A Guide to Online Sportsbook Bonuses and Bonus Codes in the US
With the ever-increasing number of online sports betting sites, USA, and the world is currently pervaded with; there has been a need for these gambling operators to come up with sports betting bonuses to help fight off competition and attract bettors. We will be talking about all the best betting bonus offers available to you, and how they work, and the best sportsbook welcome bonus codes out there in the USA in 2022.
Sportsbooks with the Best Betting Bonuses
$88 in free bets
Empire City Bets
Hollywood Races Online Review & Bonus Code
Types of Betting Bonuses
- Match Bonus: This is one of the most common types of betting bonuses for real money out there. Match bonuses usually come in the form of a welcome sign up bonus on sportsbooks, where a certain percentage matches your first deposit up to a particular amount. For instance, a 100% match bonus up to $200 welcome bonus deposit is the most popular variant of this type of offers.
- Free Bet Bonus: Free bets bonuses are quite similar to the Match Bonus but different in the sense that this sportsbook welcome bonus is given to the new players when they actually make a wager. He will be given a percentage of his wager to bet with as a bonus bet irrespective of if he loses the bet or not.
- Risk-free Bet Bonus: It is important to know the difference between this and the “free bet bonus,” which is that this betting bonus is, in essence, an insurance bonus. If you place a wager and lose, the risk-free bet bonus is what kicks in and gives you a betting bonus to play with. If you win your bet, however, it doesn’t come into play.
- No-Deposit Bonus: This is a favorite amongst gamblers everywhere and is straight to the point. As the name implies, you do not need to make a deposit to retrieve a bonus upon signing up. All you need to do is signup, and you will have your bonus ready to stake with.
- Reload Bonus: Out of all the betting bonuses, the reload bonus is one of the few that is not exclusive to newcomers at a particular sportsbook. It is a bonus that is offered by several sportsbooks to regular gamblers at their site, usually as a percentage of their subsequent deposits. For instance, if offered a 20% reload bonus, and you deposit $100, you are expecting a $20 reload bonus.
- Refer-a-Friend Bonus: There may be nuances in the application of this betting bonus from one sportsbook to another, but the premise is essentially the same. It requires you registering with the sportsbook, then referring your friends, and both you and your referrals get bonuses for participating in this exercise. And this bonus is different from any other bonus that may already be available from said operator.
How Betting Bonuses Work
Betting bonuses are broadly classified into two, based on their cashability – the cashable bonus, and the non-cashable/sticky bonus. The key difference is that the sticky bonus is only a means to an end and cannot be included in your winnings, unlike the cashable bonus. However, this does not mean that cashable bonuses can just be withdrawn because that would be bad business for gambling operators. These bonuses have to be regulated, usually through wagering requirements (or playthrough requirements) that you have to fulfill before you can cash out from them. This usually involves a number of rollovers that the betting bonuses required.
Betting Bonuses for Playing on Mobile
With the majority of online activities moving to mobile devices, gambling operators have decided to take advantage of that to attract on-the-go bettors to their site. This is done with betting bonuses that are available to punters on their mobile devices through their mobile applications. Some of these mobile bonuses are even available to you, even if you already have an account. All you need to do is access the sportsbook website through their mobile application to get this bonus.
Some Best Betting Bonuses, Bonus Codes in The USA
|Sportsbook||Betting Bonus Codes||Bonus Type|
|PointsBet||“POINTSVIP”||Deposit Bonus: $100 bonus on $50 deposit|
|MGM||“PLAYNJFREE”||No-deposit Bonus: $25|
Deposit Bonus: 100% up to $1000
|SugarHouse||“SUGARGAMBLER”||Deposit Bonus: $250 on first deposit|
Deposit: 100% up to $300
|888||“USECOUPON”||Free bet: Bet £10 get £30|
|Hard Rock||No code||Risk-free bet: $100 on first bet|
Betting Bonuses: Making It or Breaking It
Betting bonuses can be bad for a few reasons, the largest being that the very aim of the idea is to keep you playing. And that is something that could lead to bad gambling habits and, subsequently, addiction. It could also flatter you into thinking that you have a bankroll bigger than you do, especially if you haven’t looked through the wagering requirements properly. This could lead you to gambling wrongly and contrary to any bankroll strategy you had before. On the flip side, however, if you have taken your time to look through the wagering requirements, you will realise that the betting bonuses offered to you actually help your bankroll. Also, if it is a no-deposit, welcome, or free bet bonus, you could use your bonus as a means to understand the dynamics of the games you wish to stake on.
Betting bonuses are a very important part of the evolution of online sports betting and offer both the player and the gambling operator an avenue for a win. However, on the part of the player, you must know fully well the kinds of the bonus being offered by the sportsbook, the wagering requirements, all kinds of games you can play, and so on. This would make for an enjoyable and possibly rewarding time at the games.
To entice players to use and continue using their site.
You have to identify if it is a cashable bonus and find out the wagering requirements to know if and when you can withdraw your betting bonus.
All you have to do is sign up and meet the necessary requirements. Such as making a deposit to claim your welcome bonus.
You have to check with the authorities in your jurisdiction to find that out, but the most common betting ages allowed are 18+ and 21+.
Some real money online sports betting sites offer betting bonuses like the reload bonus and the refer-a-friend bonus available for regular players.
Most sportsbook sites are willing to offer you bonuses for all the sports that they offer. You have to check at the site before signing up, however.