to its name and is the world’s most popular league. The emergence of US players like Christian Pulisic and the improvement of Major League Soccer has made soccer more popular in the US. This article details all you need to maximize your earnings based on your predictions. We discuss the best sites to choose from, wager lines to pick, and tips to consider.
DraftKings Sportsbook Online Review
FanDuel Sportsbook Review & Bonus Code 2021
$5 risk free bet
Fox Bet Sportsbook
$500 risk free bet
Choosing a Sportsbook
The first step in EPL online sports betting is choosing a legal online sports betting site. The competition airs in several countries across the world, and each game provides bettors ample wagering opportunities. Choosing the best betting site is thus of paramount importance. A few features to consider include:
- Security: It is crucial to find out if the sportsbook is licensed and regulated. It ensures that the site is legal for you to wager on. Regulations also guarantee that your money is safe. There are several online betting sites, but a few have served the majority of Americans for a while and built a reputation. Hence, they are reliable.
- Ease of Deposits and Withdrawals: The process of wagering starts with making deposits and ends with withdrawals. A provider that makes the process easy is more respected. Commonly used deposit means include Debit cards, credit cards, Paypal, e-wallets, cryptocurrency. For withdrawals, e-wallets, cryptocurrency, direct bank transfers, or crediting funds back to the debit card is more common.
- Promotions and Bonuses: Some sportsbooks offer bonuses upon signing up. Some provide a risk-free bet for first wagers. There are a host of other enticing bonuses available on different sportsbooks. Occasional promotions, too, can sometimes be the nudge to give a sportsbook a try. These are useful considerations in deciding which sportsbook to use.
Loyalty programs for existing customers also vary from one provider to another. The benefits also vary and, depending on what entices the user, could influence the choice of the sportsbook.
- Betting Markets available: Although many sportsbooks may appear to have similar markets, they don’t provide the same markets for the same event. A good gambling site will offer every game from the league, and cover the major markets. Additional markets, like those we subsequently discuss, make it better. A comparison between two or more will help you make the best choice.
- How good the odds are: The best bookies are famous for their favorable odds. And these differ from one Bookmaker to the other. No two sportsbooks have the same odds. It is good to compare the wager lines and decide which helps you maximize profit based on your prediction.
- Do they have a Mobile App: The average person today works a lot with his or her mobile device, iOS, or android. Online wagering platforms with mobile apps are more portable and more comfortable to access, enhancing their appeal.
- Live Betting and Early Cashout: These are newer additions to the sports betting space. In the case of live betting, you can wager on a game in real-time. The odds increase or decrease, depending on the events that unfold. This adds a new angle to the online wagering experience. Early cashout gives bettors the chance to withdraw their earnings before the game ends – an interesting add.
Best US Sites for EPL Wagering
Online sports betting and casinos are fast taking the place of physical sportsbooks. With a wide range of options across Android and iOS platforms, users are getting spoilt for choice. Many still love the euphoria associated with watching games together with others and cashing out physical tickets. But the ease of placing online wagers means it keeps its appeal. Currently, bettors in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, West Virginia, and New Hampshire can place wagers on the English Premier League amidst other sports. Based on the features mentioned above, here is a list of our top choices.
- DraftKings: The Daily fantasy sports (DFS) franchise was one of the first sportsbooks to launch in the United States. Their platform features a unique technology with a fast user interface, and they have live betting options available. DraftKings is the best American sportsbook for live betting by far, and their “Flash Bet” offering is very interactive.
DraftKings boasts a $25 non-deposit sign up bonus. On signing up, you get 100 percent returns on your first bet up to $500 and up to $500 deposit bonus. Their fascinating parlay bonuses, referral bonuses, and daily boosted odds are very attractive options. DraftKings is the best option for mega bonuses and has tons of options available for making deposits and withdrawals. The provider has an app available on both Android and iOS platforms and the prospect of early cashout.
