Full Review on Best Kentucky Online Sports Betting Sites
Though the United States is often called the casino and sports bidding hub of the world, there are plenty of states and cities that have not legalized it completely. Kentucky is among those states that have not opened the doors for sports betting. In context of the state’s law, sports bidding of any sort, either live bookie or online sportsbooks in Kentucky, is considered illegal. The state of Kentucky has not shown the green flag for sports betting.
The enthusiasts of Kentucky have to cross borders of the state in order to relish the benefits. There are many offshore US sites offering opportunities for residents, but it is not a safe mode to bid your money. There are plenty of legalities regarding the approval of Kentucky online betting. Currently, there is no scope for mobile apps to go live in the state, but in the coming years, we can witness some transformation in the situation. Till then, we can only hope that Kentucky residents get to enjoy the opportunities real soon. An Overview of Legal Sports Betting in Kentucky, 2020 There have been instances where the lawmakers of Kentucky have tried to license and regulate betting in the state, but every time the efforts went in vain. In the legislative session of 2019, the state’s House Committee presented a bill to bring it to the floor vote, but unfortunately, the bill didn’t go to the floor, and it was never passed.
Again, in the 2020s legislative session, the bill KY HB 137 was presented to legalize the sports betting in the state, but in the presence of the same committee, the bill again didn’t reach the floor vote. Many prominent reasons halted the bill this time. First and foremost, is the current COVID-19 pandemic that is preventing the committee members from giving a vote. The current situation also became a reason for shortening the legislative session. Another big reason that worked against the bill was the unwillingness of Republicans to favor the bill. Without the majority of support, the bill won’t be able to reach the floor. Hence, the bill didn’t see the light. Hopefully, the next legislative session after the pandemic will certainly consider the bill, and Kentucky residents will get a positive outcome from it.
Best Casinos To Play
Is Gambling Legal in Kentucky?
It is a common question that people have in their minds when they hear about Kentucky online sports betting. People want to know what will be the outcome of when indulging with unlicensed live bookies or online sites. The state law is stringent regarding the gambling that restricts sports betting in the jurisdiction. The legislation doesn’t support any bookmakers to conduct land-based or online sports sites in the jurisdiction. It is a punishable offense that might get you arrested or fine you preposterously. You might think that offshore US sites are a perfect option for you in Kentucky. But, never try to make such grave mistakes. If you don’t want to get entangled in the legalities, it is advised not to fall prey for such offshore sites. It would be beneficial if you wait for a little time until Kentucky state law approved sports betting. Hopefully, next year, there would be some positive news regarding this situation in Kentucky.
How To Register At Kentucky Sportsbooks?
In terms of signing up at Kentucky online sports betting sites, nothing can be said at this point. Sports betting is yet to legalize in this state, which will hopefully be done by 2022. In 2019, 2020, and 2021, the bill was rejected three times. That’s the reason, citizens could not explore betting. Once it gets sanctioned, we can discuss the registration process. However, in most states, two processes which punters follow to register are explained here. They can follow the one that applies hereafter legalization.
- Firstly, if online betting gets sanctioned, you have to pick a Kentucky sportsbook, click on the signup section, and fill in on the particulars to register.
- Secondly, if it is an in-person registration, you must visit a physical enterprise to complete the signup and play.
Types Of Bets Available In Kentucky
Make sure to understand the different types of bet that will be available in Kentucky after sports betting gets sanctioned.
- Moneyline: In some of the best sportsbooks in Kentucky, it is named win or straight bet. Whatever it is, the meaning of the wager remains the same. It is a bet that you have to place on the team that will win the event. It looks pretty simple but involves a massive amount of money.
- Points Spread: This type of wager is prevalent in football and basketball events and is a straight bet. You place it on a team that will cover the spread. The bookmaker creates it, and for favorites, points are deducted, and for the underdog, it is the opposite. The size of the spread will indicate the number of points deducted and awarded.
Prominent Players That Are Expected To Enter in Kentucky Online Sports Betting
The path for Kentucky online sports betting is quite clear as the bill entered the house committee this year. Once the pandemic situation is tamed down, the next legislation session will consider the bill. There are many top US sites that have emerged as the major contenders that might compete against each other. Some names that have emerged are listed below-:
It is a user-friendly US-based online sports betting site that offers wide range of gambling games like poker, racebook, etc. It is one of the ideal real money betting sites that you can consider once it is legal in Kentucky. It belongs to Salmon River Technologies which is a prestigious company licensed under Kahnawake Gaming Commission. The platform facilitates safe and convenient deposits and withdrawals that enhance the gameplays.
