Louisiana Online Gambling Review
Louisiana online gambling causes a lot of discussions, views, and perceptions. The State is well known for its good food, music, and unique cultural beliefs. However, they don’t seem to be devoted fans of online gambling. But, for now, there seems to be some level of progress in that area. This doesn’t guarantee the freedom of punters regarding placing bets. The act is explicitly criminalized in the State.
$88 in free bets
Empire City Bets
Hollywood Races Online Review & Bonus Code
Louisiana Anti-online Gambling Laws
Issues are surrounding online gambling in this State. At the time of Louisiana’s inclusion into the union, gambling and general betting were standard practices. Since several years back, the state laws have decided to allow casino operations and later stop them. Fortunately, there was a little change in the regulations. It was for the legalization of online horse betting. Punters saw this as a significant change, and lots of people took advantage of this opportunity. Some years into the State’s online gambling activities, 15 riverboat casinos were allowed, and video poker machines in commercial outlets were permitted. We await an influx of fantastic platforms (including poker sites) once the bill gets legalized.
In 2019, the lawmakers failed to get sports betting legalized in the state. Again in 2020, efforts were made to sanction sports betting, which was considered for legalization in November. After that, the lawmakers undertook the task of passing the bill in the legislature season of 2021, following which 20 retail casinos and racinos can opt for a license.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Gambling Site
If you follow through with online gambling in this State, you should have some high hopes. However, bettors need to comprehend some factors that guarantee the best gambling experience. Some of the requirements for Louisiana online gambling sites are below:
- Banking methods: For deposits and withdrawals, the payment methods of whatever gambling site you choose is vital. Many of the platforms that provide services related to online betting typically have several banking options. Examples of the standard methods are Neteller, PayPal, Credit Cards, and more.
- Security: It’s crucial always to confirm the security level of any gambling site. Some of the platforms for online betting make use of 128 Encryption to avoid data loss. Without a secure site, you can’t be sure of the safety of your data.
- Promotions and Bonuses: Most real money casino sites deal with bonuses and promotions. It’s a necessary tool for getting new punters and keeping the old ones. Examples include the no deposit bonuses, welcome bonuses, risk-free bonuses, and more.
- Reputation and Legalization: How reputable is the platform you consider? If you’re sure that an online platform is reputable, you can go for it. However, this may require a bit of research. Records, reviews, and other vital materials are crucial. Also, make sure that they perform legal gambling activities.
- Loyalty programs: Ever heard of unique bonuses for punters who have spent a specific amount of time with a particular gambling platform. Loyalty programs are a way of saying thank you to loyal bettors. Many of these websites have enticing bonuses.
- Customer support: There’s a very high possibility of facing specific challenges along the way in any gambling site you choose. However, the question is, “Are there qualified professionals that can help?” Please be sure about their means of communication.
- Choice of games: This factor is essential in choosing a gambling site. Many platforms provide different online casino games. First, you need to be sure that you have a game that attracts you. Moreover, you may decide to explore their other options too.
- Apps: The use of mobile applications is an excellent feature that many online betting sites provide. Apps that are compatible with your mobile devices can work anywhere. Moreover, ensure that those applications are downloadable on your mobile device. Please, note that some platforms provide mobile-optimized sites instead of an actual application.
- Software: If you’re conversant with online gambling, you should know a few things about the industry’s software. Most websites provide top-notch software for their bettors. However, some aren’t at the top of their software game. Most online poker casinos protect regular wagering. Hence, they may employ geolocation software and an age verification process.
Louisiana Tribal Land-Based Casinos, Daily Fantasy Sports, and Lottery
Louisiana seems to have more tribal land-based casinos than most of the other states. A few out of the long list include:
- Amelia Belle Casino
- Baton Rouge Casinos
- Boomtown casino
- Coushatta Casino Resort
- Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino
- Horseshoe Casino Hotel
- Isle of Capri – Lake Charles
- Harrah’s Louisiana Downs
- FairGrounds Racecourse & Casino
The land-based casinos are entirely different from the expectations of the online gambling platforms. In 1991, it seems like the State was moving forward in gambling history. They were able to allow a maximum of 15 boats throughout the State for riverboat casino operations.
How To Register At Louisiana Sportsbooks?
Do you wish to play by signing up at the Louisiana sports betting apps? Well, you can’t do so now, as sportsbooks are only available through the Louisiana lottery in bars and restaurants. When gambling gets legalized through online sportsbooks, you can follow these steps to play.
You have to complete the registration process first. For that, pick up the new bookmakers legal in the state. Click on the signup button and fill in all the details as asked by the operators. Enter all details correctly and wait for the verification to happen. After that, you can gamble by placing bets on your favorite sports.
Land-Based Sportsbooks In Casinos
- Amelia Belle Casino
500 Lake Palourde Rd, Amelia, LA 70340
Daily: 9 am to 3 am
- Boomtown Casino & Hotel Bossier City
300 Riverside Dr, Bossier City, LA 71111
Daily: 9 am to 3 am
- Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino
2717 Delta Downs Dr, Vinton, LA 70668
Louisiana Teams To Bet On
Well, to bet on Louisiana teams, players have to keep in mind that sportsbooks are only available through bars and restaurants. Here’s a quick look at the teams that players can bet on:
- New Orleans Saints: They have a massive presence in New Orleans, and when the Louisiana betting sites go live, many players will be interested in placing wagers on them.