- FanDuel: Like DraftKings, FanDuel made the switch from Daily Fantasy Sports to Sports Booking after the PAPSA repeal. They are a hugely popular brand and have exceeded many expectations. FanDuel became the sportsbook to have an iOS app coded natively for iPhones and iPads alongside their android app. The app has a classy and straightforward interface that is easy to understand, although occasional bugs are a minus.
FanDuel offers a $500 risk-free first bet after a user signs up. If you lose your first wager, you get a refund of up to $500. They offer live betting options, but the overall experience with markets and odds available is not as good as most counterparts.
- PointsBet: PointsBet is a sportsbook based in Australia that operates legally in the United States. It launched in New Jersey in 2019 and has since expanded to other states. There is a mobile app available for Android and iOS users on the android and apple app stores. The platform has a unique PointsBetting option – a high-risk, high-reward wager type, and players can earn more and lose more.
Users have several options for making deposits and withdrawals. There is a $200 risk-free bonus available to new customers. Up to $100 refund if the player’s first wager loses and up to $100 for the player’s first PointsBetting wager.
- SugarHouse: It is one of the popular options available to American bettors. The sportsbook is the sports betting arm of PlaySugarHouse online casino. It is a choice site if fast deposits and straightforward bonuses are preferred. There is a mobile app available for android and apple users, and the platform also has live betting and cash out options.
The sportsbook offers up to a $250 deposit bonus, which requires a minimum deposit of $10. The bonus is easy to redeem – only wagered once, but there are no daily or weekly promotions. Their deposit and withdrawal options are much better than their competitors.
- Caesars Sportsbook: The platform is relatively new and does not have all the features of modern sportsbooks. But players can wager in-play on EPL matches via their live-betting platform. There are options for cash out available on selected events as well.
The sportsbook offers new users a $10 no deposit bonus. Once the user verifies his or her account, the $10 pays into the user’s account. There is also a 100 percent bonus of up to $300 on the user’s first cash deposit. There are also several deposit and withdrawal options on the platform.
- BetMGM Sportsbook: The sportsbook is one of those taking the American sports betting marketplace by storm. It is the result of a partnership between MGM Resorts International and Roar Digital. They are one of the very few sportsbooks that allow users to stream select sports events live, and offer some of the best futures odds. The sportsbook has tons of deposit options. $10 is the minimum deposit amount for all payment methods, $20 is the minimum withdrawal amount.
They have enticing bonuses for new customers, with a 100 percent risk-free deposit bonus up to $500. If the first wager loses, the user can wager the bonus and keep the winnings. There are several other promotions for existing customers like the weekly free bet offer. The app is available on android and iOS platforms.
- Golden Nugget: The sportsbook is an affiliation of the Las Vegas and Atlantic City casinos, which have been in operation for years. They offer an array of leagues to choose from with enticing promotions and loyalty rewards for existing customers.
The sportsbook offers a $100 risk-free bet to new customers on their first deposit if the deposit is a minimum of $100. There are several promotions on the provider, like Golden Line, Parlay Boost, etc. There is a mobile interface available on android and iOS too.
- William Hill: This is one of the oldest brands on the market. It was founded in 1934 but has consistently remained a strong force, now in the online space. They have an extensive with European football, offering extensive wagering lines across the league. The app interface can still improve, and the platform can provide better bonuses, but the sportsbook still provides an exciting betting experience.
There are options for live betting, Live stream, and early cash-out. They offer a 100% deposit match of up to $150.
EPL Wagering Lines
The markets for EPL sports betting are various, and they keep increasing. With coupons and promo codes, bettors can also boost their earnings on selected events, expanding the appeal of sportsbooks that offer such promotions. Some of the most common types of bets to wager on the EPL include:
- Money Line: It is one of the most straightforward bets to place. It means betting on a specific team to win a game. It might seem difficult to understand, except you are familiar with the essentials. There is a favorite and an underdog with odds at both ends of the money line. And wagers placed on the underdog yield more winnings than those on the favorite.