It is a one stop destination for all types of sports bet with quality customer service. The best thing about SportsBetting is that everything is smooth like a cake, you would not have to worry about anything when it comes to signing up or making deposits or withdrawals. It is a US friendly site which is highly popular in majority of the US states, and it is likely to make its way to the Kentucky online sports betting industry as well. It offers regular bonuses and promotions to the users to enhance their experience.
It is one of the preferred online sports betting platform in the US that provides opportunity for bettors to make their bid and get attractive promotion. 5Dimes Sportbooks has a wide range of selection for casino games that you can enjoy. Sports that you can bet on with 5Dimes Sportsbook are racing, golf, soccer, boxing, baseball, football, etc. It is also one of the major contenders that might emerge as a strong player in Kentucky online sports betting industry.
It is another popular name in the US sports betting industry that holds the potential of highlight it prowess in the coming years. Once Kentucky legalizes online sports betting, BetDSI will not take much time to attract Kentucky residents. This mobile betting site is brimmed with features that you will hardly find anywhere else. You can enter BetDSI through desktop or iOS or Android devices. With BetDSI, you can bet on hockey, baseball, tennis and other popular sports in the state. It would be great to witness how BetDSI offers bonuses and promotions to the Kentucky residents.
Aspects to Consider Before Betting in Kentucky
You need to ask yourself before you invest in any online sports betting platform, once it is legal in the state of Kentucky. While Kentucky is currently not hosting any land based or online sports betting, the next two three years can bring some positive results on this matter. A number of sports betting sites will be launched that will make your decision further challenging. It is important to think about all the major factors that contributes to making the platform reliable. Here are a few aspects that you must always consider before making a selection.
- Banking Methods: You must ascertain the banking methods used by the platform for the deposits and withdrawals. It should be safe and secured with multiple payment options. A reliable platform will support deposits and withdrawals through eWallets, debit/credit cards, internet banking, direct transfers, etc.
- Security: You cannot compromise on the security when it comes to biding your money on sports betting sites. You must ascertain that the platform is credible and safe to indulge in. It must have high level security and SSL encryption.
- Promotions and Bonuses: Promotions and bonuses are the major highlights of online sports betting that sets them apart from land based ones. A good platform would want their customers to stay, so they will be offering promotions and bonuses at regular intervals.
- Reputation and Legalization: Check the veracity and credibility of the sites by looking into the reviews and number of signed in users. You can also check the legal license of the site before playing.
- Loyalty Programs: Loyalty programs are exclusively run by online sports betting sites and casino games. It is a program meant for the players who are regular at the site. The loyalty program can offer you extra earning.
- Customer Support: When Kentucky will legalize online sports betting, you will be new to it and might face issues at every step. It is essential that the platform has a strong customer support system.
- Choice of Games: Platforms must offer you a wide range of online games that will enhance your gameplay. Always choose a site that has better games and more choices as you would not want to switch websites to play more games.
- Apps: Every credible betting platform has an app today that makes it easier for users to play. Check whether the concerned platform has a dedicated app for its users.
- Software: The sports betting sites must be made on upgraded software that will increase the gaming quality and minimize lagging. Look for a platform that has an updated software.
Kentucky Teams To Bet On
As we have now known about the most crucial sportsbooks that are expected to venture into Kentucky’s sports betting market, it’s time to take a look at top teams. Unfortunately, there are no professional sports teams available in this state. But players can bet on other teams and players by signing up on Kentucky sports betting apps.
Whether betting on college sports would be allowed or not is difficult to say at this moment because legalization is pending. But through a Kentucky online sportsbook, you can bet on many other teams if they do not allow betting on college sports.
Horse Betting In Kentucky
Online horse betting is allowed in this state and the opportunities are vast. A legal site with a mobile app operates in Kentucky, TwinSpires, through which you can place bets. This state has a rich tradition of horse racing, and the first official track was introduced in 1805. However, there are no casinos present, but the six racetracks allow you to bet instantly.
Sports Events In Kentucky To Bet On
The sports events to place wagers after legalization has taken place are:
- National Football League: The 102nd NFL season will begin on the 9th of September 2021, and it is a 17-game schedule instead of 16. The Super Bowl LIV champion will be hosted on the 13th of January 2022 and the Pro Bowl on the 6th of February 2022. You will get several betting options during and before the events provided online sports betting Kentucky gets sanctioned.
- National Basketball Association: The playoffs will start from the 16th of April 2022 to the 30th of May 2022. The Finals are scheduled to take place from the 2nd of June to the 19th of June 2022. This event has 82 games and 30 teams, and you will have different bets to place through Kentucky betting sites. Their TV partners are TNT, ABC/ESPN, and NBA TV.
The Benefits Of Betting Online In Kentucky
The benefits listed here can be experienced after legalization has taken place in this state. Once players are allowed to place bets, here are some of the advantages they can get:
- Convenience: The most crucial advantage that players can enjoy is the convenience that Kentucky online gambling offers. Here placing wagers is easier, and you can get access to various sections. It saves a lot of time, and you can place live bets. In addition, there is no need to travel to a physical location.
- Generous Promotions: Another benefit is you will get great bonuses from time to time to use while placing the wagers. This thing is not present at land-based bookies.
Live Betting Options Through Kentucky Sports Betting Apps
Live betting on the top gambling sites takes place when an event is going on. You can place bets on options like, ‘which team will have the maximum goals in the first half’, ‘which player will make the first goal’, etc. Once the sites start operating legally after legalization, you can go for live betting.
DFS In Kentucky
A bill regarding the legalization of Daily Fantasy Sports was passed, and it has received votes in the House but not enough votes to pass in the Senate. But still, sites like FanDuel, Yahoo, Fantasy Draft, and DraftKings are operating in the state. Further, a Koenig bill was passed so we can get some good news quite soon. Well, the minimum age to place bets in fantasy sports is 18 years. Players have to comply by this rule if they wish to play DFS.
The Future of Kentucky Sports Betting
The bill for sports betting in Kentucky has made a long way in the past two years. The bill KY HB 137, made its way through the house committee this year on 15th January. It only requires the floor voting to pass; it has come halfway, and the rest of the path seems a cakewalk. The COVID-19 pandemic became a significant hindrance to the passing of the bill. According to the bill, the sports betting in Kentucky will take up 10.25% of its revenue from the land-based locations and 14.25% from the mobile platforms and websites. All the revenue money will be contributed towards the Kentucky pension system, and additionally, it will be utilized for services and fee programs.
The finance experts say that the legalization of sports betting in the state can bring around $22.5 million in revenue to the state’s economy. That’s why lawmakers are trying their best to legalize sports betting that can eventually contribute to the economy. With the neighbouring states conducting legal sports betting and adding up to their revenue, it’s high time that Kentucky should also relish the benefits. After legalizing it, Kentucky will be able to fuel the pension system and provide the residents.
No, currently, Kentucky’s state law doesn’t permit legal sports betting. Both land based and online.
Yes, horse race betting is legal in Kentucky.
No, you cannot use FanDuel in the jurisdiction of Kentucky as the state’s laws has not legalized sport betting of any sorts.
Currently, Kentucky’s state law has to clarified anything on the legal age for betting in the state. Once, the bill is passed we shall get more clarification on this.
No, you cannot currently play poker in Kentucky, but once, it is legalized, you will be able to enjoy many online poker games.
These are some names that can probably enter the Kentucky online sports betting-: Bovada Sportsbook, SportsBetting, 5Dimes Sportsbook, BetDSI
No, it is illegal to play on offshore online betting sites in Kentucky.
As no casinos operate in this state, sports betting would take place online, mainly after legalization.
Players who would qualify for the age requirements can place bets on sports.
The Kentucky Lottery Commission looks after every aspect of sports betting.
It depends on the sports betting bill that will get legalized by 2022, hopefully.
To get started with placing legal sports bets in Kentucky, you have to sign up on a sportsbook only after it is legalized.
No law about legalization exists in this state, but sites like FanDuel, DraftKings, etc., are operating.
No, eSports betting has not been allowed in this state yet.
Players can play on these sites, but nothing can be said as DFS has not been legalized.
It is difficult to say anything about downloading the application because of the legalization unfinished in tihis state.
Might be not, but for a more clear answer, we have to wait for the final approval of sports betting.
Definitely, yes. You have to be inside the state while gambling.
In most states, the age limit is 21 years. So citizens can expect the age prerequisite in Kentucky to be near this age-mark.