- Louisiana State University: The LSU Tigers are a massive entity, and in 2019, they won a National Trophy. Hopefully, the LGCB will allow wagering on in-state college betting.
- LSU Tigers Football: They were one of the greatest football teams led by Heisman Trophy winner. They took a step back after losing many talents in 2020.
- Tulane Green Wave Football: Since 2015, after completing an 18-year run, they have competed in the AAC. In program history, they have nine conference titles.
Horse Betting In Louisiana
Parimutuel betting was legal in the state, following which four racinos came up. They offer horse betting, live races, and casino games. The racinos are Evangeline Downs, Harrah’s Louisiana Downs, Delta Downs, and the Fair Grounds in New Orleans.
Sports Events That You Should Bet On
- MLS: The MLS regular season will begin on the 16th of April and continue till the 7th of November. The playoffs will start from the 19th of November and end by the 11th of December.
- NFL: The NFL will start from the 9th of September to the 9th of January 2022. During this time, you can register on the best sportsbooks in Louisiana to play.
Types Of Bets Available
- Money Line Bet: It is a straight bet where you have to decide who will win the event today.
- Point Spread: They are similar to handicap bets, and you have to decide by how many points the team will win.
DFS In Louisiana
The state legalized Daily Fantasy Sports in 2018, but the first license was received on the 15th of July 2021 by DraftKings. FanDuel is also expected to get a license as it played a major role in the legalization campaign. The Louisiana legislature took two years to pass the DFS taxation bill.
Future Development Of Sports Betting In Louisiana
In the football season, the online sports betting Louisiana could go live. The emergency rules expired in 180 days permitting the Louisiana Gaming Control Board to work on the permanent rules. The 20 land-based casinos and riverboats could apply for a sports betting license.
Sportsbooks Coming To Louisiana
FanDuel and DraftKings have shown their interest in coming up with Louisiana online sports betting. Caesars Sportsbook has tied up with the New Orleans Saints for the same reason. The other prominent sportsbook operators expected to start operations are BetMGM, Barstool, Wynn Bet, PointsBet, etc.
State Sports Betting Numbers
As Louisiana online gambling has been legalized, the online gaming industry believes it will attract over $2.5bn annual sports wagers. The operator revenue could go up to $200m. The state has been a home for the thriving casino industry and now online sports betting.
Louisiana & Social Casinos
In the meantime, social casinos are permitted in the State of Louisiana. Bettors can enjoy online casino-like features. However, they are mainly different from the typical online gambling platforms we know. Here are the two basic Louisiana social casinos:
- Chumba: This platform allows casino games to play for real money. You can get a bonus code for a $30 gold coin package for $10 & a Bonus 2 sweeps coins free of charge.
- LuckyLand: There’s a no-purchase bonus for punters on this platform. It rewards players with ten sweeps coins which are useful to play.
Possible Louisiana Casino Games
Passionate fans of online gambling should have high expectations regarding this category. For the first few years of legalization of online gambling, we expect to see a few casino games. The games below are on the top of our list:
We should expect some slot games on the platform too. However, all these are just predictions. Hopefully, in the next few months, these games surface for both new and old punters.
What’s New Regarding Online Gambling in Louisiana
There are strict gambling laws in Louisiana. However, there’s a significant load of excitement as regards the general online betting laws. Recently, good news came out regarding online betting in the state. It is said that a bill will appear on the November ballot. Bettors have their fingers crossed, waiting for the massive turn of events. Governor John Bel Edwards signed a measure allowing parishes to decide on the legalization of the gambling industry. The Louisiana Gaming Control Board will join hands with lawmakers of the State to draft license rules and more. It must be ensured that the prospective online casinos in Louisiana will be licensed and regulated.
With the regulatory framework of 20 casinos and racinos, the Louisiana Lottery has also received a sports betting license. Using that license, sports betting will be available in restaurants and bars.
In the meantime, online betting is completely illegal in Louisiana. People who break the law may need to pay a fine or serve time.
In the meantime, sports online betting is illegal. However, voters stand a chance to legalize sports betting in 2020.
Daily Fantasy Sports is legal in some parishes. It's accepted in around forty-seven of sixty-four parishes in the State.
Several large-scale online casinos await the legalization of gambling in the State of Louisiana. Platforms like the 888 casino, DraftKings, and more may be available.
The use of a VPN is against state laws. It's crucial to follow the regulations of Louisiana to be on the safest side.
To place bets, you have to sign up for the best sportsbook.
Players who have attained the age requirements can bet on sports in the state.
The Louisiana Gaming Control Board oversees the sports betting requirements.
No, you cannot play on mobile at the moment.
They are illegal in the state, so players must not use the sites.
When you wish to bet on sports betting events, sign up on the legalized betting site.
Yes, DFS is allowed in the state.
With more than 4.6 million predictions, the revenue collection generation could be $2.5 bn from online and retail sports wagering by the third year.
These sites have not been launched yet in this state.
To download, you can visit the Google or Apple Play Store.
No, players can wager who are not residents of the state.
Yes, you have to be inside the state to play.
Gamblers have to be at least 21 years old to bet on sports.
Yes, you can bet legally on sports in all states that legalized sports betting.