- Point Spread: Point spread bets, also referred to as the “Handicap” is the number of points or goals taken from the favorite or given to the underdog, opening the chances for either team to win the wager evenly. The favorite has to make up the points or goals subtracted, or the underdog has to maintain the headstart for the bet to win.
- Asian Handicap: This handicap form of soccer betting is very common in Asia, hence the name. The main difference between the Point spread and this type is that it eliminates the possibility of a draw in the match – reducing the match possibilities to two. The handicap is usually one and a half goals. The favorite is deducted 1.5 goals and has to score two for the bet to win and vice-versa for the underdog.
- Totals: For this, bettors place wagers on the expected total number of goals, corners, or other scores. Overs or Unders bet is another name for this. The wager is on whether the combined points or goals exceed the oddsmaker’s set total or not. If the user selects a totals bet selection of over 2.5 in a game between Arsenal and Chelsea, both teams need to score three goals combined for the bet to win.
- Props: Prop bets are such that don’t have a bearing on the outcome of the match. But they are placed on the occurrence or non-occurrence of a particular event during the game. Prop bets are hugely popular in soccer and especially in the English Premier League.
They could depend on occurrences that are up to a player, team, or game. Selections like First Goalscorer, Player to be carded, Player of the year, and Team to have the highest corners are examples of common prop bets in the EPL.
- Parlays: Parlay or accumulator wagers are those where multiple outcomes are picked from different games and wagered on together. For the bet to win, all selected results must occur as chosen.
- Futures: A futures bet is one placed on an event that will finish in the future. It could be an event, league, or season that will end in the future, and not on the day the player places the wager. Manchester City is +105 to win the Premier League for the 2020/21 season – a useful futures bet to wager on. Players can also place wagers on relegation candidates. Aston Villa and Fulham are favorites for this.
- The live Betting: The live betting feature is becoming a hugely popular choice for EPL online sports betting. The feature makes for exciting odds that fluctuate in real-time and possibly increase the expected returns based on the bettor’s prediction.
It allows players to wager on occurrences after the game has started, and during the match like Who will score the next goal, Will either team finish with a clean sheet, Both sides to score, etc.
Things to Know in Placing Epl Wagers
The English Premier League stands alone as the most popular league in the world and rightly so. The history of soccer in England is remarkable. The Bundesliga and La Liga are not too far behind and have had teams like Bayern Munchen and Real Madrid dominate English teams on continental grounds in recent years. But when Liverpool lifted the Champions League in 2019, it was apparent how far-reaching the EPL’s impact is.
With five domestic champions in the last eight years, no league is as competitive as the Premier League. None is as physical either. The demands are higher on the players. No other league in Europe has a Christmas run-in. While their counterparts Netflix and chill, EPL players slug it out over Christmas and New Year. Sports bettors will always appreciate the festive winnings. The next season promises to be just as exciting, and sports betting enthusiasts can’t wait. To ensure your winnings keep coming;
- Research – The EPL is unpredictable, but history tends to repeat itself. In choosing your wager, back it up with stats and facts. Explore previous matches and Head to Heads, pre-match conferences and make predictions based on these. The process can be time-consuming, but it eventually helps you make informed choices that ensure winnings. You can check the official premier league website or stat websites like Opta for facts and figures pre-game.
- Avoid betting on your favorite team – It’s not wrong to wager on your favorite team, and we are not saying you should not at all. But be careful to avoid making sentimental choices that end up backfiring. The goal of betting is to win, and this has to remain the main aim. What you should do is take more effort to research these games and increase your chances of winning and eliminate any bias.
You now have an overview of the English Premier League and how to wager on the competition. Once you pick the perfect sportsbook, your EPL sports betting is not going to suffer. The coronavirus pandemic has changed the face of football as we know it. Empty stadia followed the initial canceling of all sporting activities. But now the league season has ended, and another is to come. The types of bets to place keep increasing, and an excellent sportsbook will make the experience all the more rewarding.
Manchester City and Liverpool are the firm favorites for the title challenge, but Chelsea, Manchester United, and Arsenal might not be so far behind next season.
The best betting sites for wagering on the: