A Guide to the Best La Liga Betting Sites Online
DraftKings Sportsbook Online Review
FanDuel Sportsbook Review & Bonus Code 2021
$5 risk free bet
Fox Bet Sportsbook
$500 risk free bet
How Does La Liga Work?
La Liga is a Spanish football league that comprises 20 teams. While all teams are fighting for a place in the final, only a small number of teams have a chance to end up at the top of the league table. Real Madrid and Barcelona are the two teams that are the perennial favorites, but Atletico Madrid has also emerged as the third most popular La Liga club.
In the majority of cases, La Liga determines their tie-breakers through goal differences. However, if the clubs are ranked with the same points, then the tie is broken down in the form of:
- Goal difference
- Head-to-head goal difference between tied teams
- Head-to-head points difference between tied teams
Nevertheless, if the tie still isn’t broken, the winner is decided based on Fair Play Scales:
- Stadium closure – 10 points
- Misconduct of supporters – 5-7 points
- Suspension of a coach or other club personnel – 5 points
- Direct red card – 3 points
- Doubled yellow card/ejection – 2 points
- Receiving a yellow card – 1 point
Again, if the tie is still not broken and the clubs are still level, the final ranking will be determined with a tie-break match played between the two tied teams in a neutral stadium.
For a sports bettor in the US, it is extremely important to know how the tie-breaker works. It will enable you to understand the bets and odds clearly so that you can make an informed decision.
La Liga Relegation
The La Liga relegation system is quite straightforward with the bottom three teams automatically relegated to the second division, which is also known as La Liga 2 (renamed from Segunda Division). The top two teams from the second division are promoted to La Liga. On the other hand, teams finishing between third and sixth positions take part in the play-off system. It works in a way that the no.5 team plays against the no.4 team, while the no.6 team plays against the no.3 team. This allows determining the two finalists. The winner of this tie joins the two already promoted teams in La Liga.
At first, it can be a little overwhelming to digest all this information. You are advised to watch more games before you start your La Liga betting journey so that you don’t lose money without knowing anything.
La Liga European Qualification
The top three clubs in La Liga get direct entry to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League. And the team that finishes fourth in La Liga is given a chance to qualify for Europe’s most elite tournament through a play-off round.
List of the Best Websites to bet on La Liga in the United States
Since there is a selection of gambling sites, choosing the best can be a little daunting task. Also, it is advised that you should only play at those websites that specifically cater to soccer betting in the USA.
To help you out, we have created a list of the best websites to bet on la Liga in the US. Below is a table that mentions each website with the bonuses and promo codes they offer:
|Gambling Websites||Bonuses and Promo Codes|
|SugarHouse||$250 Instant Deposit Match|
|Golden Nugget||Get a $100 refund bonus on losing your first bet|
|William Hill||Up to $250 in free bets|
Types of Bets to Wager on La Liga
The following are the most popular types of La Liga betting offered at real money sites in the US. Each bet comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Handicap Bets: Handicap bets are offered by the sportsbook when there is a standout favorite in a particular La Liga match. Therefore, whether it is backing Barcelona to win at -2 or Real Madrid to overcome Alaves with a +1.5, handicap bets are well worth using.
- Over/Under Bets: When a La Liga match experiences a host of goal-scoring threats, bettors can bet on the number of goals to be scored in that particular match.
- Double Chance: Double Chance is a bet type that allows bettors to wager on two potential outcomes – home team win or away team win, away team win or draw, and home team win or draw.
- First Goalscorer: This is a bet where bettors bet on who will score the first goal of the match.
- Total Corners: This is another popular La Liga bet where bettors can bet on the number of corners awarded to a particular team during the La Liga match.
- Half Time/Full Time: Bettors can bet on the scoreline at half time and full time.
Odds for La Liga
La Liga betting odds differ from sportsbook to sportsbook. Since there are dozens of soccer bet types available, it is important that you make sure you are taking full advantage of the best La Liga odds available. You can utilize the odds comparison platforms that are available on websites. The odds will highly depend on the type of bets you are choosing.
How to Read Odds for la Liga
In the US, fractional odds are followed by websites. They are not only easy to read but easy to recognize as well. You can determine them by a (/) connecting the two numbers.
The number before the (/) tells how much you will win. And the number after the (/) tells the stake.
Let’s understand this with an example:
In a game between Barcelona and Real Madrid are as follows:
- Away: 19/1
- Home: 2/14
- Draw: 8/1
The odds are subject to change even before the game starts. If you are putting money on Barcelona, at home with odds 2/14, you will not earn much profit. For every $14 you bet, your earnings will be $2. On the other hand, if you bet that the game ends in a draw and your prediction turns out to be true, for every $1 you bet, you will earn $8.
This is how La Liga odds work.
La Liga Betting Tips
If you are looking for La Liga betting tips, we have brought you the fundamentals that will help you with your betting journey.
La Liga in-play betting has become quite popular. Bettors are advised to keep a close eye on the in-play betting options offered by websites because they offer good bonuses and the ability to cash out on your bet.
Full-time results are the easiest bets to make. If you know who is going to win the game with the correct score, you will cash out on your bet.
Always look at the statistics of both the team and individual players. It will allow you to determine the condition of the club you have vouched for.
Barcelona’s Marc-Andre Ter Stegen Set for First Appearance of the Season after Knee Injury
Barcelona Goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen is all set to play his first Champions League encounter after a knee injury. He will be defending the goal post against Dynamo Kyiv. The goalkeeper underwent knee surgery in August that prevented him from playing the starting games of the season.
This is everything you need to know about La Liga betting in the United States. If you are new to the scenario and have never placed a wager on a La Liga match, it is important that you understand the odds perfectly and determine what are the possible bet types available. The more you learn, the more informed you become and this will help you with your La Liga betting strategy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to bet on La Liga online?
- Yes, it is completely legal to bet on La Liga given that you are over 18 years of age and are using a trusted and regulated website.
How does over/under work in La Liga betting?
- Over/under bets are one of the easiest ways to bet on La Liga. It is based on the total number of goals scored by the two La Liga teams playing against each other. It works in a way that a sportsbook will announce an estimated total score that both the teams will score. As a bettor, you have the option to choose whether the team will be scoring higher or lower than the estimated total score by the sportsbook.
Can I bet on La Liga with a mobile app?
- Yes, with a dedicated app, you can bet on La Liga. Most sportsbooks offer a mobile app for players to play on the go.
What is the best team to bet on in La Liga?
- While Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid are the top three teams of the tournament, you should also look forward to the following teams playing: Getafe, Valencia, Villarreal, Sevilla.