Louisiana Online Gambling Review
Louisiana online gambling causes a lot of discussions, views, and perceptions. The State is well known for its good food, music, and unique cultural beliefs. However, they don’t seem to be devoted fans of online gambling. But, for now, there seems to be some level of progress in that area. This doesn’t guarantee the freedom of punters regarding placing bets. The act is explicitly criminalized in the State.
Win Real Money Through Betting on Pointsbet Sportsbook
William Hill Sportsbook Review & Bonus Code 2021
Scoreboard Sportsbook Online Review
Louisiana Legalization Problems
Issues are surrounding online gambling in this State. At the time of Louisiana’s inclusion into the union, gambling and general betting were standard practices. Since several years back, the state laws have decided to allow casino operations and later stop them. Fortunately, there was a little change in the regulations. It was for the legalization of online horse gambling. Punters saw this as a significant change, and lots of people took advantage of this opportunity. Some years into the State’s online gambling activities, 15 riverboat casinos were allowed, and video poker machines in commercial outlets were permitted. We await an influx of fantastic platforms (including poker sites) once the bill gets legalized
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Gambling Site
If you follow through with online gambling in this State, you should have some high hopes. However, bettors need to comprehend some factors that guarantee the best gambling experience. Some of the requirements for Louisiana online gambling sites are below:
- Banking methods: For deposits and withdrawals, the payment methods of whatever gambling site you choose is vital. Many of the platforms that provide services related to online betting typically have several banking options. Examples of the standard methods are Neteller, PayPal, Credit Cards, and more.
- Security: It’s crucial always to confirm the security level of any gambling site. Some of the platforms for online betting make use of 128 Encryption to avoid data loss. Without a secure site, you can’t be sure of the safety of your data.
- Promotions and Bonuses: Most of the real money casino sites deal with bonuses and promotions. It’s a necessary tool for getting new punters and keeping the old ones. Examples include the no deposit bonuses, welcome bonuses, risk-free bonuses, and more.
- Reputation and Legalization: How reputable is the platform you consider? If you’re sure that an online platform is reputable, you can go for it. However, this may require a bit of research. Records, reviews, and other vital materials are crucial. Also, make sure that they perform legal gambling activities.
- Loyalty programs: Ever heard of unique bonuses for punters who have spent a specific amount of time with a particular gambling platform. Loyalty programs are a way of saying thank you to loyal bettors. Many of these websites have enticing bonuses.
- Customer support: There’s a very high possibility of facing specific challenges along the way in any gambling site you choose. However, the question is, “Are there qualified professionals that can help?” Please be sure about their means of communication.
- Choice of games: This factor is essential in choosing a gambling site. Many platforms provide different online casino games. First, you need to be sure that you have a game that attracts you. Moreover, you may decide to explore their other options too.
- Apps: The use of mobile applications is an excellent feature that many online betting sites provide. Apps that are compatible with your mobile devices can work anywhere. Moreover, ensure that those applications are downloadable on your mobile device. Please, note that some platforms provide mobile-optimized sites instead of an actual application.
- Software: If you’re conversant with online gambling, you should know a few things about the industry’s software. Most websites provide topnotch software for their bettors. However, some aren’t at the top of their software game. Most online poker casinos protect regular wagering. Hence, they may employ a geo-location software and age verification process.
Louisiana Tribal Land-Based Casinos, Daily Fantasy Sports, and Lottery
Louisiana seems to have more tribal land-based casinos than most of the other states. A few out of the long list include:
- Amelia Belle Casino
- Baton Rouge Casinos
- Boomtown casino
- Coushatta Casino Resort
- Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino
- Horseshoe Casino Hotel
- Isle of Capri – Lake Charles
- Harrah’s Louisiana Downs
- FairGrounds Racecourse & Casino
The land-based casinos are entirely different from the expectations of the online gambling platforms. In 1991, it seems like the State was moving forward in gambling history. They were able to allow a maximum of 15 boats throughout the State for riverboat casino operations.
Louisiana & Social Casinos
In the meantime, social casinos are permitted in the State of Louisiana. Bettors can enjoy online casino-like features. However, they are mainly different from the typical online gambling platforms we know. Here are the two basic Louisiana social casinos:
- Chumba: This platform allows casino games to play for real money. You can get a bonus code for a $30 gold coin package for $10 & Bonus 2 sweeps coins free of charge.
- LuckyLand: There’s a no purchase bonus for punters on this platform. It rewards players with ten sweeps coins which are useful to play.
Possible Louisiana Casino Games
Passionate fans of online gambling should have high expectations regarding this category. For the first few years of legalization of online gambling, we expect to see a few casino games. The games below are on the top of our list:
- Legal Online Poker
- Major international leagues for the sportsbook.
We should expect some slot games on the platform too. However, all these are just predictions. Hopefully, in the next few months, these games surface for both new and old punters.
What’s New Regarding Online Gambling in Louisiana
There are strict gambling laws in Louisiana. However, there’s a significant load of excitement as regards the general online betting laws. Recently, good news came out regarding online betting in the state. It is said that a bill will appear on the November ballot. Bettors have their fingers crossed, waiting for the massive turn of events. Governor John Bel Edwards signed a measure allowing parishes to decide on the legalization of the gambling industry. The Louisiana Gaming Control Board will join hands with lawmakers of the State to draft license rules and more. The State must ensure that the prospective online casinos will be licensed and regulated.
Are online gambling legal in Louisiana?
- In the meantime, online betting is completely illegal in Louisiana. People who break the law may need to pay a fine or serve time.
Is sports betting legal in Louisiana?
- In the meantime, sports online betting is illegal. However, voters stand a chance to legalize sports betting in 2020.
Is it legal to play DFS in Louisiana?
- Daily Fantasy Sports is legal in some parishes. It's accepted in around forty-seven of sixty-four parishes in the State.
What casinos will be available in Louisiana?
- Several large-scale online casinos await the legalization of gambling in the State of Louisiana. Platforms like the 888 casino, DraftKings, and more may be available.
Can I play on European sites with VPN in Louisiana?
- The use of a VPN is against state laws. It's crucial to follow the regulations of Louisiana to be on the safest side.